Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,956 comments
I’ve had a similar idea before, there could be like a homologation workshop in GT World separate from Brand Central where eligible cars like all the fake Gr. 4/Gr. 3/Gr. B cars can be converted from road car form into race or homologated road car form.
This is something that Project CARS 3 tried to do (which in turn that feature came from the 2 NFS Shift games) and I think it's a pretty good idea, for example you had the Honda NSX road car and then you had the option of converting it into the GT3 version.
Another game with a similar feature was the first The Crew.

Upon further though, I do think that a potential return of the RM mechanic should be reserved for non-grouped race cars, like those based on the aforementioned Mazda Roadster (NA) and the Honda Civic Type R (EK), if only to keep the prices relatively unified. That said, I think this could be a great way for some of the touring car/RM models from the PS3 era to return, like the those based on the third-gen Prius and the CR-Z.

Now, as far as venues that could really use rain, I don't know if I'm missing anything other than Daytona, Watkins Glen, Brands Hatch, Trial Mountain, Tokyo Expressway South, and Interlagos.

I'd say Daytona, Brands Hatch, and Interlagos could especially use it, considering their respective locations, but at the same time, I think it had just rained quite a bit at this year's IMSA round at Watkins Glen, didn't it?

Last edited:
Where are we with the SEMA and Pebble Beach cars? Really miss having those previous SEMA cars in the game
SEMA is complete unless they reintroduce the GT5-6 era cars, which we've had no hints of them doing. Even if they did that I imagine we're never getting Premiums of the HPA Golf R32 or especially the Buick.

Pebble Beach has from the start of the award until 2014, plus the 2017 Barker in the game. These seem to have really long lead times - the 2012-14 winners all took more than half a decade to show up in the series. There's a couple of these that are very unlikely regardless - it's hard to see them put a second 330 P4 in, for instance.

SEMA is complete unless they reintroduce the GT5-6 era cars, which we've had no hints of them doing. Even if they did that I imagine we're never getting Premiums of the HPA Golf R32 or especially the Buick.

Pebble Beach has from the start of the award until 2014, plus the 2017 Barker in the game. These seem to have really long lead times - the 2012-14 winners all took more than half a decade to show up in the series. There's a couple of these that are very unlikely regardless - it's hard to see them put a second 330 P4 in, for instance.
It’s been PD’s MO in GT7 to give nearly two of specific models. I could see the ‘66 330 P4 coming to the series.

Thanks, thought we still had a couple coming

Last edited:
Upon further though, I do think that a potential return of the RM mechanic should be reserved for non-grouped race cars, like those based on the aforementioned Mazda Roadster (NA) and the Honda Civic Type R (EK), if only to keep the prices relatively unified. That said, I think this could be a great way for some of the touring car/RM models from the PS3 era to return, like the those based on the third-gen Prius and the CR-Z.

Now, as far as venues that could really use rain, I don't know if I'm missing anything other than Daytona, Watkins Glen, Brands Hatch, Trial Mountain, Tokyo Expressway South, and Interlagos.

I'd say Daytona, Brands Hatch, and Interlagos could especially use it, considering their respective locations, but at the same time, I think it had just rained quite a bit at this year's IMSA round at Watkins Glen, didn't it?
Yes it rained a ton at the Glen this year and the race was under a red flag. It would not be Watkins Glen without rain! I've been going there for two decades and its rare to have a weekend without rain.

Hello folks, I finally have GT7 and have been playing through it. So far, I am at Collector Level 15 and just unlocked Brand Central after completed the High Speed Ring Menu book. Can anyone give me a run down on the other things to unlock at a certain collector level or completing specific menu books?

Last edited:
Hello folks, I finally have GT7 and have been playing through it. So far, I am at Collector Level 15 and just unlocked Brand Central after completed the High Speed Ring Menu book. Can anyone give me a run down on the other things to unlock at a certain collector level or completing specific menu books?
Everything right here

Last edited by a moderator:
There is still some missing like Autobianchi Runabout, AAR Eagle, Alfa Romeo 6C 1750, Alfa Romeo 8C Zagato, Ferrari 512S, Cunningham C4-R and that mentioned Ferrari 330 P4
Yeah, sorry, I should have named the cars instead of just saying "201X winner" like everyone knows the list by heart.

I've always wondered how much Kaz considers the get your car into GT prize when he picks the winner of these. Like, if you show up with an really cool old Lotus, would you win this award or would he think "we can't license that at the minute, best pick something else".

Yeah, sorry, I should have named the cars instead of just saying "201X winner" like everyone knows the list by heart.

I've always wondered how much Kaz considers the get your car into GT prize when he picks the winner of these. Like, if you show up with an really cool old Lotus, would you win this award or would he think "we can't license that at the minute, best pick something else".
I believe that the reproduction of classic vehicles may be easier than with modern vehicles. Patents and industrial designs expire between 10 and 25 years after registration.
The drawback is that trademarks can be renewed indefinitely so the reproduction of the badge and name of the vehicle and car brand would have to be negotiated.
But it would be totally legal to reproduce all the details of a vehicle excluding the original insignia and name if it is prior to the year 2000.
I believe an example of this in Gran Turismo, and one that also relates to Lotus, is the Gran Turismo F1500T-A, an undisguised version of the '85 LOTUS 97T.

Interesting to note that today's new TT at Sardegna on lasts 6 days. Finishes same time as the Fuji TT & coincides with the new update.
I wonder what plans, if any, for the TTs.

NewTT.jpg

Interesting to note that today's new TT at Sardegna on lasts 6 days. Finishes same time as the Fuji TT & coincides with the new update.
I wonder what plans, if any, for the TTs.

View attachment 1373447
The plan is simply that they both end, servers go down, update goes live and after that there'll be a new (or probably two) time trial(s), so as to make sure the physics update doesn't impact the leaderboards.

The plan is simply that they both end, servers go down, update goes live and after that there'll be a new (or probably two) time trial(s), so as to make sure the physics update doesn't impact the leaderboards.
This is what I would guess at too, sounds very plausible.

Could have implications for GT7 and any near-term announcements (update DLC etc.).

In the article Tom Henderson speculates PS5 Pro will be revealed early September and showcased at TGS later that month.

Devs of existing titles can submit their PS5 Pro update details for certification from July 30th. While all new titles from September 15th will have to support the system.

Last edited:
Could have implications for GT7 and any near-term announcements (update DLC etc.).

In the article Tom Henderson speculates PS5 Pro will be revealed early September and showcased at TGS later that month.

Devs of existing titles can submit their PS5 Pro update details for certification from July 30th. While all new titles from September 15th will have to support the system.

For GT7 I'd imagine the main difference will be more 3D grass or something like that. They'd probably not do any Pro-exclusive features like what they did for GT Sophy, since it's a half-gen upgrade, as oppose to PS4 to PS5, or PS5 to PS6. It'll be enhancements to things like graphics etc, not entirely new gameplay features.

Last edited:
Got my first invite yesterday

View attachment 1373638

And honestly with how circuit experience is helping with credits, the temptation is strong.

View attachment 1373639
Buy it .
We never ever let an invitation car pass cause you never know when you will see it again.
Unless if someone is casual player and in that case doesn't really matter.

Of course there's no rush since you have one month for it ,but buy it .

Had a weird dream about Eiger Nordwand yesterday night. I dreamt the area had a tourist spot on the Nordwand and there was a bunch of trivia challenge to climb higher. I... I musta ate something before I went to bed or something... Or my subconscious itself is thinking about the track in a super weird way.

Edit: One of my meds gives me funky dreams.

Last edited:
Supposedly one of the new features of the Pro is much faster RT performance. They could maybe turn on the RT from the replays for gameplay.
Broadly speaking PS5 Pro improvements seem to be 2-3x better RT performance, 35% GPU bump, plus PSSR, which is Sony’s equivalent to Nvidia DLSS.

PSSR should not only allow upscaling (which we already have), but much improved image quality versus methods already in use. Could also have some form of frame generation.

Supposedly one of the new features of the Pro is much faster RT performance. They could maybe turn on the RT from the replays for gameplay.

Probably not going to happen, but I would love to see real mirrors in VR :D mirrors which not only reflects what is behind but also parts of the car and interior z this would be extremly immersive :)

From a banner for an eSports event in Japan

Does anyone know the track? I’m torn between Monza and Spa but they don’t match 100% on either from what I remember

BE5F5BB0-E833-4E2A-B46C-515745A3A7D8.jpeg

At first I was thinking it could be Imola or something like that but we’re getting a track next week so having another one coming soon doesn’t sound like a PD thing to do

Last edited:
From a banner for an eSports event in Japan

Does anyone know the track? I’m torn between Monza and Spa but they don’t match 100% on either from what I remember

View attachment 1373753

At first I was thinking it could be Imola or something like that but we’re getting a track next week so having another one coming soon doesn’t sound like a PD thing to do
Could be Spa, coming out of Turn 14?

Back