Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,432 comments
Only if you stop , as i said before most people go over 300km/h and barely notice 😜
That's not a excuse , just stated the obvious 😅

and it is only that part of the track that is unfinished?

Gran-Turismo-7-20221228173151.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20221228173136.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20221228172836.png

154-1547480_transparent-anime-hand-png-holding-hands-up-meme.png

I was gonna post the same thing le man is so bad that you don't need to be stop to see you can also see it going 300km/h. Some just like to pretend its not there which is sad since ignoring the problem isn't gonna fix it.
Thing is i would love if they fixed it since i love Le mans track but this is PD we talking about which takes ages to do anything

Hmm interesting , honestly i never noticed that and i play almost everyday on that track with roof camera 👀
Its good for you that you don't notice it so it will not bother you as much as it bothers me. But im a graphic ***** and look for all the details. Also i didn't buy a PS5 just to play on bad looking tracks. This is a mainline GT game running on PS5 which was first announced as a PS5 exclusive. We should not be happy with bad or average looking tracks. PD should set the benchmark and be a industry leader when it comes to things like this.
Thing is i would love if they fixed it since i love Le mans track but this is PD we talking about which takes ages to do anything
You're right, and thats why we need to talk about it more. Because if we don't say nothing than they will just keep doing it and the game will fill with unfinished content.

It's ok, it's not the best because it's uneccessarily restrictive limiting you to selling one of each type of car in any given 24hr period for... Reasons. They giveth and they taketh away.

Earlier games it wasn't perfect, it was a fixed percentage of the cars new value, but you could sell whatever you wanted, when you wanted. From a purely gameplay point of view, there's very little wrong with that. If they wanted to make it a really good system, you should be able to buy and sell what you want, when you want, but the sale value of a car should alter depending on how many of that model are being sold. Hagerty cars should be able to be sold for pretty much what the current Hagerty value for that model is adjusted for any mileage you've put on it. But it's not, for.... More reasons.

But this would add something of a layer of stratergy in buying the LCD cars, do you but this car on the basis it's value may increase int he coming months and sell it for more than you paid? That'd be a cool extra dimension, but nope... Reasons. they can only reflect the real worl value of the cars when you buy them, that's not reflected when you sell them, of course no.

Everything in GT7 is designed to slow down how quickly you can earn Cr without punting for MTX's. I wouldn't mind if the game was F2P or even a budget purchase, but it's not.

But i think its better than i expected, i expected a 25% sale price like previous games, but its more than that for most cars, and they even value if you have parts installed witch previous games didin’t,

Its seems like the value is not the same every day, this is however in my opinion goes more in depth than car selling in previous games minus that you can only sell one of same car per day,

Gt7 is much better now than on launch, cars added in december update was mindblowing,

The pontential is there for gt7, my issues with the game are mostly with their are to few events championchips and even high payout races they needs to be much more,
And roulette ticket the odds for engine swaps and special parts needs to be fixed, beside that this is an awesome game in my opinion,

I don’t think the game is pay to win either but their needs to be more ways to earn big cash than 4 races we only have the option for at the moment

Last edited:
I find it a bit weird that the European Clubman 600 race at the Nordschleife pays the same as a race at the GP course, with the same number of laps, and with a lower suggested PP. Ah, whatever.

Last edited:
On a different subject is there no way for me to get rip of this x2019 car that pd gave us? I cant sell it and when I try to discard it it says you cant discard a car of which you only have 1. :(

I'm I stuck with this car?

When you pitstop, the tyres put on are shown as the same as the tyres being taken off, not necessarily the tyres you have actually picked. Why? The graphic isn't loaded until after you've picked, so why? I know it's a silly thing, but it niggles me at almost every pitstop
Yeah, and this is also true of the rival cars. And what's more annoying is that you don't even get to see the graphic of the new selection - sometimes you do for a split second - so in the really long races you have no precise info on which to base your own tyre selection strategy.

But i think its better than i expected, i expected a 25% sale price like previous games, but its more than that for most cars, and they even value if you have parts installed witch previous games didin’t,

Its seems like the value is not the same every day, this is however in my opinion goes more in depth than car selling in previous games minus that you can only sell one of same car per day,
Better than expected depends on your expectations I guess, but I do agree with you on that, but mostly beucase I had low expectations for it. It's not terrible, it's ok, but they've still found reason to add arbitrary restrictions to stop people selling too many cars too fast and slow that income generation down.
Gt7 is much better now than on launch, cars added in december update was mindblowing,

The pontential is there for gt7, my issues with the game are mostly with their are to few events championchips and even high payout races they needs to be much more,
And roulette ticket the odds for engine swaps and special parts needs to be fixed, beside that this is an awesome game in my opinion,
It is much better but it's still far from great, at least in my humble opinion. My personal feelings towards the game are that it holds the potential to be the best GT to date, but it doesn't live up to that potential due to the way the games economy and career are structured.
I don’t think the game is pay to win either but their needs to be more ways to earn big cash than 4 races we only have the option for at the moment
No it's not pay to win, but it's far more on it's way to that kind of model than a premium title ought to be. You have the heavy grind, slow Cr rate, super expensive cars, generally poor rewards for events and tickets and one sided LCD pricing to reflect realism which doesn't extend to when you sell those same cars. You also have the FOMO elements with the invitation cars you can only buy whne you win an invitation and the super long waits of 3 months or more in some cases before the car you want will show up in the LCD or UCD again, all the while being reminded once it's there you can buy Cr with real money if times running out and you can't afford it.

The games not terrible, but the choices made in important areas stop it from being the best in the series and instead make a dissapointing title that doesn't fulfill the obvious potential it has.

On a different subject is there no way for me to get rip of this x2019 car that pd gave us? I cant sell it and when I try to discard it it says you cant discard a car of which you only have 1. :(

You can sell it. I did sell mine

Le Mans greets you with a low quality texture in the pit lane right in the opening cutscene. Come on guys.
I swear that blurry pitlane looked better at launch than it does now.
Are we now implying that the warehouses in the suburbs of Le Mans would be picturesque if PD had put more work into them?
Given the work PD did to pretty up the trackside buildings and landscape around Kyoto Driving Park, yes?

Same. I sold my X2019 from the Mission and can’t sell my 25th Ann. Doesn’t show in the Appraisal.

Its good for you that you don't notice it so it will not bother you as much as it bothers me. But im a graphic ***** and look for all the details. Also i didn't buy a PS5 just to play on bad looking tracks. This is a mainline GT game running on PS5 which was first announced as a PS5 exclusive. We should not be happy with bad or average looking tracks. PD should set the benchmark and be a industry leader when it comes to things like this.

You're right, and thats why we need to talk about it more. Because if we don't say nothing than they will just keep doing it and the game will fill with unfinished content.
calm down now. Sony was lying when they said it was a PS5 exclusive. It's pretty clearly a PS4 game running on the GT Sport engine. It fits right in with the second GTs of every other generation.

Tracks like Le Mans are from GTS early days. If they were made today, of course they would look better.

Imagine a game that is patched for PS5, with a new client. That is GT7. It's not in the PS5 gen just yet

Last edited:
Yeah, and this is also true of the rival cars. And what's more annoying is that you don't even get to see the graphic of the new selection - sometimes you do for a split second - so in the really long races you have no precise info on which to base your own tyre selection strategy.
Also, unless the rival pitting is top few or around your position, you never see the brief flash of what they're fitting anyway. Mind you, I'm not sure how much help it would be. As long as you're wearing your brave pants, you can out-drive the AI using IMs in any weather, even if they are using full wets.

Random question, but does anyone know either what shade of Blue is used, or a comparable shade the AMG Black Falcon livery uses? I'd like to make a matching car for the Gr. 4 version, but the exact one doesn't seem to be present when I look in the manufacturer colours section.

One graphics improvement I'd like to see in maybe GT8 or an hypothetical PS5-only GT7 Spec 2 is raytraced shadows. It's a cheaper effect than RT reflections, which will probably remain replay-only for the entire gen, but the difference it would make for the game's visuals would be fantastic. No more aliased shadows, no more obvious breakup some meters away from the camera when the game switches shadow quality, and better coverage in regards to which objects cast shadows and which don't.

The only caveat is that doing it at native 4K 60FPS might prove impossible on the PS5. GTAV for example offers RT Shadows and Reflections at 4K30FPS or only RT Shadows at 1440p 60FPS. With every developer out there offering different graphics modes Polyphony could maybe compromise and offer their usual high res 60FPS mode and maybe a lower res RT mode.

calm down now. Sony was lying when they said it was a PS5 exclusive. It's pretty clearly a PS4 game running on the GT Sport engine. It fits right in with the second GTs of every other generation.

Tracks like Le Mans are from GTS early days. If they were made today, of course they would look better.

Imagine a game that is patched for PS5, with a new client. That is GT7. It's not in the PS5 gen just yet
From this perspective, given the release dates compared to hardware generations for the last three games it's about 50/50 that the PS6 will be out before we get the first "PS5 gen" game.

Enviroments in gt7 are not in top class but i feel its good enough for me, the car models however is class leading, in gt7 it looks even better in gt sport, Forza has a bit better enviroments but can’t match the car quality of gran turismo witch is more important to me,

From what i could gather i looked in GT Sport video when the Le Mans came in 2018 and from there i noticed that it got the same unfinished parts but there were few cars and trucks added in

Last edited:
That’s true. 1.5-3 games/versions/prologues/one-offs per console, is the rule… ain’t it?:lol::sly:;)
I was thinking mostly that GT6, the second PS3 game, launched about a month after the PS4. GT7, the "second" PS4 game, launched 2 and change years after the PS5.

Given that the hardware cycle tends to be 6-7 years, PS6 is probably somewhere around mid-2027. And given that Polyphony takes 4-5 years to build a game, we're looking at the "first" purely PS5 game somewhere near the end of the hardware cycle (~2026) and a "second" purely PS5 game around 2030, right in the middle of the PS6 lifecycle if Polyphony doesn't have any delays or anything.

Polyphony either have to pick up the pace or we all have to get over the idea that they're capable of two full releases per hardware cycle. I'd say that they'd be better releasing the framework of a Gran Turismo game early in the hardware lifecycle and developing that through the live service model, but we've seen with GT7 how that's never going to work.

I was thinking mostly that GT6, the second PS3 game, launched about a month after the PS4. GT7, the "second" PS4 game, launched 2 and change years after the PS5.

Given that the hardware cycle tends to be 6-7 years, PS6 is probably somewhere around mid-2027. And given that Polyphony takes 4-5 years to build a game, we're looking at the "first" purely PS5 game somewhere near the end of the hardware cycle (~2026) and a "second" purely PS5 game around 2030, right in the middle of the PS6 lifecycle if Polyphony doesn't have any delays or anything.

Polyphony either have to pick up the pace or we all have to get over the idea that they're capable of two full releases per hardware cycle. I'd say that they'd be better releasing the framework of a Gran Turismo game early in the hardware lifecycle and developing that through the live service model, but we've seen with GT7 how that's never going to work.

That's assuming upper management does not change, and they continue to receive funding.

Welp, I guess its time to see just how fast this thing can go :lol:

View attachment 1219077
I need to see the specs sheet with that thing installed. While you're at it, post it here too:

Last edited:
Back