Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
Could this mean collector level is going up?
View attachment 1374955
I would love that but apparently they write it like that all the time, without any change coming. Collector level should continue to improve at least to the extent of a 100% car collection (would be ~ level 500) and the tickets stats should improve with it to, as they do until level 20 (and why not at least until level 50???) we should no be getting those lame 3* after level 50.
Made a move last week to ACC and loving it! So nice to do some real racing for once.
Yet you are still lingering around here, but why ?

I hope whoever requested the competitive rework of the Eiger course by converting it from a rally stage to a circuit, widening it, and removing the jump so they can use racing class cars for Sport mode are happy with the change. :dunce:

I'd like it if they'd just provide competition forms of reworked circuits but it's not looking likely with current development processes.

Regardless, I might not be able to enjoy the update as my G29 is failing me. Hopefully it's just the AC brick that is faulty, so it'll be an easy replacement.

Last edited:
It sounds like the Olympic Esports ~~Series~~ Games is here to stay. Whether GT will feature in them again is an open question. I assume it will again be the FIA running any sim racing portion, and they seem to be a lot more into ACC lately.

It sounds like the Olympic Esports ~~Series~~ Games is here to stay. Whether GT will feature in them again is an open question. I assume it will again be the FIA running any sim racing portion, and they seem to be a lot more into ACC lately.

I believe iRacing is in for the next one. Whether that's replacing GT or not I'm not sure, but I would be surprised to see them both in.

I believe iRacing is in for the next one.
That's the FIA Motorsport Games, which has iRacing and ACC for different disciplines.

As far as I'm aware, events for the Olympic Esports Games haven't been determined yet, much less the games for each event.

That's the FIA Motorsport Games, which has iRacing and ACC for different disciplines.

As far as I'm aware, events for the Olympic Esports Games haven't been determined yet, much less the games for each event.
Ahhh interesting, thank you. Cool to see how many officially sanctioned e-sport events by 'real' world companies are popping up now.

I saw iRacing mentioned in a few articles about the Olympic Esports Games, but having done a bit more research now it's just 'speculation' so to speak from an 'insider', so as you say, absolutely nothing concrete yet.

1721881978082.png

Probably my favorite photo from the update article. This photo screams Gran Turismo HD so much and I'm all for it.

View attachment 1375120
Probably my favorite photo from the update article. This photo screams Gran Turismo HD so much and I'm all for it.
It shows you how insane PD are at visuals that GTHD doesn't look light years away from this. It obviously has a lot less fidelity but the colour tone and material work and lighting pushed them so much further than what the PS3 should've been capable of. It came at the cost of performance but those PS3-era GT games had no right running at all.

First image is the thumbnail from this video by Cycu1.

Third image is the thumbnail from this video by 10min Gameplay.

1721883268292.png

1721883282912.png

1721883872236.png

Last edited:
Your mileage will vary depending on your nostalgia for the source material.
My memories of Gran Turismo HD are not good ones.

My hype is still moderate at best.

Hope I’ll eat my words in 3 hrs, but so far every screenshot or new bit of information since yesterday has killed my hype a bit :/

Am I right in thinking that for their brand new circuit, they are only adding two or three new events?

How is not clear that they should be bringing this with every single race type that makes sense...

Just go by the GT League categories and see what fits. A Sunday Cup event, a Historics event, events for FF, FR, MR and RR. Manufacturer events.

You've created a circuit with a pit lane, wouldn't it be great to launch with some events that actually took advantage of the thing it took your devs a long time to bring to life?

It's like every update they say 'look at all this potential, let's do the bare minimum and call it a day'

I've a sneaking suspicion that it'll be that plucky underdog Rennsport.

It shows you how insane PD are at visuals that GTHD doesn't look light years away from this. It obviously has a lot less fidelity but the colour tone and material work and lighting pushed them so much further than what the PS3 should've been capable of. It came at the cost of performance but those PS3-era GT games had no right running at all.

First image is the thumbnail from this video by Cycu1.

Third image is the thumbnail from this video by 10min Gameplay.

View attachment 1375122
Remove the GTHD logo and it would look like a real life footage from the late 90s to me.

Any predictions on Price? Here my rough guesses:

BMW M3 '97: 60,000-70,000
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07: 700,000 (Because Ferrari)
Genesis X Gran Racer Vision Gran Turismo Concept: 1,000,000 (Standard VGT Pricing)
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08: Somewhere in the 600,000 range
RUF RGT 4.2 '16: Maybe in the 300,000 range?
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '98: Somewhere between 600,000-800,000

As I'm still new to the game, I don't expect any of these to be correct but thought I'd have abit of fun while waiting for the update.

Last edited:
The E30s range from 78,000-178,000. E46 and E92 Between 80,000- 100,000. I sure would love it if the E36 were in that 60,000 range. :D

Any predictions on Price? Here my rough guesses:

BMW M3 '97: 60,000-70,000
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07: 700,000 (Because Ferrari)
Genesis X Gran Racer Vision Gran Turismo Concept: 1,000,000 (Standard VGT Pricing)
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08: Somewhere in the 600,000 range
RUF RGT 4.2 '16: Maybe in the 300,000 range?
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '98: Somewhere between 600,000-800,000

As I'm still new to the game, I don't expect any of these to be correct but thought I'd have abit of fun while waiting for the update.

Newer and faster 458 italia cost less than 300 000. I really doubt 430 scuderia will be twice like that
Same with Gallardo. Both will be around 200k

Impreza might be around 1.5m to 2m, but this is an uneducated guess.

Can't wait, I'm quite aggressive when it comes to attacking the corners (or the AI bots).
Welp, that Final Exam on the Normal License is gonna be even more impossible then it already was. Just gonna give up on any hope of golding all of it.

8. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps are now available for the following cars (unlocked at Collector Level 50):
   ・BMW M3 Sport Evolution '89
   ・BMW M3 '97
   ・BMW M3 Coupé '07
   ・BMW M4 Coupé '14
   ・BMW M4 Gr.4
   ・Honda S2000 '99
   ・Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13
   ・Mazda Atenza Sedan XD L Package '15
   ・Mini Cooper S '05
   ・Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31) '87
AAAAA

BoP has changes, but seemingly not hugely. For the rentals, the RX-Vision has lost 5 HP, the Cayman has lost 4 HP and slimmed down by 3kg, and the Gr.B WRX has not been touched.

Back