Gran Turismo 7 Physics

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're talking about a stock Miura on its stock tires and driving it at speed, not drifting.

Yes, the wheel adapter makes the steering angle wider, but that's a modification. And CH tires are slow when it comes to racing the car against others... also not stock.

It looks like you're very good at drifting, but that doesn't have much to do with what we're talking about.

Every car should be at the very least driveable right out of the box. The Miura and some others still aren't.
I’ve been having troubles with the stock e type Jaguar since their “physics/tires improvement update” which I know it was always a little tricky, I tried to run it at goodwood and holy I was having a heck of a time not just spinning out.

The E-Type is fine once tuned up. I didn’t try it stock.
Yeah I have one that I’ll have to readjust. Stock, at goodwood, it’s driveable but maybe I just wasn’t used to it. It was a struggle, I ended up using a different car. The Dino, which was a lot more forgivable.

I took about a 2month break to play a different racing game but I have come back to GT7 a few times in the past week and I am very disappointed with the new physics. Some cars are undriveable, they pull left and right and seemingly tramline down the race track and are out of control. I have really struggled under braking where now the rear end breaks loose seemingly all the time. I can feel the increased front end grip the cars have now, but everything else feels terrible. I suppose some of this might be becasue I got very used to ACC on a controller, but this is not what I remember GT7 feeling like. It is not fun and I miss the previous GT7.

Yeah I have one that I’ll have to readjust. Stock, at goodwood, it’s driveable but maybe I just wasn’t used to it. It was a struggle, I ended up using a different car. The Dino, which was a lot more forgivable.
I know it’s sacrilege, but it needs the rear wing. I put on a low wing without side panels.

Yep, this car is busted along with the Evos. The issue happens at high speed, when the suspension's compression is tested.
Stock setup, Sports Mediums

Looks like you go to the brakes right as you hit the G-out... what happens if you coast through the G-out and brake after the car has settled? G-ing-out a car (causing a substantial rebound event) while going for/on the brakes, causing a catastrophic event, makes sense to me.
Having said all that, I'll have to try it for myself and see if I'm just talking nonsense.

There are many cars in game that simulate the restrictions of fender clearance, but it is way too agressive, and really just doesn't need to exist as a game mechanic.
If I'm not mistaken, many of the "races" allow tuning... so does this fender/rub/restriction not help eliminate unrealistic tuning?

If I'm not mistaken, many of the "races" allow tuning... so does this fender/rub/restriction not help eliminate unrealistic tuning?
True, but tuning is often the issue. I don't remember any stock/factory cars having problems with fender clearance.

Lowering a car causes the problem, and some cars simply adding comp. suspension at its default height can cause clearance issues. In the real world though cars can run with their tires very close to the fenders, and sometimes even operate with a fair amount of contact, but GT7 seems think any amount of contact stops turning ability, and is often very aggressive with it.

We should be able to basically slam anything in the game without physical limitations to steering angle. It's a mechanic that is rooted in reality, but unnecessary in the game, and way too exaggerated.

In the real world though cars can run with their tires very close to the fenders, and sometimes even operate with a fair amount of contact, but GT7 seems think any amount of contact stops turning ability, and is often very aggressive with it.

My old IRL Peugeot never had any steering restriction issues, did rub the arches on hard cornering but didn't affect steering ability, coilovers sorted the rubbing out.

20140608_164836.jpg

5432592.Jpeg

5435216.Jpeg
5162384.Jpeg

Although some problems were inevitable 🤣
672976.Jpeg

BGAQvAdCIAApfx3.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back