Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,141 comments
Toyota being in a series doesn't immediately mean GT gets the car from that series. See: WRC, NASCAR.

It's more weird that we have the GR010 at all, to be honest. There still isn't another LMH in any other sim besides the WEC-licensed Le Mans Ultimate, everyone else went the IMSA licensing LMDh route.

It'd be neat to see the Supercars roster paired with Albert Park in an update, since that track was found in scapes code. They host the "Melbourne SuperSprint" there.

IMG_5812.png

IMG_5811.png

Original post:

If it did happen I suspect it wouldn't be for a long time, since it was only found in Scapes and not the Time of Day settings at the time of discovery. The reconfiguration of certain sections of the track in recent times would also have played a factor in development.

Either way, cool to see Toyota entering the Supercars series. I do wish that Volvo, Nissan & Mercedes were still in it though.
IMG_5813.jpeg

IMG_5814.jpeg

IMG_5815.jpeg

Last edited:
It'd be neat to see the Supercars roster paired with Albert Park in an update, since that track was found in scapes code. They host the "Melbourne SuperSprint" there.

View attachment 1390176
View attachment 1390177

Original post:

If it did happen I suspect it wouldn't be for a long time, since it was only found in Scapes and not the Time of Day settings at the time of discovery. The reconfiguration of certain sections of the track in recent times would also have played a factor in development.

Either way, cool to see Toyota entering the Supercars series. I do wish that Volvo, Nissan & Mercedes were still in it though.
View attachment 1390178
View attachment 1390179
View attachment 1390180
Forza had these bad boys.

Could someone do me a favour and take the C4 Corvette that's currently being used in a time trial and take it for a few laps at Daytona and let me know why it can't go round the banking?

I wouldn't read too much into Albert Park being in Scapes files, they probably just took some shots there on the same trip as their other Melbourne scapes.
I would've thought the same if it wasn't for the format of the scape description being similar to other circuits that have scapes, such as Watkins Glen & Road Atlanta.

(General description of the track here)
(Unique text highlighting a specific section of the track in the scape here)

It focuses way too much on the track itself, even mentioning circuit length of 5.3km and describing it as "a tough layout that forces hard brakes from the full throttle."
Saying those kind of things in scapes and not having the circuit to experience it on would be odd, but I suppose not impossible.
Maybe there are other examples of scape locations that are a circuit in real life, but said circuit isn't in the game. The only one I can think of at the time of writing is the Monza oval though (edit: and the Fuji banking).

Also if they were took alongside the other Melbourne scapes, which are already in the game, if there is no intention of adding the circuit then surely the Albert Park scapes would be in the game already too. Unless they're being held back for a second wave of scapes or something.

Last edited:
Maybe there are other examples of scape locations that are a circuit in real life, but said circuit isn't in the game. The only one I can think of at the time of writing is the Monza oval though.
There aren't any.

Scape circuit locations are: Spa, Le Mans, Nurburgring, Monza, Fuji, Autopolis, Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta and Daytona.

There aren't any.

Scape circuit locations are: Spa, Le Mans, Nurburgring, Monza, Fuji, Autopolis, Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta and Daytona.
Found a couple examples:
  • Long Beach
  • Belle Isle
IMG_5823.jpeg

IMG_5824.jpeg

But the descriptions for those don't mention the tracks or racing at all, unlike Albert Park, so they are definitely intended to just be normal city scapes.

Last edited:
To me, F1 event exclusive circuits such as Albert Park, Singapore’s Marina Bay circuit, Las Vegas Street Circuit, I feel are the most unlikely of mainstream circuits to be released officially in games outside of EA F1. I’m just unsure of how they’d work from a licencing perspective, maybe unlicensed versions of such would work, but outside of Project Cars, we don’t really see unlicensed circuits in games now.

From a quick look online, the Albert Park circuit doesn’t even have a logo or any obvious ownership (I’d assume Australian Grand Prix corp are in charge of the circuit too).

While the circuit would be great in game, it’s the behind the scenes stuff that makes me lose confidence on circuits like it making the game.

Last edited:
To anyone who has/has not played Astro Bot yet, there is an INCREDIBLE GT related reference in the later stages of the game that absolutely blew my mind! :eek:
For context purposes there is a second GT cameo bot in this game which you unlock in one of the last worlds that is then placed alongside the GT driver in your main hub, i'll just leave it at that for those not wanting the surprise spoiled :D

All i'll say is: Team Asobi absolutely did their history research!

Last edited:
Back