Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,364 comments
1YzghZv.png
Oh true. The swap battles will be epic!

I can't imagine there wasn't one in GT4, but I don't recall Subaru having their own "Evolution Meeting" type event back on GT3. Closest would've been Boxer Spirit which also had the Rufs. Maybe Polyphony felt that there would've been too much overlap between that and an "Impreza Meeting" event back then.

Last edited:
I can't imagine there wasn't one in GT4, but I don't recall Subaru having their own "Evolution Meeting" type event back on GT3. Closest would've been Boxer Spirit which also had the Rufs. Maybe Polyphony felt that there would've been too much overlap between that and an "Impreza Meeting" event back then.
Wasn’t it Pleiades?

6. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps are now available for the following cars (unlocked at Collector Level 50):
  ・Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22
  ・Mazda Roadster Touring Car
  ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition '15
  ・Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91
  ・Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88
  ・Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car
  ・Toyota 86 Gr.4
  ・Toyota 86 GRMN '16
  ・Toyota 86 GT '15
  ・Toyota Hiace Van DX '16

7. Scapes

- 'Chicago' has been added as a featured Curation in Scapes.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Physics Simulation Model
 - The behavioural models for the suspensions and the steering have been adjusted to prevent front lift during cornering and oversteer during braking;
 - The ABS behaviour has been adjusted so the turning brake assist feature is linked to the applied brake pressure.

2. Controllers

- Adjusted the Tuning Menu Auto Setup parameters for the Fanatec® Podium to better suit the Torque Mode:
  ・When in High Torque Mode, selecting Auto Setup (AS) will set the optimum parameters;
  ・When in Low Torque Mode, the force feedback will be weaker. Please adjust the setting in Custom Setup as follows:
   SEM: Auto
   FFB: 100
   NDP: 50
   NFR: 5
   NIN: Off
   INT: 3
   FEI: 100
   FOR: 100
   SPR: 100
   DPR: 100

3. Track
 - Extended the surface paint area at the pit entry of the Eiger Nordwand Reverse track to improve visibility.

4. Localisation
 - Fixed various text localisation issues.

5. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

Last edited:
6. GT Auto
  Engine Swaps are now available for the following cars (unlocked at Collector Level 50):
  ・Toyota 86 Gr.4
  ・Toyota 86 GRMN '16
  ・Toyota 86 GT '15
  ・Toyota Hiace Van DX '16

7. Scapes

- The behavioural models for the suspensions and the steering have been adjusted to prevent front lift during cornering and oversteer during braking;
 - The ABS behaviour has been adjusted so the turning brake assist feature is linked to the applied brake pressure.

2. Controllers
 - Adjusted the Tuning Menu Auto Setup parameters for the Fanatec® Podium to better suit the Torque Mode:
  ・When in High Torque Mode, selecting Auto Setup (AS) will set the optimum parameters;
  ・When in Low Torque Mode, the force feedback will be weaker. Please adjust the setting in Custom Setup as follows:

3. Track
 - Extended the surface paint area at the pit entry of the Eiger Nordwand Reverse track to improve visibility.

4. Localisation

5. Others
interesting swaps. also that's second swap for some cars

Last edited:
6. GT Auto
  ・Toyota 86 Gr.4
  ・Toyota 86 GRMN '16
  ・Toyota 86 GT '15
  ・Toyota Hiace Van DX '16

7. Scapes

2. Controllers

3. Track

4. Localisation

5. Others
Nice seeing Evolution Meeting getting an actual Menu Book. Also with it being book #51, we're now past the idea of Polyphony potentially having capped them at 50 as a round number.

Incredibly niche question that only I care about: Anyone who still has their TGR Cup reward black GR010, has its colour/livery name updated to "No.7 2024" to match the new Brand Central livery?

I sold mine so I can't check, but I remember it didn't have a livery name at the time it was given out.

zjn
Maybe it's old question, but...
Any guesses as to why PD allows sophy only in ridiculously short races?
I wish I knew! I'd love a nice long 20 lap battle or more! Not to mention, on every track.

Jerome

V1.52. They skipped 1.51, curious what happened to it.
This might explain some of the odd/peculiar quirks one comes across in the gameplay.. If only they could skip a couple other things like nonsensical arbitrary self/who/whatever imposed limits on replays/liveries/helmets..

One question guys, I have GT7 on my SO's PS4 Pro and she has like 60 gb's free of space...why I had to delete some stuff in order to download and install 1'2gb's update? I cannot comprehend, is some sort of recurring error for PS users?

One question guys, I have GT7 on my SO's PS4 Pro and she has like 60 gb's free of space...why I had to delete some stuff in order to download and install 1'2gb's update? I cannot comprehend, is some sort of recurring error for PS users?
I've seen a dozen or so instances of claims that the PS4 updating requires more space. Most indicated they had to uninstall and reinstall.

Sony clearly hasn't heard of patching technologies from the 1990s, or bothered to stop wasting people's time managing space. Or they get a kick out of wasting people's time, like it's cruelty is the point mini game to them.

Because longer races would cause your PS5 to heat up and explode!
May be...
splode!? Nah just put more cooking bowls by the exhaust fan and enjoy the noodles.

Ps4s file system means that it needs to make a copy of the game before installing the patch then deleting it so a 120gb game needs 120gb free space. Not the best system and thankfully ps5 does away with this.

Interesting!! Looks like some cars are getting a second engine swap option. The Lancer Evo X Final '15 can now select between two of 'em, the new one being the Gr. B Rally Car engine.

Pretty much everything @Rossell2 has said (which unfortunately even includes the PRO version). Its why with GT Sport for example, where this became very apparent to me, I eventually moved several of my games to an external hard drive I bought so I didn't have to keep unstalling and reinstalling a game every time an update came out.

Last edited:
Back