Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,097 comments
Well I mean the game is soon gonna reach it's third year. And we should be expecting Update 1.50 on the last Thursday of this month I would hope, since there was no update in August. The July one was so big PD skipped last month.

@Nebuc72 Wow, cool demo thing. I'm gonna look into that soon.

Last edited:
Well I mean the game is soon gonna reach it's third year. And we should be expecting Update 1.50 on the last Thursday of this month I would hope, since there was no update in August. The July one was so big PD skipped last month.

@Nebuc72 Wow, cool demo thing. I'm gonna look into that soon.
We already had an update 1.50, to fix the bugs from 1.49. The next update is 1.51.

A special nostalgic demo?

My dream:
Tracks:
Midfield Raceway/Apricot Hill/. Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and Laguna Seca
Cars: Nissan R390GT1, Gtone, Space F1, 787B, Skyline R33, RX7, FTO, S2000, Alfa 155, GTO 1996, Celica, Viper, TVR Griffith, Aston Martin DB7, Corvette Grand Sport

The possible real choice:
Tracks: Laguna Seca, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Grand Valley Highway and Daytona
Cars: GTone, 787B, AMG GT3 2020, GTR Nismo GT3, GTR nismo, S2000, Lancer Evo 5, Impreza 22B, RX7, NSX Type R, Escudo, TS050, some Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini.

The real demo thing will be:
The first 5 menu Cafes and that's it

Last edited:
I think this "My First GT" thing is a neat idea, given they don't want to put GT7 itself free on PS+ as it's still selling well.

This game could achieve a similar effect to the Forza Horizon games on Xbox Game Pass where people even not that interested in cars will try it out. That in turn could further boost sales of the main game.

Clever marketing play. And even as an existing GT7 player there's no harm in trying it out too, kind of like its own free update. I'm very interested in learning more about it, specifically its layout/format.

Last edited:
Knowing PD they are totally capable of putting a new old track from the days in the demo but not in GT7 🤣
Sure but demo is short for demonstration, aiming to make the consumer buy the full game (GT7 presumeably). So it would be an own goal for PD to release a misleading demo.

I think Lotus was in a pre-release build of GT Sport, but that was due to unforeseen licensing issues before the game ended up launching without Lotus.

Last edited:
Sure but demo is short for demonstration, aiming to make the consumer buy the full game (GT7 presumeably). So it would be an own goal for PD to release a misleading demo.
no I agree with Lomic, haha I wouldn’t doubt that for some bizarre reason Autumn Ring was part of a demo only. Just like how if you don’t have internet you get to play music rally only and a couple races with a couple cars. At least that’s how I understood it to work. I can’t bring my PS5 to a cabin and paint cars or make some money unless I have internet.

Years back I bought a sonic game for iPad, got myself a controller so I could bring it with me on snowmobile trips to play in the evening. Turned out even after buying the game, I needed wifi. Where we go there is no data or wifi coverage, essentially rendering the game useless.

To me that’s a bizarre choice, so I wouldn’t put it past them to include cars or tracks available in the demo only. Lol

"a free trial version designed to attract a diverse players of all skill levels" Seriously? This is going to attract the professional iRacing and RaceRoom skill levels? Such hype and sizzle that's just comical. Maybe we'll finally get unlimited replays again like the original My First Gran Turismo from decades ago....

Last edited:
Sure but demo is short for demonstration, aiming to make the consumer buy the full game (GT7 presumeably).
Splitting hairs, but it's described as a trial rather than demo.

Could it be a trial that allows you to buy DLC content? If it's time limited I guess not, but it could also be a test run for a new business model.

Either way I expect anything available in this trial to be in GT7.
"a free trial version designed to attract a diverse players of all skill levels" Seriously? This is going to attract the professional iRacing and RaceRoom skill levels? Such hype and sizzle that's just comical. Maybe we'll finally get unlimited replays again like the original My First Gran Turismo from decades ago....
I'm pretty sure they're referring to the mainstream audience who could be intimidated by a traditional sim. Not that GT7 doesn't have it's fair share of top players. The larger the playerbase the more opportunity for natural talent to rise to the top.

Last edited:
Either way I expect anything available in this trial to be in GT7.
Same
I'm pretty sure they're referring to the mainstream audience who could be intimidated by a traditional sim. Not that GT7 doesn't have it's fair share of top players. The larger the playerbase the more opportunity for natural talent to rise to the top.
That's how I interpret it too, they want to appeal to a large base of players that does not play GT7 yet with a luring and easy experience to get them to buy the game. All "serious" simers already know enough GT they don't need any demo.

Really going out of your way to get worked up over a completely harmless marketing line here.

Whichever way I look at this, I see an overreaction. The iRacing crowd made up their minds a while back.

• Info is only usually added just in time for each next update, so I can't really comment on anything beyond that, but I've seen nothing about endurances
What about the B-Spec debug that was found a while ago? Was that just to test the AI behaviour or is it something more?

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s your words, not theirs. “All skill levels” probably means that they have something for beginners as well as for those with more experience.

It seems unlikely to me that they would just bring a trial with just old content thats currently in gt, some classic cars from the past sure could be part of it, and maybe with another returning fictional circuit,

Sure needs to be something for the people that already own gt7.

It seems unlikely to me that they would just bring a trial with just old content thats currently in gt, some classic cars from the past sure could be part of it, and maybe with another returning fictional circuit,

Not really. Those of us still playing have been seeing vehicle and track updates. Regardless of bug fixes and updated physics, etc. PlayStation celebrating 30 years and having Gran Turismo as a free content to play during the holiday season makes sense. We haven’t seen that in ages.

If parents are buying PS5/PS5 Pro + peripherals for Christmas it makes sense to cater to new purchasers. There are other genres of free demos to try. So, at the least offering the free demo of a long standing game nearly as old as the PlayStation console(please correct me if Gran Turismo is even just as old with development time included) it makes sense.

Why does the demo “sure” need to have something for GT7 players? PD already got their money and attention.

Why? They very specifically call this a trial.

I feel like you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Last edited:
Not sure when exactly this happenned, but the Tokyo live event has sold out according to the GT7 home screen.
I have to admit, I was sceptical when they announced they were going to start selling tickets to these.

But they seem to be doing something right, that's what, 3 of the last 4 events that have sold out now? And the Prague crowd seemed pretty decent as well even if it wasn't a sell out.

I have to admit, I was sceptical when they announced they were going to start selling tickets to these.

But they seem to be doing something right, that's what, 3 of the last 4 events that have sold out now? And the Prague crowd seemed pretty decent as well even if it wasn't a sell out.
I don't think the venues are that big, maybe a few hundred seats, and they are in huge metropolitan locations, so I expect they would sell out. I would like to attend one, but I can't find any of my girlfriends who don't think it's all gamerbros and likely not very fun other than to attend and possibly kinda annoying. On the other hand, they think attending an F1 or LeMans event would be 1000x more exciting. Seems there is some room to improve and make things even more appealing to a wider audience. And these gals love PCA and BMWCCA driving events, because they are well organized and coordinated for all. 🤷‍♀️

Why? They very specifically call this a trial.

I feel like you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment.
While I get your point, don't forget this will be called "My First GT", not "Gran Turismo 7 - Trial Version". By the logic, a different name suggests something different (at least a little). Sure I can't see this being loaded with new content and crazy stuff like some folks here are predicting, but at the same time I also can't see this being just a straight up demo for GT7.

Back