Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,975 comments
I'm happy with Eiger. Never played any of the PS3 GT games so kind of a new track for me :D

My only remaining nitpick is GT7 still doesn't have its own original road track. I get that internally PD probably views Sport as a sort of prologue to GT7 so the GT Sport original tracks are the "GT7" original tracks but c'mon just a single one pls. At least with Lake Louise there's literally anything but deep down we all know it doesn't really count.

My 2 cent so far

I love the new cars , more cars the better

New tracks always welcome, sadly tho even tho I couldn't quite remember Eiger from past GTs .... 3 or 4 laps in and it feels like 300 to 400 laps . Lost intrest awfully fast
It's new but it's old 😕 not a great deal too it so that's a shame but probably just me expecting more .

New physics ... some cars feel way better , MR cars however the back tries to overtake the front on braking or even down shifting!!! Kinda true to life but not so much that a super car would be slower than a hot hatch because of it .
I can see them dailing it in over time and iron out the odd quirk but overall very happy with that .

The best part of the update for me... the new wheels lol
Love em , didn't even know I was missing a boost in that field but it's very satisfying addition.

Over all great update well done PH
Sadly tho for all this extra content .... its added little to the game .
Infact it's miles of the mark

I'm not even going to bother with any of the new races.

Tomorrow instead ill whack on my vr head set , shot Spotify on my ps5 and race SPA touring car 800 60 mins 1 million credits
Like I do most nights

It's the best race in the game .
Simply can't bring myself to race 30min la sarthe or sardegna any more . I'll frankly go insane if I try

How much content cars tracks n races is there ... yet the game boils down too 3 or 4 races your doomed to repeat

Saddest part of it is vs the coding and work all new cars and new tracks that must be a massive task ... Simply adding some new race would be a walk in the park .

Nurburgring 1hour 1 million
Dayton 1hour 1 million
Suzuka 1hour 1 million
Fuji 1 hour 1 million
Mount panorama 1hour 1 million

A staff intern with a lap top could add it to the game late one Friday night whilst the rest of the team had a month off

🥺

Maybe I should have expected a snow rally track and a short tarmac rally stage back to back. Stupid me.

;)
See, I'd say you're doing it again here. It's not just a "Short tarmac rally stage" - you're putting it down because you don't like it.

It's a track you can race on, a legacy track that is quite overwhelmingly liked, and fills a void for shorter tracks suited for low powered machinery that is present in the game with the lack of club circuits and the loss of tracks like Autumn Ring.

You can not like it, that's fair, but we both know it's more than a waste of resources and we both know it's more than a rally stage.

Lake Louise can pound sand though.

New Weekly Challenge Special Event is a Lamborghini Gallardo one-make, and I was surprised to see one of the opponent cars seems to take inspiration from the Blancpain Racing Gallardo of early 2010's GT3 racing.

IMG_4772.jpeg

IMG_4771.jpeg

Yeah I saw that on the entry screen. PD put such thought into some faux liveries and others they throw stickers on to say they did.

I'm not a very professional driver. But I felt that it was dangerous when entering the corners, but the corner exits were very good.

The more I play with these new physics The more it seems like they took one step forward while taking one step backwards accidentally with whatever coding changes they did that ended up breaking a few aspects. It's kinda funny to see some cars uncontrollably buck and bunny hop on standing launches. 🤣

You have to consider that fictional circuits don’t require a licensing bill to be paid. The game is more than two years old and doesn’t generate direct income from post-release content.
But you also have to consider that creating something fictional from scratch would take longer to build than a real one or something without reference, mostly due to conceptualization and feasibility.

On the other side, I don't remember hearing that city tracks take longer to build than any real or fictional circuits. I mean, if they can get reference like that for Eiger Nordwand, they could try for city tracks like NYC, Paris, Hong Kong, metropolitan Tokyo, etc.

The more I play with these new physics The more it seems like they took one step forward while taking one step backwards accidentally with whatever coding changes they did that ended up breaking a few aspects. It's kinda funny to see some cars uncontrollably buck and bunny hop on standing launches. 🤣
I raced on the new road yesterday. Before the final corner the car slides with a steady rise. I didn't understand why. There was a real sense of bounce as I exited the race and slowly passed. If I drive too slowly, the steering wheel vibrates a little. Has anyone happened to you?

1721972879908.png

One thing I will say about the changes to the track - I don't think they thought too hard about where the pit entry is on the reverse layout.

If you misjudge turn 3 on that layout slightly and overcook it, you are heading into the pits whether you like it or not, and also probably picking up a crossing the pit line penalty.

Went to buy two Ford Mustang GT350Rs and noticed its also sporting some Michelins (Pilot Sport Cup R2s to be precise). Now I am curious how many road cars have such specific tire model branding.

Last edited:
It's a shame that we don't have Grand Valley, just some miserable dust bowl that happens to share the same name.
that's one way to look at it.

Another way to look at it would be the most scenic "real road" kind of circuit in the game, where you can spend hours in replay and photo mode, while still being amazing to drive due to its flowy layout and fun elevation changes.

I understand that others aren't, but I'm happy that GT7 isn't just GT4 in 4K.

Last edited:

Another way to look at it would be the most scenic "real road" kind of circuit in the game, where you can spend hours in replay and photo mode, while still being amazing to drive due to its flowy layout and fun elevation changes.

You could see it that way, if it wasn't an awful track. It's just Willow springs with a bit of coastline.

Hours in replays would involve having to race on it, which I refuse to do.

Grand Valley is not very scenic. PD put minimum effort into making the new environment look good. It’s super detailed below the long bridge, which you don’t really see in gameplay, and everything else there looks like a mildly polished course maker map. It needs more than a coastline to be scenic.

Eiger looks much better, although it also lacks polish in some areas.

Last edited:
Hello folks,

I´m new in this forum. I would like to get your impressions on the new tire wear adjustments. Well, I´m not really happy. Did a test race on Sunday at Autopolis (Manu Cup) with the Ferrari GT3. No issues with the soft tires. Good lap times, tires last for the 10 laps race. Now after the update it is impossible to bring the car over the finish line. My tires are totally dead after seven laps. Anybody with the same problem? Anyway, other cars might have not a problem. I guy with a NSX had the same lap times in training and quali. However, he finished 14 sec in front of me. I was on mediums (because not possible for me to use soft as mentioned), he on soft. So it seems that the physics of the NSX can manage the tires better....no idea. Did´t try another car yet.

Back