Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
There's a pretty good way to meet halfway here, which is to directly ask trusted and liked members of the community what they want to see. (People who actually know the franchise and know what they're talking about, not just idiots who want the game to be an ACC clone. :P)

A few other dev studios have done things like this and the results have usually been positive, so it's worth a shot...
Isn't that what Polyphony already do with the likes of Mikail Hizal, Tidgney, and some of the world tour drivers, or am I mistaken?
I think it's just that those conversations are also kept between them for the most part, instead of the wider community knowing the inside details too.

Isn't that what Polyphony already do with the likes of Mikail Hizal, Tidgney, and some of the world tour drivers, or am I mistaken?
I think it's just that those conversations are also kept between them for the most part, instead of the wider community knowing the inside details too.
T10 usually engage with customers/consumers/players last time I visited the forum. Even Ian Bell had chats with those of us that discussed the Project Cars series.

Many of us just can't see Kaz doing that. The interviews gtplanet(Jordan and Famine) have had with Kaz are as close as we'll ever get for such engagement with the GT community.

Yeah, I was just about to point this out. They're already doing this with some of the GTWS stars, and people know that they're doing it, too.

In fact, some time ago (last year, I believe), a group of people tried to gather feedback into one big group and submit it to Hizal on Twitter. Safe to say I was one of them (I wanted more career events as well as new music from Daiki Kasho).

If I'm not mistaking, isn't Hizal already working for PD? (think I remembered hearing he was already interning at some point).

No offence to any that read GTP, but I don't want any of the glory seeking narcissists that want to succeed in online competition dictating what direction the franchise heads in. Kaz had it right with his original, realised, vision for Gran Turismo.
While I get the point, that is quite a stretch to apply such a label.

If I'm not mistaking, isn't Hizal already working for PD? (think I remembered hearing he was already interning at some point).

While I get the point, that is quite a stretch to apply such a label.
I thought Hizal worked on his own? He did in GTsport. Like MatskiMonk said the top alien drivers are on their own league. I don't think any of them work for PD, not that I know of.

T10 usually engage with customers/consumers/players last time I visited the forum. Even Ian Bell had chats with those of us that discussed the Project Cars series.

Many of us just can't see Kaz doing that. The interviews gtplanet(Jordan and Famine) have had with Kaz are as close as we'll ever get for such engagement with the GT community.
The sad part is, Gran Turismo could be waaaaaaayyy better if Kaz actually engaged with his customers, all he’d have to do is read through the things that annoy me thread and I’m sure he could find some great ideas to improve the game.

But, his explanation on why he didn’t allow tune sharing with the click of a button says it all. He just doesn’t care. Nobody in their right mind can argue that taking two screenshots of the car settings page, sending to friends, then remembering to add whether it’s wide bodied, wide rims, wide offset and rim diameter in the chat you sent it to. Then whoever you sent it too takes 15 minutes to scan through the pages (sometimes in a different language) buy all the parts and make adjustments until the pp matches. It’s absolutely ridiculous that that’s how we have to share tunes. It should be a five to ten second ordeal total. There’s no reason for it to be done the way it is now.

No offence to any that read GTP, but I don't want any of the glory seeking narcissists that want to succeed in online competition dictating what direction the franchise heads in. Kaz had it right with his original, realised, vision for Gran Turismo.
“no offence”
Goes on calling ’em glory seeking narcissists. Kay, dude. :lol:

Au contraire, I have very little faith in the typical and often very stubborn opposite type of player. I think GT7 keeps both sides pretty well at bay.

“no offence”

Au contraire, I have very little faith in the typical and often very stubborn opposite type of player. I think GT7 keeps both sides pretty well at bay.
Love when someone drops a "no offense" as they say - or just said - something aimed to offend.
:lol:

1725498662263.png

Why? None of the top players are there for the game, they're there for themselves.
Like I said, I understand not wanting eSports players to dictate the direction of a franchise not historically esports centered and I even understand not being into eSports but to slap "Narcissists" so broadly and strongly for a group of people (whom I can assume you really don't like) that make up a tiny percent of players just at the mere thought of that happening just comes off as a massive overreaction.

Last edited:
When Hizal was asked this question on Twitter, he neither confirmed nor denied it, iirc.

I believe Famine said he was, though. Makes sense, then, since Hizal keeps showing up at the GTWS events without being a contestant himself.

“no offence”

Love when someone drops a "no offense" as they say - or just said - something aimed to offend.
:lol:

View attachment 1386590

Like I said, I understand not wanting eSports players to dictate the direction of a franchise not historically esports centered and I even understand not being into eSports but to slap "Narcissists" so broadly and strongly for a group of people (whom I can assume you really don't like) that make up a tiny percent of players just at the mere thought of that happening just comes off as a massive overreaction.

When Hizal was asked this question on Twitter, he neither confirmed nor denied it, iirc.

I believe Famine said he was, though. Makes sense, then, since Hizal keeps showing up at the GTWS events without being a contestant himself.
gee whiz guys, i am seeing all this negativity and believing you all are taking this way too seriously...

Kaz really isn't a people person is he? For as long as I can remember, he's never been a good communicator and seems reluctant to share important details with us. In the age of social media, he hasn't adapted to it like some have been, although that could be to do with how old he is. Some older folks may not take much stock of social media as a communication source, which I believe may go some way to explaining the situation.

I fully agree with what ScottPuss said, age is an important factor in the gaming industry. Kaz rarely ever replies to his fans on Twitter, so what does that tell you? No, Kaz does not adapt to this at all which is bad in general for PD. Well, he's only 57, but still. And those guys weren't negative, they were just debating on a small subject with the top drivers(Talon, RACECAR, NAXEHT, LUX).

Last edited:
I wouldn’t apply Kaz to the “some older folks”. Not many of the “some older folks” have a long standing car racing franchise that has as much influence for generations of car culture. I feel he’s only shared information strictly via interviews. He has his Twitter-X account. That’s pretty much all he feels is needed.

Check it. Unless someone on this site is tight with Kaz, we only know what he tells. In that we only found out he was cruising the Tokyo expressways in his Porsche because he shared that info. In 27 years I have not read about any paparazzi following Kaz as he blasts down the tarmac in choice rides. Such a high profile person in the auto industry and only news I’ve seen about him is when there’s an interview or maybe a car show and the Gran Turismo events.

Maybe it’s just younger people that are used to access to everything instead of accepting this is how it is.

...Yeah, I wouldn't throw Kaz into the "old man refusing to adapt to the times" perception/trope/stigma. Not when there are a lot of similarly aged people that have easily adapted to the times.

It's just that he seems to be a very private man to me, that's all, and only reveals information when he decides to (like... randomly announcing that Pharrell was at PD... Now that was out of nowhere. o_o).

I think so, but even then it's a gamble whether PD takes in that advice or completely rejects it. Hizal's even confirmed before that some universally disliked parts of the game (AI not using full throttle, Sophy rubberbanding) are intentional design decisions, so you have to wonder just who at PD is in charge of these things.

There's also the issue that all these people are mainly going to be interested in the online, e-sports, race car side of things instead of the single-player, road car side that GT is best known for, so it's not exactly representative of what most of the community wants. As much as I personally dislike Roflwaffle's videos, he's about the only large-ish GT content creator that properly focuses on the single-player side of the game, so I think he'd be good to have on board.

And the foolish masses demanding clueless decision makers do as they say is where we are now. Designers have been replaced with just ask ifruit AI. Kaz, like everyone is not perfect, but he does make a great driving game - not perfect, but it is great by all empirical measurements.
Great? Seems a little personal interpretation being transmogrified into fact without evidence is going on here

Awesome game, But !.......For me, its been rather odd for some time that this game lacks a Tournament mode where you can set up all the parameters as you wish, i.e. number of tracks/points allocation/cars/driver standings..... etc etc . I feel it would add a whole new dimension to the game, with maybe most of the basic elements already in the game. I cant help wondering if the developers are fearful of losing us in our own "racing world" rather than partake in their set races/tournaments, (as good as they are), if they added this.

Last edited:
Honestly as much as fans of the series all have their own ideas about what Gran Turismo should be, it was Kazunori's vision that made us become fans in the first place.
While still being able to react to feedback in various areas, I don't want it to dilute that vision he has, as GT could end up losing its soul in the process.
It's Kazunori's passion project, and we're just along for the ride for as long as we enjoy his and Polyphony's work.
The more people involved in decision making/influencing, the less pure of a vision it becomes, and the game suffers for it.
"Too many cooks spoil the broth" kind of logic.

You have my respect!!!!
I think that GT somewhere losted the right direction....

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Last edited:
There's a fine line between being passionate and being entitled.

PD make the game, I decide if I want to play it. Simple as that.

Feedback obviously influences their decision making, but to what degree is still their decision to make.

It's also entirely their decision how communicative they want to be.

I also find it frustrating sometimes. But I respect it.

Last edited:
Honestly as much as fans of the series all have their own ideas about what Gran Turismo should be, it was Kazunori's vision that made us become fans in the first place.
While still being able to react to feedback in various areas, I don't want it to dilute that vision he has, as GT could end up losing its soul in the process.
It's Kazunori's passion project, and we're just along for the ride for as long as we enjoy his and Polyphony's work.
The more people involved in decision making/influencing, the less pure of a vision it becomes, and the game suffers for it.
"Too many cooks spoil the broth" kind of logic.
I don’t buy this. I think Kaz used to have a passion for both video game development and cars. Nowadays he seems more like a car guy who has gotten stuck in his ambassador-esque role as a prolific producer of racing games. Still a true passion project for him? I’m not so sure, although I’m sure he still cares for his creation.

People’s ideas of what Gran Turismo should be are largely informed by eight iterations of the game spanning 25 years. All different games taking different approaches to game design despite originating from the same man’s vision. PD is ignoring some of their best ideas that solidified a fanbase back in the day.

So I think the players can offer legitimate inputs, because PD themselves do not seem to understand the exact reasons why their older game designs generally were more loved than their more recent approaches.

I don’t buy this. I think Kaz used to have a passion for both video game development and cars. Nowadays he seems more like a car guy who has gotten stuck in his ambassador-esque role as a prolific producer of racing games. Still a true passion project for him? I’m not so sure, although I’m sure he still cares for his creation.
I think Sport absolutely was a passion project. When interviewers catch him on the right esports or sim-to-real topic Kaz can talk for a really long time even now, it's something he definitely cares about.

Then the reviews came in for that game, and we saw how it divided the fanbase between fans of the PS1/2 GTs and fans brought in by Sport's approach. Pretty much everything since has been attempting to cater to both sides of that schism.

He did just not in the way we thought he would because he did it the way he wanted to.
The subject of a game road map, and how it relates to fan feedback and suggestions, was also broached. Yamauchi commented “We do carefully consider feedback from the community of Gran Turismo… but there is a roadmap about what are the things we need to do for the future”.

“I’m always sort of living in the future and always thinking of the future of everything,” he continued, “but it’s only been about a year since Gran Turismo 7 came out so it’s still kind of too early to talk about the future”.

I absolutely second that. I much as I'd like to earn a free trip to other countries and compete in my favourite game, even for no meaningful prizes that justify the thousands of hours I put into it JUST to be there (and yes, that was a sarcasm, notwithstanding the skills I may or may not have to deserve a GTWS spot), the franchise could at least follow the basic formula that made it loved and dominant in the casual racing genre.

Last edited:
Back