Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,116 comments
I hope that this is an indication of Lotus' potential return
Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse

As update coming i read this....
Pity you didn't read the last line of the second paragraph really.

Or the front page of this site last week.

I think @Famine is going to have an aneurysm at this point lol.

To your point: yes, it's been brought up by about ten other people, but apparently the image rights are still owned by the individual brands which have their own marketing departments. So it doesn't mean anything about the conflict between PD and Lotus being resolved.
Ah ok, my bad. I think as soon as the silhouettes dropped there were several pages of new posts that I didn't look through.

I appreciate the information on how the Lotus situation is actually structured. We can still hope it gets resolved, but the Volvo/Geely stuff shouldn't be used as an indicator.

On a different note, I wish there were some more TVR's in the game than just the Tuscan. When that was added, Forza also added it around the same time along with the new Griffith. Sad we never got that, and with TVR seemingly going silent since Covid, we probably won't be getting cars from them anytime soon either

that circuit would have been interesting in fast cars :D
if it were a longer track like St Croix, the mix of slow & fast bends might be a great leveler against the faster cars .............seeing the big boys brake 100m before you & slipping down the inside under braking is a joy to behold 🌝......im easily pleased

I don't understand this, it's a chance for free advertising or sponsorship. I don't know why brands don't bring it or allow it when they have the opportunity to promote a brand.
In their opinion they don't need free advertising as they feel they are as important as Ferrari and McLaren and think they deserve to be paid as much as them (with which up to a certain point we can agree, at least for F1 history).

And it's not like they are that wrong, since every single update we* keep moaning about the lack of Lotuses and taking every news as a possible hint that they will eventually come back...

*a large percentage of users, or only a vocal minority, but still looks like it's a significant portion of GT7 users, not necessarily myself included

You say this as if people would be unhappy with all the missing tracks from GT6 coming to GT7.
Both games are pretty good, both games have their flaws. I don't think rabid tribalism is beneficial to anyone.
Thing is, it's great to have a lot of the content added to FM2023, but the thing is, there's a lot of copy pasting and little to no tweaking to said content, just to push out content updates to expand the game (which is a great thing to do at least, don't get me wrong), whereas PD has been adding less content, but ensured more quality than whatever Turn 10 is doing, especially considering all the returning cars from older games. (I know, PD f-ed up the car models in GT5 and 6, but they seem to have learned from their mistakes to that part. But T10? Have you seen how old some of their car models in FM are??)

How many tracks GT7 got in span of 2 years?
How many events GT7 gonna get? 3 at best?

Just yikes, both games are good, but you're being so objectively wrong here, it's bothersome.

Forza day one track count - 20
GT 7 day one track count - 34

Forza current track count - 25 (24 actually because they count Nordschleife seperate than nurburgring)
GT7 current track count - 38

Events? GT7 new events don’t disappear after 4 weaks…

So stop trolling please.

Last edited:
Thing is, it's great to have a lot of the content added to FM2023, but the thing is, there's a lot of copy pasting and little to no tweaking to said content, just to push out content updates to expand the game (which is a great thing to do at least, don't get me wrong), whereas PD has been adding less content, but ensured more quality than whatever Turn 10 is doing, especially considering all the returning cars from older games. (I know, PD f-ed up the car models in GT5 and 6, but they seem to have learned from their mistakes to that part. But T10? Have you seen how old some of their car models in FM are??)
I would say T10 have also learnt from their mistakes now considering they have publicly said and listed which older car models they are going to be reworking and replacing in the future.

Say as you will but to be honest I would prefer lesser fidelity tracks than having no new tarmac tracks for 18 months. I think in gameplay terms, that's pretty unacceptable.

Say as you will but to be honest I would prefer lesser fidelity tracks than having no new tarmac tracks for 18 months. I think in gameplay terms, that's pretty unacceptable.

So you want less tracks overall just to have them added more regulary?

Maybe I’m strange or something, but I prefer having more tracks since game release…

Last edited:
So you want less tracks overall just to have them added more regulary?

Maybe I’m strange or something, but I prefer havinh more tracks since game release…
"Fidelity" means "faithfulness". He's asking for a sacrifice in quality in order to have more tracks more often.

We also missing "another Skyline" - the R33 GT-R GT500 from 1998

59203915_2272894242969619_5427153699229138944_n.jpg

1998 and 1999 JGTC GT500 champions

Both are called ‘PENNZOIL NISMO GT-R’
🏆
Honestly? Here are the Nissan Skylines and/or GT-R models that I think would be best-suited to appear in GT7:

Nissan Skyline (BLRA-3)
Nissan Skyline (R30)
Nismo Skyline GT-R LM Road Going Version
Mine's Skyline GT-R (R34)
Infiniti G35
Nissan GT-R (R35) '07
Nissan GT-R50

Did I miss anything? Maybe some Nismo-tuned models, but as far as any companions to the 400R go, I'd vastly prefer the Silvia-based 270R. Heck, we've already even gotten an updated GT-R GT3, so I'd imagine if there were somehow a newer Gr.3 entry for Nissan, it'd likely be a GT3 or GT300-spec version of the new Z.

Last edited:
I would say T10 have also learnt from their mistakes now considering they have publicly said and listed which older car models they are going to be reworking and replacing in the future.

Took them some time though, as they used the same car models for a few titles throughout the series :/

And in terms of no new tarmac track over 18 months? I kinda agree, but while I am pretty sad that no new track has been added over such a long time, I think the track roster is already pretty good (my opinion!), but can always get more tracks, so there is more variety than there already is

Honestly? Here are the Nissan Skylines and/or GT-R models that I think would be best-suited to appear in GT7:

Nissan Skyline (BLRA-3)
Nissan Skyline (R30)
Infiniti G35
Nissan GT-R (R35) '07
Nissan GT-R50

Did I miss anything? Maybe some Nismo-tuned models, but as far as any companions to the 400R go, I'd vastly prefer the Silvia-based 270R. Heck, we've already even gotten an updated GT-R GT3, so I'd imagine if there were somehow a newer Gr.3 entry for Nissan, it'd likely be a GT3 or GT300-spec version of the new Z.
I'd like to add the R34 Z Tune or the CRS built by Nismo Omori factory

Nissan Skyline (BLRA-3)
Nissan Skyline (R30)
Infiniti G35
Nissan GT-R (R35) '07
Nissan GT-R50

Did I miss anything? Maybe some Nismo-tuned models, but as far as any companions to the 400R go, I'd vastly prefer the Silvia-based 270R.
Calsonic R32 seems obvious. Also, C210 Skyline GT-ES. It kind of replaced the KPGC110 GT-R before the more well-known DR30 made its arrival.

Last edited:
I don't think either game took the wrong approach on tracks - it's just that they were in different places as franchises and reacted accordingly.

Forza has/had a lot of good quality last-gen circuit assets that were close enough that they can iterate on and improve enough to add to the current game, whereas all of GT's last-gen quality assets are already in the game, and PS3-quality assets would stand out as "bad" a lot more (especially since a lot of those were originally PS2 assets!).

Both approaches have their negatives - GT obviously has been quite slow post-launch since we're only getting two tracks a year, whereas Forza you have to question why they launched with so few in base game if they seemingly had a fast pipeline of track development, as well as carrying over known issues like the Daytona pit lane or the Nordschleife mini-Karussell being off-model.

But I think if the two games used the other's approach to track development, both would be worse off for it.

Last edited:
However it's got 542hp, therefore making it overpowered for the category.
Maybe, but power doesn't seem to be as much of a factor of what group a race car goes into as I had initially though. The Toyota Celica WRC and the GT-One (TS020) are the clearest examples of what I'm trying to describe, especially when you look at their stock power, and then see how drastically both power figures change when BoP is enabled for Gr.B and Gr.2, respectively.

EDIT: Not to mention that I think the Calsonic R32 was 4WD just like the road car, making it ineligible for Gr.3.

Last edited:
Maybe, but power doesn't seem to be as much of a factor of what group a race car goes into as I had initially though. The Toyota Celica WRC and the GT-One (TS020) are the clearest examples of what I'm trying to describe, especially when you look at their stock power, and then see how drastically both power figures change when BoP is enabled for Gr.B and Gr.2, respectively.

EDIT: Not to mention that I think the Calsonic R32 was 4WD just like the road car, making it ineligible for Gr.3.
that complicates things even more when you realize the Skyline Super Silhouette is Gr.3 :D

so it should be in Gr.3 but because of 4WD it would be in Gr.4 just bop would nerf its power just like recent GT-One

Seems to me T10 are doing exactly what PD did with GT6

Back