Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,956 comments
From a banner for an eSports event in Japan

???????????

1721452447682.png

Last edited:
We've officially entered the update week! I know it's highly unlikely but I really hope Eiger has at least a 24h-day cycle and wet weather, the last time we got a track with wet weather and full-day cycle was what? Spa 24h?

From an engagement perspective I wouldn't be shocked if this becomes the norm for how updates are revealed. Especially this year with there being 4 live events to use.

The v1.49 trailer has 400k views now. The next highest, among all Sport/7 update trailers is the Sport v1.31 trailer that clocks in at 230k. So they've almost doubled their peak engagement.

Silhouettes are cool, and I like them, but from a marketing perspective teasing your updates on the personal account of the producer rather than in-game or via official social media is an approach that limits your reach somewhat.

From an engagement perspective I wouldn't be shocked if this becomes the norm for how updates are revealed. Especially this year with there being 4 live events to use.

The v1.49 trailer has 400k views now. The next highest, among all Sport/7 update trailers is the Sport v1.31 trailer that clocks in at 230k. So they've almost doubled their peak engagement.

So what it has more views? Serious question. I think it’s ultimately bad for engagement if there’s a long delay between reveal and release. At the end of the day it’s just another content update and not a landmark moment.

We’ve now waited quite a while since 1.49 was shown in Montreal, and by now I’m feeling almost indifferent to finally have it. I’ll probably enjoy it, but the novelty has faded.

Silhouettes are cool, and I like them, but from a marketing perspective teasing your updates on the personal account of the producer rather than in-game or via official social media is an approach that limits your reach somewhat.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. The silhouettes have usually foreshadowed proper reveals, so it’s not like players had to follow Kaz on X in order to stay informed. The only difference before was that the trailers and release dates were separated by less than 24 hours. Better marketing strategy.

From a banner for an eSports event in Japan

Does anyone know the track? I’m torn between Monza and Spa but they don’t match 100% on either from what I remember

View attachment 1373753

At first I was thinking it could be Imola or something like that but we’re getting a track next week so having another one coming soon doesn’t sound like a PD thing to do

Looks like either Les Combes at Spa or Ascari at Monza...

Something else perhaps clever that they've done. The car count per month has remained at 3, since we skipped a month and are getting 6 cars. In a way it makes it feel bigger while still at the same car output level.
Cars is not just what defines a big update, there is a lot more going on in 1,49 trailer than most updates, 1,49 most likely will be more than twice as big as the standard updates that we get most of the time.

Cars is not just what defines a big update, there is a lot more going on in 1,49 trailer than most updates, 1,49 most likely will be more than twice as big as the standard updates that we get most of the time.
I know I know, this is definitely a bigger update than normal factoring everything in together. I was just pointing out how the normal 3-car trend somewhat continues. Though as @Rossell2 also said, occasionally we do get a car or 2 extra compared to the average.

I know I know, this is definitely a bigger update than normal factoring everything in together. I was just pointing out how the normal 3-car trend somewhat continues. Though as @Rossell2 also said, occasionally we do get a car or 2 extra compared to the average.
And then sometimes we get no monthly updates at all. So it's kinda evens out

So what it has more views? Serious question. I think it’s ultimately bad for engagement if there’s a long delay between reveal and release. At the end of the day it’s just another content update and not a landmark moment.

We’ve now waited quite a while since 1.49 was shown in Montreal, and by now I’m feeling almost indifferent to finally have it. I’ll probably enjoy it, but the novelty has faded.
It's irrelevant what a few dozen active people on a forum think. Sony are interested in the hundreds of thousands (if not millions across all platforms) tuning in to watch these trailers. GTWS looks to be a hugely costly event and E-Sports alone cannot justify this outlay. Sony/PD need to engage the single-player audience and a great way to do this is to tease updates. It's bizarre they moved away from this successful formula after the early GTS days.
I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. The silhouettes have usually foreshadowed proper reveals, so it’s not like players had to follow Kaz on X in order to stay informed. The only difference before was that the trailers and release dates were separated by less than 24 hours. Better marketing strategy.
News & updates should be delivered through the official X account. It also needs to deliver proper consumer feedback rather than just automated marketing beats. It's time to invest in a community manager who can engage with players rather than funding jollies for influencers.

News & updates shpuld be delivered on the daggone official gran-Turismo.com website! Pretty silly it’s the sometimes the last place the news shows up. I mean, as players playing the game and the gran Turismo news accessible in the game, it should appear there first.
Sure, having it on an, ahem, social media site will reach more people in general. Definitely more potential buyers for PlayStation and Gran Turismo plus other games. Let that happen after we, the players actually playing the game get first view.

Silhouettes today

On a more serious note, we still don't actually have the full update details post on the GT website.
Only the trailer and a few lines of text, and not the usual breakdown of additions per topic such as "scapes" & "new events" etc. I mean there's no way that Eiger Nordwand will release without any events, so there's still more to know.

Wonder how long it will be until we get to know that sort of stuff on the website.

Last edited:
Silhouettes today

On a more serious note, we still don't actually have the full update details post on the GT website.
Only the trailer and a few lines of text, and not the usual breakdown of additions per topic such as "scapes" & "new events" etc. I mean there's no way that Eiger Nordwand will release without any events, so there's still more to know.

Wonder how long it will be until we get to know that sort of stuff on the website.
Isn’t it usually the day before (so tomorrow is most likely)? Then, obviously, full patch notes on Thursday morning (or whatever time it is in everyone’s specific time zone)

GTWS looks to be a hugely costly event and E-Sports alone cannot justify this outlay. Sony/PD need to engage the single-player audience and a great way to do this is to tease updates.
I feel that announcing the update at GTWS was a way to increase viewership from both audiences, considering fighting games do character reveals at major FGC events.

Back