Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,101 comments
In a dummy term since I don't have driving skills here, it feels like the oversteer and understeer feels.... less scripted?

I'm using a controller though.

Last edited:
Found something at the top of one of the mountains:

View attachment 1375360
View attachment 1375361

Guessing it's a ski lodge, although the top dome part looks a bit like an observatory.
That's probably where my dream about Eiger Nordwand's Scaling with Quizzes allowing to climb more would've taken me! 🤣
(Refer to one of my not much older posts in that thread for that weird dream experience I've had while sleeping.)

Something tells me the Genesis Gr. 1's wheelspin even on third gear is absolutely poisonous, and that it's too fast that its brakes can't keep up. It's quite scary to drive, honestly, but it's a wild and wicked ride, and especially when you unleash all 1,540hp of it.

On the other hand, I tried out the Gallardo and did a 6:47.607 on the Nurburgring (stock with Racing: Soft tires).

Glad my worst fears of forced tire branding with racing tires on road cars didn't come true.

Last edited:
Something tells me the Genesis Gr. 1's wheelspin even on third gear is absolutely poisonous, and that it's too fast that its brakes can't keep up. It's quite scary to drive, honestly, but it's a wild and wicked ride, and especially when you unleash all 1,540hp of it. Makes it the most monstrous Gr. 1, even beyond the GTP/C cars.
While its cool but for me its more difficult to drive than the Bugatti VGT non Gr.1 that at least have very effective brakes :D

maybe in Gr.1 BOP might be better but its nowhere near Mazda LM55 Gr.1 good

Last edited:
Um, guys:

Alright, new update with New physics...new problems? Anyhow, you know the drill. Just remember to keep some things in the following threads of the OP:
Did I do that.gif

I'm torn on the new physics. In some ways I prefer the way the cars feel. I wouldn't say it feels "faster"... it's certainly grippier around corners.

On the other hand, it's introduced a whole load of weirdness I'm not happy about. Curbs now send you flying around all over the place. Depending on the car, you can be randomly pulled to the left or right and recovering from losing traction is much harder (even the AI seem to struggle).

Something just feels "off". I wonder if there's too much grip now.

This might be an unpopular opinion but I don't think massive physics overhauls are really a good idea so far in to the game's life. Especially when so much of the GT experience revolves around tuning and each new physics update renders those tunes useless. The game now refuses to calculate the PP of several of my cars (all American muscle cars, curiously) making them unusable.

I welcome small, incremental improvements. And certainly early on in the game's lifespan big physics updates are inevitable. But two years in? It's pretty much inevitable that bugs are going to be introduced. I would have preferred if they waited until GT8 to implement this physics overhaul - which would give them enough time to comprehensively beta test.

The GT7’s version of Eiger Nordwand looks like a beta version of GT5’s Eiger Nordwand. It’s flat, lacks geometry, vegetation, there are almost no spectators. Remember the amount of spectators waving various flags in GT5 Prologue??
Were you driving it in time trial? Because all circuits have reduced spectators & trackside props e.g. advertising boards in that mode, compared to career mode events.

Could be the case, but it shouldn’t look like that in time trial either, just try it.
I have, and to me it looks fine. The reason they change the number of spectators and props depending on the mode is because almost no one would show up to watch a private time trial session in real life, compared to an actual race event. So the track reflects that. Crowds tend to be at their largest in the WTC type of events.

You did also describe the circuit as "flat" which is uh... an interesting take. The jump was flattened but besides that it's pretty similar.

Last edited:
The GT7’s version of Eiger Nordwand looks like a beta version of GT5’s Eiger Nordwand. It’s flat, lacks geometry, vegetation, there are almost no spectators. Remember the amount of spectators waving various flags in GT5 Prologue??
it looks nice but I expected more to be honest. By far not one of my favorite tracks in this game.
I just had a very tiny amount of time to test it so far, I just wondered that the track isn’t really dark in its „night“ setting.

I think it sucks completely and it saddens me to know that they put resources and effort towards building this that would have been better spend crafting literally any other track - original or real world.

Knowing that it will probably be around 6 months till the next track is depressing 😂😂😂

it looks nice but I expected more to be honest. By far not one of my favorite tracks in this game.
I just had a very tiny amount of time to test it so far, I just wondered that the track isn’t really dark in its „night“ setting.
If you set time lapse to go fast, It'll go further dark like Lake Louise which goes to a max of midnight but no loop if you set the time to pass a lot although I'm not sure if it'll be super dark like Lake Louise or if it'll be a Redbull Ring kind of night where it's still not really dark.

The only bad thing I can say about the Eiger-Track is, that it is much, much too short...I could drive that for hours(and kinda did already... ;))

But I prefer the reverse version because it gives me that hillclimb feeling...

And on my PS4 it looks stunning...

Last edited:
Fair enough that you don’t like it, but you don’t really seem to appreciate the reason why it deserved a remaster. You can almost say that Eiger marked Gran Turismo’s transition from retro gaming to high definition.

While I acknowledge the historical relevance for GT - this still doesn’t make it a good track.

I think it would go down better if it wasn’t released after 2 tracks that are also not really liked.
If this had come out between Watkins Glenn and Atlanta it would just have been a weird nostalgic thing and that’s it.

The last “real” race track came out in November 2022. 🥺

While I acknowledge the historical relevance for GT - this still doesn’t make it a good track.

I think it would go down better if it wasn’t released after 2 tracks that are also not really liked.
If this had come out between Watkins Glenn and Atlanta it would just have been a weird nostalgic thing and that’s it.

Grand Valley is extremely liked, despite some disdain about its relocation the track layout itself remains quite well liked, and to be frank I've only really seen you moaning about how much Eiger sucks.

I don't know, I've said it before to someone, maybe not you but this is Gran Turismo we're both playing. Fantasy tracks are its bread and butter. Sometimes I think it is important to reassess ones expectations and determine if they are in line with reality.

I prefer Grand Valley Highway to the old Grand Valley Speedway. The scenery is breathtaking and the elevation changes make it more interesting to drive imo.

If you want the vibe of the original Grand Valley, Autopolis is very reminiscent of it. Especially the sweeping bend at the end with large curved spectator stand on your left - it's got to be the inspiration for the original GVS.

I get it as well, without starting a meltdown in this thread. If a legacy track like Mid-field or Apricot Hill were added and then Eiger Nordwand, Eiger could have been more of a short filler until a possible next track.
Well we have Eiger now and I wasn’t and am not excited about it either. However, I see it as another track I can use or not use. Doesn’t take away my joy of the game.

What a great Circuit ! tried running classics in "custom races" & a mixed field, makes it great for backmarker action being a nice & short track with some, taking the hills better than others, maybe fit the odd rubbish tyres on the bigger cars.........more blue & yellow flags than a Ukraine convention 🌝

edit - I'm in the grey/red Alfa in 12th position moving over to let the lead car/ Ferrari through & the little Porsche 356 in 13th position (my normal drive) slips through too....Great A1...........but the cheek of it !

1721945349477.png

Last edited:
Grand Valley is extremely liked, despite some disdain about its relocation the track layout itself remains quite well liked, and to be frank I've only really seen you moaning about how much Eiger sucks.

I don't know, I've said it before to someone, maybe not you but this is Gran Turismo we're both playing. Fantasy tracks are its bread and butter. Sometimes I think it is important to reassess ones expectations and determine if they are in line with reality.

I don’t have a problem with phantasy tracks. There are good ones.
Expecting another good and seems in line with reality to me, but what do I know.

Maybe I should have expected a snow rally track and a short tarmac rally stage back to back. Stupid me.

;)

Good night gang.

The new physics are great.

I acknowledged that in the first sentence.
Also not really liked? Eiger appears to be generally liked. Grand Valley seems to appeal to those who weren’t overly bothered by the change of setting. Lake Louise offered something different, and reception was mixed.
It’s not weird nostalgia. It’s still a fun track for those who get it. Also, you seem to imply that everyone likes Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta just because they actually exist. That’s not the case.
You have to consider that fictional circuits don’t require a licensing bill to be paid. The game is more than two years old and doesn’t generate direct income from post-release content.

Back