Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,432 comments
Now look at this, can you see the big difference between the old and new tracks?
Gran-Turismo-7-20220305154208.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220305154118.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220305154422.png

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. It has been a while since I’ve logged on.

Is it just me or has anyone else who’s joined the public lobbies noticed other cars driving significantly faster than you in a straight line?

I’m pretty decent at tuning, but the gap is drastic. Am I maybe missing something or do I just need to tune my gearing a bit better?

Second, my internet connection is really good and I’m hardwired in via cat6 but drivers tend to lag, even with the green bar connection. Anyone else had this issue come up and fixed it?

I was just trying to do some races while on PTO and it was a terrible online experience :(.

The gearing takes some getting used to. You need to relearn how to tune in this game. Also the fact that the gearing is still bugged in showing me the final speed in km/h while I drive in mph, still irks me.

And yea, the game has been laggy since launch. Good or bad connection, wired or hardwired, it doesn't matter the servers are a mess.

Btw, when was the KenMeri Skyline added to the game? Or has it been there since launch? Follow up question, do we know when it's going to appear in the Legendary Dealership again?

For games running on UE5, Nanite seems to have completely eliminated the idea of pop-in on textures and models. Let's hope Polyphony can come up with something similar, either for a next gen-exclusive GT7 update or a hypothetical GT8.

I did check on Christmas Day, whether Luca would have a special message for you, or better yet, serve you up a slice of Yule Log/Christmas Pudding etc, but no...

Still, my birthday is only a few days away, so I'll be swinging back for a slice of birthday cake soon

Really? Most of the older tracks look bad or average compared to the new tracks. Its filled with low res assets and textures. They have updated some tracks but most of them still looks bad.
All from PS5
Gran-Turismo-7-20220308001628.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220308001750.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220306025748.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220306024926.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220415232618.png

I can show more if you want but don't want to fill the page with images.

Now look at my post after this where you see the new tracks filled with detail and high res textures.
I mean, if you've seen the visuals thread. We been known Le Mans, Dragon Trail, Bathurst and St Croix have problems. I just don't find them ugly in motion, only Le Mans

edit: I saw the rest of your posts. all are true. the new tracks really look much better. I just don't think the older ones look BAD, they just need some adjustments to bring them to par with the new ones.

Last edited:
For games running on UE5, Nanite seems to have completely eliminated the idea of pop-in on textures and models. Let's hope Polyphony can come up with something similar, either for a next gen-exclusive GT7 update or a hypothetical GT8.
It's complicated. Once the assets are within "nanite range" (prob not the actual term for it but still), pop-in is eliminated, but the assets still have pop-in when entering the nanite range. Fortnite can sort of get away with it during most gameplay scenarios due to the nature of the game but not sure if that would still apply to a racing game.

It's fair to say that GT8 or whatever will probably be able to tackle it more effectively though.

I got a Zonda from a ticket too, only mine is a six star. I think it's a really good car to get, seeing how it sells for twice as much as any of the VGTs.

That said however, my daily activities in GT7 are little more than a quick daily workout on SSRX, along with a brief look into the UCD/LCD to see if they have any of the cars I still need for engine swaps. I almost never boot up the game to actually play it. I don't feel like dealing with the filth online and thanks to the braindead AI custom races aren't an option either. Heck, they won't even do something as basic as apply full throttle on a dead straight piece of track, so racing them is no fun. Thanks to this, GT7 has become a car collecting simulator to me, it's not a driving simulator anymore. This is also why I'm having a hard time looking forward to the new content that comes at the end of each month, because once I've added the cars to my collection I'm always like "Okay...but now what?"

I just can't think of anything meaningful to do with all these cars. If only the AI could be as good across the board as it is in that one Gr.3 mission race, I might go back to actually playing GT7 again.

Last edited:
Really? Most of the older tracks look bad or average compared to the new tracks. Its filled with low res assets and textures. They have updated some tracks but most of them still looks bad.
All from PS5
Gran-Turismo-7-20220308001628.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220308001750.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220306025748.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220306024926.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20220415232618.png

I can show more if you want but don't want to fill the page with images.

Now look at my post after this where you see the new tracks filled with detail and high res textures.

Well it is a driving simulator not a gardening sim

Well it is a driving simulator not a gardening sim
But PD sure love to talk about their work on realistic trackside landscapes.

An ugly environment is an ugly environment no matter the kind of game. PD can do, and have done, better.

The game also shipped with 2500 Scapes...

Last edited:
^That is true but it is still serviceable , honestly i didn't noticed Le Mans track missing details while gaming because i am going almost 300km/h all the time there 😎 , if they going to fix it eventually it will be great since this track deserve some more love

also i don't have a tree fetish to be bothered by less detailed trees 🤣

Last edited:
I know dave but its just that I have such little hope of ever owning the fxx-k I'm just trying anything I can. :(

Before update 1.27 drop I had a ticket that gave me the SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1 but I saved that ticket to after the update and it changed to the Jaguar Vision GT Roadster that was my first car change via a update so I'm just going base off that.

Just hoping for a miracle I guess. :)
I have the fxx k. It wasnt that good for farming tokyo, so I rarely used it. But I think its good for le mans.
But I do have the same problem you have with another car, the pagani huayra. Its the only car i'm missing. And I feel its gonna be really hard to get it.
I read the probability of getting an invite in a 4,5 or 6 star ticket is about 10%. Now divide that by 7 different tickets you have about 1,4% chance of getting a specific ticket. PD could have unlocked the brand invite cars for a few days on christmas. That would have been a good decision, a show of respect for the community. But they just dont want to, even after being criticized. I dont understand why. What do they gain with this?
The brand invite cars are good, but are far from a "must have" when it comes to performance. You can do, pretty much, the same or better with normally buyable cars.
The decision to lock cars behind rng tickets without any other way of getting them is about one the stupidest decisions ever by PD. They could have even been greedy and sell then on the ps store and, I bet, there would have been a lot of players that would buy them that way. They would have, surelly, made money on that, but no... .
PD just defies common sense.

I believe PD should up the quality of the older made tracks. But they are not a Standard Track situation. God knows how bad those PS2 tracks looked back on the PS3 games.

At least this time: we have 36 circuits, only 5 look worse.
  • Bathurst
  • St Croix - actually looks really good with full trees and a nice backdrop. Has low polygon count on the markings.
  • Dragon Trail
  • Le Mans
  • (MAYBE) Brands Hatch?

Last edited:
Sony's CES Press Conference is on January 4th.

They usually have a PlayStation section. Being hardware focused, PSVR2 should be heavily featured. Hopefully this is when we get further info on what 1st Parties are working on. Horizon VR is the only officially announced title so far.

Sony's CES Press Conference is on January 4th.

They usually have a PlayStation section. Being hardware focused, PSVR2 should be heavily featured. Hopefully this is when we get further info on what 1st Parties are working on. Horizon VR is the only officially announced title so far.

PSVR2 was actually in one of the promo slides for their conference so yeah, they're definitely going to touch on it. Maybe if not at CES itself they could have a PSVR2 showcase alongside it or something.

Absolutely. Couldn't care less about the graphical difference of tracks.
Agree. Waaayyyy down list of priorities imo. I wouldn't even notice/be aware of all of this tree stuff, Low res talk if I hadn't read it on here. Each ti their own though, people find/notice different issues I guess.

I couldn't care less about photo modes or stuff like that. Obviously others do enjoy/care about it.

Last edited:
Back