Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,969 comments
I'm most interested in the tuning stages they have. I can see how they spread out the various levels of parts but it still feels like there's an extra category. It goes Entry -> City -> Sports -> Racing -> Extreme. Wonder what each one holds?
Kind of curious about how there are "sport" versions of parts when the "entry" tab is highlighted. (If I remember right anyways) I also wonder what each holds.

Also...What could extreme be that's above "racing"

Some thoughts on the Announcement Trailer:
  • Main menu looks fantastic; a blend of GT4's map layout with GT6/GT Sport-style aesthetics.
  • Reworked Trial Mountain looks gorgeous and massive in comparison to the original; genuinely looking forward to having a few FIA races around there when I do pick up a PS5.
  • Pleased to see more brand-new cars being added like the Gulf 917 and BAC Mono; I'd be intrigued to know how the Gr./PP systems will end up being implemented for Sport Mode/Special Events.
  • Nice that some of the fantasy brands from GT Sport are being linked with an actual purpose in the game (i.e. Understeer Engineering and AMT in the Tuning Shop).
  • 'Extreme' tuning? Wonder what that entails...
  • Genuinely hope to see the Livery Editor showcased at some point between now and (eventual) launch, but I wonder if it may end up becoming part of GT Auto.
  • Same racing HUD as GT Sport, though there is a good chance this might change before release.
  • I know that the gameplay footage is only a sample, but I hope that the AI improves before launch or at least gets more competent at higher difficulty levels. Otherwise I might just end up spending the majority of the time racing online.
Rather convinced by what I've seen so far, and inevitably one of my highlights from the PS5 reveal. Looking forward to seeing more of GT7 emerge in due course.

I just noticed the Used Cars icon, I wonder how that will work.
Car Dealerships.png

I mean, given that GT Sport has right now over 400 cars and I guess GT7 will have around 600 (remembering GT Sport's dlc cycle from year 1), I'm not sure if that's enough to warrant a used car list.

Last edited:
I wouldn't read too much into the red dots for the tracks. I think they are purposely hiding some they don't want us to see. It appears the only ones showing are GT Sport tracks + Trial Mountain and Daytona.

I think they match up pretty well. Colorado Springs is likely in the middle of the map. Trial Mountain is clearly in California, as is Laguna Seca and Willow Springs. Not sure what is above Texas however. Northern Isle is somewhere in the US as well apparently.

Hmm, looks like the red dots on the map might represent available circuits?
X31TD9t.png

EDIT: Nvm, took me way too long to prepare this screenshot and you guys have already started talking about this :dunce:
I hope it's Sonoma but it might not be because it's a little more northeast.

I think they match up pretty well. Colorado Springs is likely in the middle of the map. Trial Mountain is clearly in California, as is Laguna Seca and Willow Springs. Not sure what is above Texas however. Northern Isle is somewhere in the US as well apparently.
Yeah the dots match up to the circuits we already know from GT Sport, which is what I was getting at. ;)

This may just be me overanalyzing, but I see zero mention of Ferrari. Typically these videos and/or screenshots include fine print about the use of the Ferrari logo in the game. I'm seeing no evidence of that so far. Possible they've changed the licensing?

My guess is it'll be set up like Gran Turismo 4. Brand Central will have new cars as well as classic cars whereas the Used Car Dealer will feature older more 'everyday' cars of the 2000s, 90s, and 80s.
I suppose it could work like that, but my concern is do they have enough of said cars to warrant that.

---
Actually, they might right now actually. There were plenty of 90s and 80s cars added to GT Sport plus some 2000s cars (which will no doubt be considered used cars). Maybe even some early 2010s cars could be placed there like the Renault Megane.

Okay, nevermind.

I looked back at this clip and the interior is from the 2006 Ford GT. I think Polyphony Digital might actually keep every single car from GTS in GT Sport at the rate of cars I've seen from that game already. I mean, there's still more trailers to show later on, but it's just looking that way for now.
View attachment 929450

EDIT: I predict this mainly because the graphics and game engine seem to be taken from GT Sport and will just be refined (which I already said I liked). So, there probably won't be as much work porting the cars over to GT7. Which is good, this means we could see a good car count (without worrying about standard cars).

That has never been the question. We already suspected that.

Everything in GTS will be ported over and contained in GT7.

The question is : what more will we get beyond what is already in GTS for GT7.

Weird seeing that Trial Mountain is geographically quite close to El Capitan, I dunno where I would’ve placed TM but didn’t expect it to be near Yosemite.

So no El Capitan or no Pikes Peak then :( :( :( :(

Zoom and enhance

Only three tracks in France ?!?

I was hoping to see more
Paul Ricards
Monaco (Cote D'azur)
Etc :( :( :(

Hopefully through subsequent updates....

I guess :
- Monaco
- Catalunya
- Le Mans
- Spa
- Nurburgring
- Dragon Trail (Croatia)
- Monza
- Lago Maggiore
- Sardegna
- a track in Switzerland from GT5/6
- 2 tracks in England prolly London downtown and another one i guess Goodwood Revival
- and i see a track close to the Italian/Slovanian boarder

I think you got it.

The Monaco dot is likely Ste-Croix. Provence is in the same area.

Sadly :( :(

@CTznOfTime Correction :

- Catalunya-Barcelona
- Circuit de Sainte-Croix (South of France) instead of Monaco
- Le Mans
- Spa
- Nurburgring/Norschleife
- Brands Hatch
- Goodwood Motor Circuit
- Eiger Nordwand (?)
- Sardegna
- Monza
- Lago Maggiore
- And a track close to the Italian/Slovanian Border

The one I marked as Sonoma is most likely Blue Moon Bay. Sad noises.
That would be a bit odd imo, if that's the case. I always thought Blue Moon Bay was based on Pocono Raceway (due to the similar looking layout), so it would be placed in PA.

That would be a bit odd imo, if that's the case. I always thought Blue Moon Bay was based on Pocono Raceway (due to the similar looking layout), so it would be placed in PA.

In the GT website, around the time when BMB infield courses were added, the blog post for the update specifies that BMB is located in the Bay Area, northern California.

Latest Posts

Back