Gran Turismo 7 Physics

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh no.
My worst fears have been confirmed.
We are back to the pre 1.49 physics model.
Great job PD.
So disappointing.
And such a huge step backwards again.
Why PD... just why 😢

Edit:
Same goes for the ABS Algorithm.
We are back to nonsensical stomp the brake the car keeps stable ABS Physics.
In combination with the altered Handling Simulation Physics, it means we are basically left with just the improved Tire Update which is still in tact thankfully.
Absolute garbage imo.
But hey we got to deal with what the majority asks for I guess, be it reasonable or not.
Yet again it is what it is.
I am kinda skeptical of this claim. I just took my E36 M3 to Eiger - FFB feels like it went back to pre 1.49, but the behavior and pace of my M3 still feels like it's post 1.49. I suspect whatever they adjusted is a bit closer to 1.48, but the tire model and most of the suspension feel is still past 1.49.

IMO we need more people to try the physics out before we jump to conclusions.

Last edited:
I am kimda skeptical of this claim. I just took my E36 M3 to Eiger - FFB feels like it went back to pre 1.49, but the behavior and pace of my M3 still feels like it's post 1.49. I suspect whatever they adjusted is a bit closer to 1.48, but the tire model and most of the suspension feel is still past 1.49.

IMO we need more people to try the physics out before we jump to conclusions.
I'm not talking FFB. I was strictly referring to the Physics Simulation or let's call it Suspension Dynamics.
And most obviously the ABS Algorithm.
The Suspension especially the front end has highly improved front end grip.
Kerbs have no specific impact as it used to be previously.
Something I can live with to be honest.

But what they did to the ABS is just... Pathetic.
We are back to slam the brakes, car stays stable, no matter if it's on a kerb or not.
It just sticks and no longer locks up.
Braking Pressure Modulation has been highly simplified again.
On the other hand we still have the old tire degradation model, but because of the non impactfull ABS system, the tires or let's say the way how you had to nurse them rubber is no longer in correlation to how you modulate your braking inputs.
It's so much simplified and takes away a huge driver factor.
Lap time wise from my testing so far, it has become quicker again.
It's logical so nothing I didn't expect to happen.
Overall it's a huge let down and takes away a lot of finesse.
Something which was very obvious pre 1.52.
I'm very sure that in the next few hours we'll get many reactions here which will definitely confirm my early observations.

Edit:
And the FFB feels phenomenal by the way, same as before.
So at least it's something which hasn't been touched.
But it's so boring and dull to drive with these physics.

Last edited:
I was strictly referring to the Physics Simulation or let's call it Suspension Dynamics.
And I am saying that the suspension physics were not reversed all the way back to 1.49. I noticed some cars (particularly my Cappuccino) still bouncing a few times after hitting/coming off kerbs and other uneven terrain. Whatever they did to the suspension was an incremental change to try and address the bug. Even the patch notes mention they only adjusted two things in the suspension.
On the other hand we still have the old tire degradation model, but because of the non impactfull ABS system, the tires or let's say the way how you had to nurse them rubber is no longer in correlation to how you modulate your braking inputs.
Slamming the brakes in my modified HiAce this morning made it turn to the side, and I run ABS weak. Still skeptical.

i say thank that hawkeye poster, or the other countless complainers... thing is, it was an ugly bug with the jumpy evos, but rolling is back is so so wack
I have a direct line to Polyphony Digital, I told them roll it back or I’m gone! They said sorry my master, your wish is our command.

Haven’t driven it yet, most of my complaints have been about cars that used to drive fine and were predictable but were now extremely tricky to drive. Lots of people drive the GR.3 cars and I could see those feeling better to most because even before the updates those things basically drove themselves. The suspension update probably woke those up a little or put a little more character into the cars.

But for more of the historic cars, the suspension was whack. A stock wide body pantera with wide tires and rims… would get fender rub when we didn’t before their suspension update. Lots of older cars you had to start throwing suspension at it to fix whatever they messed up.

IF, they have rolled it back, maybe they found more issues with their physics update and need a lot more time to sort it out. My main issues with that update was the G Pro wheel felt A LOT different, lots of very light weight feel in many cars, and others were extremely hard to turn the wheel. Way too drastic of a difference between cars. Erratic FFB, like mid corner the wheel would just tug away, or just barely hop a flat curve with a feather light steering car and get a monster FFB spike that’d almost rip your hands off. As for suspension, I’ve already mentioned it, lots of cars bottoming out too easily requiring us to throw parts at what were normally nice stock vehicles to drive.

If you want to start a fight, I’m all for it. If they gave us the option to toggle HUD on and off, moved the timer for the karts in cockpit view and let us share tunes with the click of a button, then perhaps they listened to me. If they didn’t, then maybe they somehow listened to the complaints from majority of users about suspension physics update issues. In that case, no sense singling me out Glavston. It’s rude.

Last edited:
I have a direct line to Polyphony Digital, I told them roll it back or I’m gone! They said sorry my master, your wish is our command.

Haven’t driven it yet, most of my complaints have been about cars that used to drive fine and were predictable but were now extremely tricky to drive. Lots of people drive the GR.3 cars and I could see those feeling better to most because even before the updates those things basically drove themselves. The suspension update probably woke those up a little or put a little more character into the cars.

But for more of the historic cars, the suspension was whack. A stock wide body pantera with wide tires and rims… would get fender rub when we didn’t before their suspension update. Lots of older cars you had to start throwing suspension at it to fix whatever they messed up.

IF, they have rolled it back, maybe they found more issues with their physics update and need a lot more time to sort it out. My main issues with that update was the G Pro wheel felt A LOT different, lots of very light weight feel in many cars, and others were extremely hard to turn the wheel. Way too drastic of a difference between cars. Erratic FFB, like mid corner the wheel would just tug away, or just barely hop a flat curve with a feather light steering car and get a monster FFB spike that’d almost rip your hands off. As for suspension, I’ve already mentioned it, lots of cars bottoming out too easily requiring us to throw parts at what were normally nice stock vehicles to drive.

If you want to start a fight, I’m all for it. If they gave us the option to toggle HUD on and off, moved the timer for the karts in cockpit view and let us share tunes with the click of a button, then perhaps they listened to me. If they didn’t, then maybe they somehow listened to the complaints from majority of users about suspension physics update issues. In that case, no sense singling me out Glavston. It’s rude.
Not singling you out, just remember you posting countless times about how awful the new physics was... I even put "... and the other people"on the post. It certainly wasn't only you complaining about it. Reddit and them was full of it

And I am saying that the suspension physics were not reversed all the way back to 1.49. I noticed some cars (particularly my Cappuccino) still bouncing a few times after hitting/coming off kerbs and other uneven terrain. Whatever they did to the suspension was an incremental change to try and address the bug. Even the patch notes mention they only adjusted two things in the suspension.

Slamming the brakes in my modified HiAce this morning made it turn to the side, and I run ABS weak. Still skeptical.
I drive 70% GT3 cars and the changes are more then obvious.
I play every day for hours and manage to get 800km on average.
Right when the servers went offline I was doing Arcade offline driving around the Nordschleife on comfort tires in high torque cars like the Mustang.
Immediately after the Server Maintenance and update was installed, I switched to the same car/track/tire combo and it was very very obvious that the ABS Algorithm has been changed.
Same goes for the Front end.
Way more bite and stability.
Kerbs are no longer that impactfull.
The Front brake disc's moment before they slightly start to lock up has been highly altered to a level where it just starts to lock up at the very last moment if at all.
I also drive a lot with ABS turned off, especially in older Road cars.
Anything above 50% brake pressure will lock up the fronts, especially at low speeds which absolutely doesn't make sense.
At high speeds it's somewhat more realistic as it doesn't lock up beyond 70%.
Pre 1.52 it was absolutely fine and non ABS Brake Modulation was a blast up to 80% independent of the current speed you were going.

I then opened my well known Open Lobby and had some very good drivers in.
All A+ all between 60 to 80K Dr.
High Tier Top split Drivers.
We all agreed on the term that braking has been highly simplified.
Especially in GT3 cars.
I don't know how much experience or driving knowledge you have but I can assure you that it's definitely been simplified.
I'm a GT Enthusiast and pay high attention to the small as well to the very obvious changes.
Muscle Memory and Driving Techniques have become second nature over the years.

But it's ok that you're skeptical.
As long as you enjoy the game the way it is it's ok.
I'm not trying to convince you.
Don't get me wrong.
It's just facts. 🙂

Not singling you out, just remember you posting countless times about how awful the new physics was... I even put "... and the other people"on the post. It certainly wasn't only you complaining about it. Reddit and them was full of it
I remember posting countless times about it as well because my expensive wheel suddenly felt completely different and not in a good way. I’ve still been racing but some cars suddenly became way less enjoyable to drive. The Daytona coupe, damn used to love that car, now it feels like my wheel isn’t on, but if I crank up the torque I get strong spikes. So yeah, when their update drastically changes the feel of your wheel you spent a lot of money on, it’s hard not to get upset and instead just simply welcome the changes.

Physics are a tricky thing too because racing sims can only do so much, they all feel completely different, so my point is, get it as close as you can to real that you think is accurate, and leave it alone because minor tiny changes in physics can take a lot of laps to get used of. Especially when the physics updates affect tunes and setups. It’s like somebody rearranging your computers folders while you were asleep. That’s my main point. I can get used of how a car handles, but quit changing it, pick something, stick with it, make sure it was your best foot forward.

My thoughts on GT7 initially on release, meh it’s still the same old. But I have nothing better to play. They updated, wow this is better! Lots of people seem to hate it. Now I’m one of them, the previous 1.50 update or whatever it was put me in the why’d you go and change stuff?! You can’t please everyone so best foot forward, leave it as is, fix it on the next title.

I actually drove the Daytona coupe the other night for the first time in a long time, and I didn't experience anything odd. I took it out after reading one of your posts about it. Mine is completely stock, but for some reason I couldn't duplicate what you described. As noted in the "suspension compression issues" I was unable to duplicate a stock E36 getting tossed at the Fuchsrohre, so I dunno...

Not sure if I just haven't driven the right cars to experience it or what. I'm going to run the 911 in a bit from that thread and see what happens.

Back