Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,475 comments
Until/unless there's a good reason to accept that this is an official Twitter account, it should be viewed with appropriate scepticism. After all, there's a lot of very dedicated, well-meaning nerds out there.
You're right. But the content posted by this user looks really legit. And other very official looking accounts are tagging him (like
@mondialdelauto )

I've mailed them to be sure.

Last edited:
funny-pictures-10-18-24-6.jpg

Curious where this would land as far as performance in GT7, IIRC it's basically a F1 engine and chassis with a modified van body which means it may be similar to the Escudo which is in limbo between Gr.3 and Gr.2.
It wouldn't be grouped, 800BHP is far too powerful for Gr.2 but it's still a silhouette racer (albeit a really weird one) so it's not eligible for Gr.1, which is currently exclusive to true prototypes (and VGTs).

Pontiac Firebird
Another one? Well, PD do like doing cars two by two. ;)

Well, I think it’s a possibility. Although this Firebird is only in the Scape, I can’t see PD just letting this one go without modelling it.
View attachment 1355451

Similar to how the 500 E is in the datamine. I mean, it may not be this particular 500 E, but it is weird this car just happens to be in the shot.
View attachment 1355452

After a lot of those credit cheats I've thankfully been able to maintain pretty well at the cap since the exploits were patched thanks to weekly challenges and the time trials... I usually buy whatever has a good selling price in the legend dealer so I could off load it assuming a lot more cars are coming in the future. But even the last several games I've hoarded cars for the long term, it's never really been necessary since I'll be stuck with 40 some odd Venenos when the support ends like in GT Sport

The museum is saying that PD/Kaz will be coming back again soon, so it sounds like they still have some unfinished business....

Hopefully a Christmas 2024 GT7 update for us in time for the car 30th first auto show reveal anniversary...

Which is exactly what happened:

A rare appearance at the live 2024 International Paris Auto Show (Mondial de l'Auto) that ended on Sunday.

Last edited:
The museum is saying that PD/Kaz will be coming back again soon, so it sounds like that still have some unfinished business....

Hopefully a Christmas 2024 GT7 update for us in time for the car 30th anniversary...

A rare appearance at the live 2024 International Paris Auto Show (Mondial de l'Auto) that ended on Sunday.

It also appeared on Drivetribe a couple of weeks ago, where its appearance in Gran Turismo 2 was referenced a few times.
So it's seen quite a bit of activity lately.

Not that this would confirm anything about it returning in GT7 of course.
Though it's already box-shaped, so all they'd have to do is wrap it and add a giant ribbon for a holiday update haha

Last edited:
The museum is saying that PD/Kaz will be coming back again soon, so it sounds like they still have some unfinished business....

Hopefully a Christmas 2024 GT7 update for us in time for the car 30th first auto show reveal anniversary...

maybe PD will be back for the licensing matter, so I think it's only a matter of time that car will be back to Gran Turismo

There's a van the game needs to add! Especially so those who actively refuse to play GT7 or put it down with zero actual experience racing on Gran Turismo 7, but constantly complain about GT7, especially that it adds vans in new releases - all while playing buggy frustrating games that have more bugs created each update, and can complain GT7 got another van. Gotta give the self inflicting sadness bunch what they want.

If only we demanded more of every title.. more vans for more unlimited replays!

Overall we've got things really good in the Gran Turismo franchise. Especially compared to the more general gaming ecosystem of layoffs, severely broken/unpolished games, invasive monetisation, lack of creative direction, company scandals, corporate executives doing corporate executive things etc.
That's true. But we also have very weird choices and a lot of things that could be improved with the base they already have, just using assets already in the game.

Back