Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,432 comments
snc
Not sure pd took advantage of ps5 seeing 2d trees :d but still think deserved to be on list
Well, other than 2D trees (we're likely always going to see 2D trees tbh, lol), I'd say they did if you compare the PS4 and PS5 versions together. Meanwhile, Ragnarok almost looks the same between the two versions other than resolution and slightly better textures, as said.

Well, other than 2D trees (we're likely always going to see 2D trees tbh, lol), I'd say they did if you compare the PS4 and PS5 versions together. Meanwhile, Ragnarok almost looks the same between the two versions other than resolution and slightly better textures, as said.
The same can be said about GT7 also. They are very similar actually, the upgrades in both are higher res, higher fps, better textures, better shadows, better reflections, better draw distance and better lighting. Both have the same graphical differences between PS4 and PS5.

The same can be said about GT7 also. They are very similar actually, the upgrades in both are higher res, higher fps, better textures, better shadows, better reflections, better draw distance and better lighting. Both have the same graphical differences between PS4 and PS5.
Not... really. The PS4 version of GT7 has less environmental assets and detail (as well as cutbacks in lighting in other areas) as seen here:

Meanwhile, "the differences are subtle" for Ragnarok, says DF:

Not... really. The PS4 version of GT7 has less environmental assets and detail (as well as cutbacks in lighting in other areas) as seen here:

Meanwhile, "the differences are subtle" for Ragnarok, says DF:

Thats just on that track, on other tracks the differences are subtle when it comes to track side details. And all the other upgrades are literally points that i stated on my previous post. They both have higher res, higher fps, better shadows, better reflections, better draw distance and better lighting on PS5 vs PS4. But GT7 has more foliage and GOW:R has tesselation and different higher res textures on PS5 compared to PS4. So the upgrades are very similar with both doing something extra over the PS4 version. And ofcourse DF gonna say that the differences in GOW:R are subtle, they have excluded it from there 2022 best graphics list. And im not saying that GT7 doesn't deserve to be there btw. Its the best looking racing sim on console, even with its flaws (graphics wise). Im just surprised that GOW didn't make the list.

With the 25th anniversary of gt I was thinking about this car 1 of the most beloved and iconic gt cars ever do you guys think it'll every come back?

I remember back in gt3 -gt4 days I always thought of this car as the ferrari of gt before ferrari got added.

I doubt it'll come back as a TommyKaira, but as an Autobacs model.

Supposedly, Tomita himself is reviving the project, but I doubt it'll look like the old model, let alone use the RB26.

As more time passes the more concerns about GT7 being cross-gen comes.

I would say they can't drop support for ps4 at any time it's like sinking ship pretty much, unless GT8 comes somewhere around "future" (By Kaz.)

True next gen will come with new Forza Motorsport, can't wait to see how badly it'll overshadow GT7...goodjob sony milking the 12 year old console, goodjob PD for still increasing prices in Hagerty scammer dealership and still encouraging fu**** microtransactions on top of other many issues with the game.

25th anniversary feels so pathetic...if they won't remove such system and still give us 3 sh*** events once per month. Franchise will be officially in grave, crawling at times, because it's a long time franchise and it's allowed to do so, compare let's say Driveclub, a rushed under appreciated game that didn't see a greenlight for a sequel. Kaz will still be promising that "future" will be in "future".

In my opinion feels like all old developers at PD just left the studio...just look at career events, their weird overfocus on esports.

-Hyper car Parade....really PD? Event that features said hyper cars, modern super cars, 2000-2010's super/hyper cars, 90's super cars they would just shove all these cars into one event (And I really miss the name "Super car festival") Just look at let's say Forza Motorsport 6, where there is divisions of cars and career is structured around that (Not the best example but still).

AND ITS LITERALLY IN THEIR INTEREST TO CREATE AS MANY EVENTS AS POSSIBLE. But they refuse to do that, even having some cut events in game that will surely come as a "future update".

As I'm writing this I gonna soon grind towards Mclaren MP4/4 '88 Formula Car. Once I'll get it I'll feel quite empty after driving it for a while, because that's how GT7 feels-all hollow.

It's sad seeing it like that. Just sad. Who knows maybe someday we'll get some endurance events at least and updates will be better, but it's all pure hope and speculation.

AND ITS LITERALLY IN THEIR INTEREST TO CREATE AS MANY EVENTS AS POSSIBLE. But they refuse to do that, even having having some cut events in game that will surely come as a "future update".
No, it's in thier interests to make us not want to grind, part of that means not having too many events we can enjoy grinding on. This is so the whales are tempted into buying Cr with real cash. Sadly that's the model they've gone for and it's anti-consumer and doesn't lend itself to making the game as good as it could be.

No, it's in thier interests to make us not want to grind, part of that means not having too many events we can enjoy grinding on. This is so the whales are tempted into buying Cr with real cash. Sadly that's the model they've gone for and it's anti-consumer and doesn't lend itself to making the game as good as it could be.
It's telling that PD's holiday gift to the players is the addition of more limited time "hot" cars to the FOMO shops but not more ways to enable players to earn the credits needed to buy those cars.

New tracks like Watkins Glen & Road Atlanta are a clear generational leap over somewhere like Le Mans. That's not a cross-gen issue, it's just what PD have got around to updating. Other GTS legacy tracks like Tsukuba have been updated with lots of new high-res textures and look fantastic. PS4 is becoming a time & development hog as new tracks need to be cut-back so much for that platform.

A PS5 only GT can take greater advantage of the SSD, fundamentally change how they stream higher quality assets. In GT7 the only major benefit of the SSD is loading times. But there's only so much detail you can add to a track, it's more important to nail the lighting conditions, and environmental effects. Otherwise it will always look like a game, albeit a pretty game.

A PS5 only GT can take greater advantage of the SSD, fundamentally change how they stream higher quality assets. In GT7 the only major benefit of the SSD is loading times. But there's only so much detail you can add to a track, it's more important to nail the lighting conditions, and environmental effects. Otherwise it will always look like a game, albeit a pretty game.
Still needs some work refining things on PS5. The frame rate slows noticeably with 20 cars on track in custom races.

I really wouldn't mind if PD just focus on making the tracks and environments look better while keeping the cars the same quality for GT8 in terms of graphics. The cars themselves already look the best probably in gaming. It's just quite jarring to look at sometimes when the cars look beautiful but the rest look "less pretty". Obviously also lose the online only function, bring back GT League with proper credit rewards like the old games and HOPEFULLY somehow use Sophy for the AI. Long shot but I can hope.

Also make it so 20 cars on track won't drop the frame rate.

Basically, just go all out with PS5.

Last edited:
Queastion I just got the zonda 09 car from a 5 star if I hold this ticket till the next update is there a chance it may change to the fxx-k?

I remember reading somewhere in the forum that when cars change they change to the same class of cars and since the fxxk and the zonda are the same class.

New tracks like Watkins Glen & Road Atlanta are a clear generational leap over somewhere like Le Mans. That's not a cross-gen issue, it's just what PD have got around to updating. Other GTS legacy tracks like Tsukuba have been updated with lots of new high-res textures and look fantastic. PS4 is becoming a time & development hog as new tracks need to be cut-back so much for that platform.

Yeah most of the older tracks look really bad. The new tracks look soo much better that they could call some of the old tracks standard tracks and new tracks premium tracks.

PD killed me with the 25th Anniversary trailer. First car shown. :mad:
F77AD34A-A58C-4B9E-9C98-1C604A04B6A3.png

I needs this car in GT7. Like… really really need it. Seriously.

Queastion I just got the zonda 09 car from a 5 star if I hold this ticket till the next update is there a chance it may change to the fxx-k?

I remember reading somewhere in the forum that when cars change they change to the same class of cars and since the fxxk and the zonda are the same class.
I may be wrong about this, but I don't think you can get invite-only cars from tickets

Yeah you can I got the Vulcan 2015 via a ticket and I seen post of other players getting the fxx-k via tickets.
Yes, you can get some invite only cars from tickets, I've also won a Vulcan. I think cars up to a maximum value can be won IIRC, but not LCD cars becuase, you know, youhave to wait 3 months of your life to buy those.

The odds of you winning FXX-K are minute, the Zonda 09 is much beter prize than you are likely to get if you recycle your ticket after the next update. When you open a ticket and you see all the possible prizes, they aren't really possible prizes. Your prize has already been determined when the ticket was won, so when you recylce a ticket it redetermines what the prize for that ticket is, it won't be the same 5 potential prizes you see when you open it no, it'll be like wininig an all new ticket for whatever star value it is.

Last edited:
Yes, you can get some invite only cars from tickets, I've also won a Vulcan. I think cars up to a maximum value can be won IIRC, but not LCD cars becuase, you know, youhave to wait 3 months of your life to buy those.

The odds of you winning FXX-K are minute, the Zonda 09 is much beter prize than you are likely to get if you recycle your ticket after the next update. When you open a ticket and you see all the possible prizes, they aren't really possible prizes. Your prize has already been determined when the ticket was own, so when you recylce to ticket it redtermines what the prize for that ticket is, it won't be the same 5 potential prizes you see when you open it no, it'll be like wininig an all new ticket for whatever star value it is.
I know dave but its just that I have such little hope of ever owning the fxx-k I'm just trying anything I can. :(

Before update 1.27 drop I had a ticket that gave me the SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1 but I saved that ticket to after the update and it changed to the Jaguar Vision GT Roadster that was my first car change via a update so I'm just going base off that.

Just hoping for a miracle I guess. :)

Last edited:
I know dave but its just that I have such little hope of ever owning the fxx-k I'm just trying anything I can. :(

Before update 1.27 drop I had a ticket that gave me the SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1 but I saved that ticket to after the update and it changed to the Jaguar Vision GT Roadster that was my first car change via a update so I'm just going base off that.

Just hoping for a miracle I guess. :)
It's super frustrating, but I'd stick with that Zonda. The odds of specifically winning the FXX-K must be a fraction of a percentage with the right type of ticket, the Zonda is a decent prize itself though.

The ticket system is attrocious, I was fortunate enough to be able to buy every invitation car when PD handed out all of the invitation tickets early on and I was also able to earn enough Cr to do this thanks to a ticket glitch where you could repeatedly claim the prize tickets from some menus, but that's been long patched now.

If it weren't for those two things I'd likely be in the same boat as you, it is awful game design but there's not much you can do about it at the moment.

But I prioritised buying the invitational cars when I could, then once I had all of those the LCD cars. I still have a few to get, but without the glitch it's taking me several months to save 20m Cr a time. And when I do finally have the Cr I need, I may have to wait a couple more months for the car I want to appear. I just can't be bothered anymore so the game's been largely unused the last couple of months barring a couple of post update 30-40 min sessions to check out the new content.

It's one of the worst game mechinc designs and in game economies I've ever experienced outside of FTP games, and that's no exaggeration.

Last edited:

Yes and the sad thing is, that the popins are not random Problems. They apear at the exact same place. It doesent even matter, how fast you drive. So it is a general Problem of the graphic engine.

And sadly this problem appear in the new builded tracks aswell.

Here are two examples from trial mountain:

The texture and shadows appear in a exact place.
when i drive back, the shadows and textures dissapeared again.

Even though this might still be overlooked in fast races in 2D, it will be a big immersion break especially in VR. I hope the developers could fix the problem quickly. After all, the pop ins always come at the same place.

Yes and the sad thing is, that the popins are not random Problems. They apear at the exact same place. It doesent even matter, how fast you drive. So it is a general Problem of the graphic engine.

And sadly this problem appear in the new builded tracks aswell.

Here are two examples from trial mountain:

The texture and shadows appear in a exact place.
when i drive back, the shadows and textures dissapeared again.

Even though this might still be overlooked in fast races in 2D, it will be a big immersion break especially in VR. I hope the developers could fix the problem quickly. After all, the pop ins always come at the same place.

It's because of the cross-gen nature of the engine. It's scaled up compared to the PS4 version.

If you want, you can easily notice this in: Modern Warfare 2, Forza Horizon 5, Dirt 5, Grid Legends (all console versions, MW2 PC too

Games you can't notice any of this: Demon's Souls, Ratchet Clank PS5...

nothing looks really bad in the game. Maybe Le Mans.
Really? Most of the older tracks look bad or average compared to the new tracks. Its filled with low res assets and textures. They have updated some tracks but most of them still looks bad.
All from PS5
Gran-Turismo-7-20220308001628.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220308001750.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220306025748.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220306024926.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220415232618.png

I can show more if you want but don't want to fill the page with images.

Now look at my post after this where you see the new tracks filled with detail and high res textures.

Back