Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,754 comments
Huh? Did you know that Assetto Corsa Evo, the game with less budget that GT7 will have a better car list already? Or Crew Motorfest? Or even Forza Motorsport? Or many other simracing games?

GT7 is a game on how to maximize profit and minimize efforts.
Even though it seems to be untrue as the cars for Assetto Corsa Evo are for the most part unknown as far as I know, how do you define „a better car list“?

With the same level of detail, outside and inside ? (Genuine question)
This is the best part about GT7. I know I´m on the minority driving only on PSVR2, but once you go that route the entire "game" changes. You don´t need "all cars" being just "models" to play on cheat cam ... now you have A LOT or cars to enjoy being there.
And the level of detail is ridiculous.
That´s the key point of GT7 and the time it takes to model new cars. Most players can´t enjoy "being there driving" because of the lack of VR and the limitations of flat screen.

They want the VR compatibility on day one. The founder of Kunos Simulazioni announced that during an interview with the italian gaming website multiplayer_it one week ago.
Well, still not sure when is coming to console and if is going to support psvr2 on ps5. nd of course if the quality of the psvr2 version is going to be good or not. I mean, everything still quite unclear.

Huh? Did you know that Assetto Corsa Evo, the game with less budget that GT7 will have a better car list already? Or Crew Motorfest? Or even Forza Motorsport? Or many other simracing games?

If adding a Suzuki Jimny for free that lots of people aren't going to give a damn about is maximizing profits, then I don't know how money works. And I don't even want to go into the logic that is implied that Forza is somehow more virtuous than Gran Turismo

Rockstar once famously bragged about swinging horse testicle in Red Dead Redemption II. I think of that anytime people talk "detailed", graphical detailing has not - and never will - replace actual gameplay.

If I was wrong, The Order 1886 would be considered amongst the greatest games of all time.
God, don't give PD ideas! :lol:

I think you've made an unfortunate choice in your line of argument. You can say GT7 is aiming for maximum profits from minimum efforts, but the car list is not helpful evidence for that point. PD has put a tremendous amount of resources into licensing, scanning, modelling and retaining a fairly wide selection of cars: the 500 premium cars available now (and a few hundred others in the shed) were modelled for GTHD, 5P, 5, 6 and 7 over the last nineteen years, and represent over two centuries of working hours. A few million ¥ was spent on making sure the deep-cut Maserati Merak has accurate seats and dashboard carpet!

On the other side, and much less impressively, not even a tenth of that effort goes into making sure there are a good amount of interesting race events, or ensuring that the in-game economy isn't so unbalanced that repeating the same four race events 120 times each will earn you all the game's cars 30 times faster than playing Sport mode.

If there were 40 effort points to spend when making GT7: 10, 10, 10, 9, 1
chart.png
[/I]

Last edited:
Rockstar once famously bragged about swinging horse testicle in Red Dead Redemption II. I think of that anytime people talk "detailed", graphical detailing has not - and never will - replace actual gameplay.

If I was wrong, The Order 1886 would be considered amongst the greatest games of all time.
God, don't give PD ideas! :lol:
Didn't PD do something similar regarding sky mapping in GT6?

I think you've made an unfortunate choice in your line of argument. You can say GT7 is aiming for maximum profits from minimum efforts, but the car list is not helpful evidence for that point. PD has put a tremendous amount of resources into licensing, scanning, modelling and retaining a fairly wide selection of cars: the 500 premium cars available now (and a few hundred others in the shed) were modelled for GTHD, 5P, 5, 6 and 7 over the last nineteen years, and represent over two centuries of working hours. A few million ¥ was spent on making sure the deep-cut Maserati Merak has accurate seats and dashboard carpet!

On the other side, and much less impressively, not even a tenth of that effort goes into making sure there are a good amount of interesting race events, or ensuring that the in-game economy isn't so unbalanced that repeating the same four race events 120 times each will earn you all the game's cars 30 times faster than playing Sport mode.

If there were 40 effort points to spend when making GT7: 10, 10, 10, 9, 1View attachment 1368526[/I]
Ah, yes ~70 useless VGT cars and a bunch of fictional Gr.4 non-sense. That's what a call quality indeed!

Pardon my simple nature but... Gravity maybe?

Edit: that'll teach me to read the last comment first.
I'm thinking the longitudinal g-force from the hill pushes the car to do so and since it gets better acceleration it pushes the engine. I could be wrong. In other games when going downhills at max speed. it tends to over-rev to a few KPH / MPH more if I recall correctly.

Especially FH5, it tends to go bypass max speed by 15 KPH/ 9-10 MPH or maybe even more when going down places like the Danger Sign near the Gran Telescopio.

Pardon my simple nature but... Gravity maybe?
Okay, let me break this down by demonstrating the issue through a comprehensible example:

Take a completely standard 1971 Ford Mustang Mach I to the American Clubman Cup 700 race at Special Stage Route X. This car, at standard specifications, has extremely short gear ratios for the 300 horsepower it has. It'll max out its gears at just 190 km/h.

When you've started the race, you are going to accelerate until you reach 190 km/h and keep this speed until you get to the incline up the bridge at about the 3 km mark. There, your speed is going to drop down a bit until you've reached the highest point of the bridge at the 5 km mark. Then you'll start going downhill, which will speed the car up to 192 km/h until you've reached the base of the bridge again. Then finally, your speed will drop down to 190 km/h again. The car has been in its highest gear with full throttle applied all the while.

Can you see the issue here? The gearbox is actually capable of handling 192 km/h, but for some reason it wouldn't do that on a level road. Why? My top speed in this scenario is certainly not limited by a lack of power, meaning that going downhill shouldn't be necessary to max out the gearbox. In fact this car will easily exceed 250 km/h after installing only a fully customizable gearbox, so how come I need to be going downhill to get those extra 2 km/h out of it?

Also now that I think about it, the fact that I lost speed going uphill doesn't make sense either. That too suggests that my top speed is limited due to a lack of power, which is provably not the case with this car.

Last edited:
I woner if we'll get more roadsters... as a psvr2 player,it'll be awesome!!!
I've been needing a few more of those for my Spider & Roadster event in a custom career mode lol. Something like a BMW Z4, Audi TT, Fiat 124 or Toyota MR-S. The Honda S2000 is a convertible but I don't think the roof can go down, like quite a few of them.

Main issue at the moment is with the convertibles we already have there are quite sizable performance gaps. A Mazda Roadster going against a BMW Z8 for example, and the S2000 slotting in the middle. Plus a handful of kei car convertibles too which are completely outmatched.
Not enough natural rivals at the moment.

IMG_4554.jpeg

IMG_4559.jpeg

IMG_4556.jpeg

IMG_4557.jpeg

IMG_4558.jpeg

IMG_4555.jpeg

Last edited:
Ah, yes ~70 useless VGT cars and a bunch of fictional Gr.4 non-sense. That's what a call quality indeed!
there are races where you need to use VGT cars so they are hardly "useless" and most of them can be used for easy grinding
imho i like the fictional race cars because you wont find them in other games , if you want real life accurate series then find something else to play ;)

Last edited:
I've been needing a few more of those for my Spider & Roadster event in a custom career mode lol. Something like a BMW Z4, Audi TT, Fiat 124 or Toyota MR-S. The Honda S2000 is a convertible but I don't think the roof can go down, like quite a few of them.

Main issue at the moment is with the convertibles we already have there are quite sizable performance gaps. A Mazda Roadster going against a BMW Z8 for example, and the S2000 slotting in the middle. Plus a handful of kei car convertibles too which are completely outmatched.
Not enough natural rivals at the moment.

Didn’t we have the SL convertibles in GT6->older GTs? Plus the Ferrari California.

A thought I've had - and I'm not saying this as a defence of the linearity of the café just to be clear - is that there's a bit of a chicken-or-egg situation happening with the car roster where as the breadth and depth in the roster increases, so does the ability of both PD and others to make a great career mode.

Custom career modes or alternative GT modes are growing in popularity now - even I've drawn one up! - but I think a lot of why that's happening is the extra routing or extra grid variety afforded by the 58 road cars we've gotten in updates, and I'd say that almost goes more for the ones that extend existing car families. It's why GT4's GT mode is the standard bearer and not GT3's - varied careers have way more replayability when you have more options to try and more routes to choose from rather than being forced to use the one Yaris in the game for multiple Yaris events.

Back