Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,218 comments
We are at least trying to be realistic. And you know that is going to be cross gen ahah
Like John Snow, I know nothing. But until then I am happy with the current qualities of GT7 and I hope that, with time, a lot of things will be improved (and that we will have nice content too). GT8 can be in 5 or 10 years, I don't mind.

If PS6 is late 2028 as expected then there's no chance that either GT7 or GT8 isn't PS5 only at least for a bit imo.
Well i want to remember you that gt6 has been announced 6 months before release and has been released with a new hardware already out. And in that case they are just going to make an upgraded version for ps6. I mean everything can happen. PD, as we know, are really unpredictable

Hard to tell when GT8 comes out. There are reasons to believe it’s still years off, but also that it’s coming sooner than we think.

The fact that they have figured out long term support, but not long term monetization leads me to believe that a more service oriented sequel might be like a year out.

Modern day Sony must love GT’s player retention, but hate the fact that they can’t turn it into good old cash beyond the initial sale.

We’ll see.

Last edited:
Hard to tell when GT8 comes out. There are reasons to believe it’s still years off and that it’s coming sooner than we think.

The fact that they have figured out long term support, but not long rearm monetization leads me to believe that a more service oriented sequel might be like a year out.

Modern day Sony must love GT’s player retention, but hate the fact that they can’t turn it into good old cash beyond the initial sale.

We’ll see.
Yep, monetization wise is worse gaas ever ahaha so much content and all free. That’s so weird and i am not that sure that are happy inside sony. But to change it u neees to completely change the structure of the game itself

Last edited:
I think we get gt8 for 2027, reveal maybe by the end of next year.
And pd has really done their work so car assets dosent need to be remodeled witch would save time. Its takes time to build up thst car list but once we get there it will be worth it to have that high quality for each model.

I don't think GT8 will go full service model. Sony seem to have realised during the aborted The Last of Us Online development that letting their core, 10m+ selling studios - Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, Insomniac, Santa Monica, Sucker Punch - do what they do best is better for their brand even if the revenue ceiling is lower, and instead leaving the live service stuff to studios they've bought for that purpose like Bungie, Haven and Firewalk, or to studios they contract IP out to like Arrowhead.

Polyphony have been doing some form of "constant updates adding content but not seasonal live service/constant monetisation" since GT5 Prologue now, it's clearly how they want to work so unless they get mandated to change or their games stop selling then I don't think they will.

I don't think GT8 will go full service model. Sony seem to have realised during the aborted The Last of Us Online development that letting their core, 10m+ selling studios - Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, Insomniac, Santa Monica, Sucker Punch - do what they do best is better for their brand even if the revenue ceiling is lower, and instead leaving the live service stuff to studios they've bought for that purpose like Bungie, Haven and Firewalk, or to studios they contract IP out to like Arrowhead.

Polyphony have been doing some form of "constant updates adding content but not seasonal live service/constant monetisation" since GT5 Prologue now, it's clearly how they want to work so unless they get mandated to change or their games stop selling then I don't think they will.

Yeah, but GT lends itself much better to the gaas concept than the other games / studios do.

In fact one could argue that PD already put gaas effort into it, but don’t pull gaas money out of it.

I don’t think the next GT will be a full blown f2p gaas hell, but I do think it will be more service oriented.

I like your option 2 but I'd prefer it to be PS6 exclusive, to maximize its potential.
But theoretically, what extra potential would it actually have compared to a cross-gen GT8 (for PS5 and 6)? Would it even be worth of putting aside any non-PS6 users?

Let's be honest, if PD made GT8 just as an improved version of GT7, with all the issues solved, and more content (cars, tracks, events), people would be happy. :lol:

Yep, I think they gonna pull up another year of constant and frequent support with new content coming (cars, tracks, features, etc.) so I think 2025 will be the last relevant year of GT7 life. From 2026 and onwards it will be mostly bugfixes and stability tweaks with maybe a couple of Vision cars until GT8 release. Do you agree?
I agree that more content is going to come for the rest of the year and 2025, can't say I fully agree on them stopping after that though as I don't know what their plan is. Sure, you can look at GTSport as a reference for what their plans are, but GT Sport's and GT7's content release cycles and output have been different from each other. PD might extend it to 2026 for all I know.

Let's be honest, if PD made GT8 just as an improved version of GT7, with all the issues solved, and more content (cars, tracks, events), people would be happy. :lol:
Would be enough for me.

But I won't buy a PS6 if there is not a good gap that justifies upgrading.

A GT7 with Sophy as default AI and more variation than starting last and having to catch AI n°1, a game economy that is more fair to the player, prizes that are higher and related to each event difficulty, not the arbitrary random we currently have with 3 outliers, a collector level that continues to grow, and the tickets stats that continue improving with it (enough of the 3* giving change), I dont' ask for more. Oh and if in custom races we could select the opponents and apply various liveries without having to have multiple copies of the cars we want to include in various liveries...

And if we could add AI opponents in lobbies to have full grids when racing with a bunch of friends.

And share the custom events, car tunings, like we share liveries, that'd be great.

And the ability to create custom championships, that we can use in lobbies too.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back