Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,276 comments
I think they mean car selection. In the OP's eyes perhaps, they would rather that PD add cars they feel are quality cars to them, selection wise, rather than lots that maybe are not interesting to a large section of the player base (the percentage would possibly vary a lot per car).

That's the only way I can see it anyhow. Or maybe like, they'd like requested community choices vs. multiple trim levels/models of an iteration of GT-R, for example.

But of course, there are people who'd like a full GT-R line including trims or special one-off models.
I think we all want cars that fit our personal preferences. That’s self-explanatory. However, the phrase quality over quantity was used and it literally means to prioritize effort.
That's where the personal preference comes in.
Again, it doesn’t make sense in the context of quality over quantity.

I think we should stop this. You didn’t make the original comment and you guessing what was meant doesn’t really clarify anything (for the reason I’ve already stated). People should answer for themselves when called out on random comments lacking context.

Last edited:
I think we all want cars that fit our personal preferences. That’s self-explanatory. However, the phrase quality over quantity was used and it literally means to prioritize effort.

Again, it doesn’t make sense in the context of quality over quantity.

I think we should stop this. You didn’t make the original comment and you guessing what was meant doesn’t really clarify anything (for the reason I’ve already stated). People should answer for themselves when called out on random comments lacking context.
You’re not wrong, though I’ll just end on - quality for some might be tied to/represent personal preference/cars that are highly requested. I can see where the OP is coming from looking through a certain lens. But you can also make the argument you’re making. So, yeah, if OP clarifies then we’ll understand more what they mean.

Quantity does help games, especially with replayability.

GT3 and GT7 are polar opposites in this regard. GT3 has great event freedom quality since you can do all of a series in any order, but the car freedom quantity hurts it on replays since there are so many events on the main path in that game that only have one or two eligible cars (there's 10 Yaris races you have to do with only 2 Yarises in the game, for example, so those events will feel the same every time). GT7 by contrast has great car freedom quality, almost too much - with the sole exception of the truck races, every race on the main path has at least nine cars you can pick from. But it's hurt by event freedom quality, in that it has none, since the café is strictly linear.

That's why GT4's career is held up as the pinnacle, because it has both - there's tangible progression but not a strict linear event path, while having enough car choice that replay value doesn't suffer.

Quantity does help games, especially with replayability.

GT3 and GT7 are polar opposites in this regard. GT3 has great event freedom quality since you can do all of a series in any order, but the car freedom quantity hurts it on replays since there are so many events on the main path in that game that only have one or two eligible cars (there's 10 Yaris races you have to do with only 2 Yarises in the game, for example, so those events will feel the same every time). GT7 by contrast has great car freedom quality, almost too much - with the sole exception of the truck races, every race on the main path has at least nine cars you can pick from. But it's hurt by event freedom quality, in that it has none, since the café is strictly linear.

That's why GT4's career is held up as the pinnacle, because it has both - there's tangible progression but not a strict linear event path, while having enough car choice that replay value doesn't suffer.
Yep, exactly this. I've always maintained that the best racing game careers are open-ended, letting you do a lot of things in different orders depending on how you play the game, while also making sure there are plenty of options available to you at once.

GT used to be the absolute champion of this type of career, but I feel the spark has been missing ever since GT6.

I think they mean car selection. In the OP's eyes perhaps, they would rather that PD add cars they feel are quality cars to them, selection wise, rather than lots that maybe are not interesting to a large section of the player base (the percentage would possibly vary a lot per car).

That's the only way I can see it anyhow. Or maybe like, they'd like requested community choices vs. multiple trim levels/models of an iteration of GT-R, for example.

But of course, there are people who'd like a full GT-R line including trims or special one-off models. That's where the personal preference comes in.
Hah, that example of the GT-R‘s couldn’t have a better timing, as it seems we are getting another one in next weeks update😀

Back