Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,097 comments
Same here...never understood why Alsace has such a bad reputation...

The reverse version has one of my favorite curves in the whole game!
I think it's a bit nonsensical tbh. The baked corners while fun are a bit stupid. It neither looks like a purpose built track nor a converted road. Rom hack vibes here and there.

Beautiful at night (in VR) though.

PD have gotten better at building that type of track. Sardegna is awesome. Maybe Eiger will be too.

Last edited:
Same here...never understood why Alsace has such a bad reputation...

The reverse version has one of my favorite curves in the whole game!
As someone who didn't really like it until GT7, it's because it felt a bit like it was made in the old course creator (e.g. randomly generated Eifel layout), rather than something more bespoke like Dragon Trail etc.

I think the updated scenery going from Sport to 7 has helped get rid of that feeling for the most part, but the layout itself is still a bit odd.

Last edited:
Speaking of Alsace, anyone who has VR - go to the Test Course in the Radical (other open-top cars also work), and park your car such that you've gone round the right-hander at the start of the Rollercoaster and then just go far enough that you're pointed downhill but haven't actually gone down the drop.

The view you get over the lake is honestly the biggest wow moment I've had with this game.

I think it's a bit nonsensical tbh. The baked corners while fun are a bit stupid. It neither looks like a purpose built track nor a converted road. Rom hack vibes here and there.

Beautiful at night (in VR) though.

PD have gotten better at building that type of track. Sardegna is awesome. Maybe Eiger will be too.
Sorta feels like a mini Nordschleife to me with prettier scenery. I'm one of those people who wishes there were some long point to point roadways without any race track stuff at all in the game and Alsace is one of the tracks that scratches that itch in a small way.

As someone who didn't really like it until GT7, it's because it felt a bit like it was made in the old course creator (e.g. randomly generated Eifel layout), rather than something more bespoke like Dragon Trail etc.
I agree on the course maker vibe, but the track is a fairly accurate depiction of cambered roads in the Vosges Mountains of Alsace, though the circuit is exceptionally wide.

Sorta feels like a mini Nordschleife to me with prettier scenery. I'm one of those people who wishes there were some long point to point roadways without any race track stuff at all in the game and Alsace is one of the tracks that scratches that itch in a small way.
Roads with (almost) nothing of a race track, long enough to resemble point-to-point layouts, curves with quite illogical bankings, but in general realistic scenarios with beautiful surroundings were the characteristics of the “Circuito de la Sierra” and one of my favorites, the forgotten Toscana Tarmac, in GT5-6.

Circuits with scenographies without much embellishment, can be very beautiful and close to reality.

Looks like there's no rally layouts this time around.

Last edited:
IMG_2113.jpeg

‘BOUT DAMN TIME!

Locations of sale for each cars:
  • M3 '97: UCD
  • 430 Scuderia: Brand Central and UCD
  • Genesis X Gran Racer VGT: Brand Central
  • Gallardo: Brand Central and UCD
  • RGT 4.2: Brand Central
Races (curiously no VGT Trophy or Gr.1 Proto Series race for the Genesis X Gran Racer; so it's not going to be in Gr.1 because of it being too OP?):
  • European Sunday Cup 500 at Eiger Nordwand (M3's?)
  • Jimny Cup at Eiger Nordwand
  • World Rally Challenge Gr.B at Eiger Nordwand Reverse (Impreza WRC's)
  • Ferrari Circuit Challenge at Autodromo Nazionale Monza (430's)
  • World Touring Car 600 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta (Gallardo's/RGT's?)

Last edited:
Races (curiously no VGT Trophy or Gr.1 Proto Series race for the Genesis X Gran Racer; so it's not going to be in Gr.1 because of it being too OP?):
  • European Sunday Cup 500 at Eiger Nordwand (M3's?)
  • Jimny Cup at Eiger Nordwand
  • World Rally Challenge Gr.B at Autodromo Nationale Monza (Impreza WRC's)
  • World Touring Car 600 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta (430's/Gallardo's/RGT's?)
PS Blog has this wrong - the update on the GT site has the Gr.B race at Eiger Reverse instead and an additional Ferrari Challenge race at Monza.

I kinda hate they have a McLaren extra menu and you have to have the F1 which coincidentally is a special pick in Legends now. I guess it is what it is.

I thought the RGT 4.2 is only available with a 6-speed MT, but was there actually a PDK version?
i1E0Nd2zfAhsPO.jpg
That's what I was surprised to find out when it was revealed for the update. But like what I've mentioned from the update thread, there are 4 units with a PDK gearbox (One being RHD) according to a listing I found on the Internet.
Screenshot 2024-07-07 184350.png

1721836831064.jpeg

And on the profile post I made, @pez2k gave some info about RUFs having PDKs in general:
Ruf have built quite a few cars with PDKs - many are lower-output turbo cars with the newer direct-injection engine and PDK, but extreme builds like the RGT 4.2 or RtR use the old 997 Turbo engine as a basis, as Ruf have more experience of making it handle high power. Fortunately the 997.2 Turbo had a PDK so it works with the old engine. Ruf had their own paddle-shift back in the 90s too, similar to the Vanquish.

kjb
I kinda hate they have a McLaren extra menu and you have to have the F1 which coincidentally is a special pick in Legends now. I guess it is what it is.
I thought the "Mid-engined Porsche" and "Honda Race Cars" menus were stressful enough, but the McLaren one now takes the cake.

Especially when you consider that the F1 is... well you already know.

This looks to confirm some amount of time change available:

CD8A5662-39E6-4F9A-BAD1-2AAD43F300BE.jpeg

The pit+tunnel will be interesting, I’m still curious how it’s implemented:

507771DE-3701-4A6D-A869-DA1C74507C90.jpeg

4F6C7950-1603-49F6-A168-9599A118D22B.jpeg

A bit disappointed the only expansion to wheel offerings is just the new brand, no additional models from existing brands, but at least it was expanded in the first place.

This looks to confirm some amount of time change available:

View attachment 1375020

The pit+tunnel will be interesting, I’m still curious how it’s implemented:

View attachment 1375021
View attachment 1375019
The more I thought about it, Alsace has the same feel. Just without a tunnel. Thing is, one of the interesting parts of the track will be a cut scene. Just like the literal pit parking lot at Tokyo. We can’t experience manual pit stops.

Back