Gran Turismo 7 PS5 Pro Update: 8K Graphics, Real-Time Ray-Tracing On Track

• Thread starter Famine
  • 182 comments
Last edited:
Last edited:
No.

You can have 8K without ray tracing or 4k with ray tracing.
Oh.. I see, but 4k with ray tracing is pretty impressive but I wonder where it leaves VR players?

I was seriously considering buying VR but I guess this might gazump that

Got some thinking to do 🧐

For all our complaints (justifiable) about image blurriness and lack of HUD elements in VR it is still game changing in GT7. I was originally on the fence about upgrading my wheel but was talked into VR instead by members on this forum. They were right. If you only had money between either a Pro or PSVR2, you should take PSVR2.

Last edited:
For all our complaints (justifiable) about image blurriness and lack of HUD elements in VR it is still game changing in GT7. I was originally on the fence about upgrading my wheel but was talked into VR instead by members on this forum. They were right. If you only had money between either a Pro or PSVR2, you would take PSVR2.
I just need a smallish lotto win and I’ll get the lot! 🤣

It's not even comparable, I'd go VR every time. GT7 in VR is an experience that goes beyond visual fidelity. And to be quite honest, you don't notice a lot of the graphical artifacts in the heat of a race... There's a ton to be desired because PD has neglected the VR mode but it's still stellar.

Last edited:
Oh.. I see, but 4k with ray tracing is pretty impressive but I wonder where it leaves VR players?

Got some thinking to do 🧐
They only gave very broad overviews of what each game will have.

The focus for GT7 was RT, but they talked about HFW having additional graphical improvements, like higher fidelity skin textures.

We'll see if PD detail more improvements, I suspect they'll look to improve LOD, maybe particles effects like dust, tyre smoke, rain.

2TBs of ps5 pro space but no unlimited automatic replay saves in Gran Turismo 7 because you can't use the space the way you want. They really need to get it together.

Last edited:
2TBs of ps5 pro space but no unlimited automatic replay saves in Gran Turismo 7 because you can't use the space the way you want. They really need to get it together.
This isn't a GT7 issue. Sony imposes a 2GB cap on file save sizes. Why, I can't say, but it's not on PD's shoulders no matter how many GT7 threads you put it in.

This isn't a GT7 issue. Sony imposes a 2GB cap on file save sizes. Why, I can't say, but it's not on PD's shoulders no matter how many GT7 threads you put it in.
That's not true, I can have unlimited screenshots and media recordings. And even if it were, they could make a replay save allocation/"file" and have as many of the allocations as you want with dozens of replays in each.

Where there's demand, it will happen. Where excuses are allowed, they will lead to self shackled and earned outcomes.

And they can change anything they want in their excuses/requirements. It happens all the time.

I know PD can’t given PS4 and 5 versions of GT7, but Real Time Global Illumination (RTGI) would truly be transformational for GT. Every track would have full 24 hour lighting, and for PD there’d be a huge benefit in workflow as it would eliminate the need to produce multiple baked lighting versions of each track.

GT8 maybe.

That's not true, I can have unlimited screenshots and media recordings.
It is true, and those aren't game save files.

Your GT7 replays are saved in your GT7 save file. Sony caps game save files at 2GB, which is why you can only save so many replays in it.

I told you this three months back too and you pooped it...

It's still not a GT7 issue.

I love GT7 and my PS5, but I can't see much point in this - upselling a $700 console on the promise of a graphics update that frankly isn't needed and will likely only be of benefit to a small fraction of people who have the displays to notice it seems... weird.

Of course there may well be future upgrades that PS5 Pro owners can enjoy exclusively, but that too seems like a bad idea given that it will only alienate us 'PS5 Amateur' owners even more.

I guess the crux is whether PD can devote enough time to rectifying some of the game's more obvious flaws before offering questionably unnecessary updates to the few who need their ray-tracing in real time, and their consoles with moar black stripes on it.

Last edited:
I can only consider this only if it has a killer PSVR2 upgrade that I just cannot live without.
GT7 on PSVR2 has become the only game I play because of the limited time I have to play anything to begin with.
Even a marginal increase in fidelity in PSVR2 won't cut it for $700....

Back