Gran Turismo 7 PS5 Pro Update: 8K Graphics, Real-Time Ray-Tracing On Track

• Thread starter Famine
  • 515 comments
Just how good is GT 7? Worth getting a PS5 Pro just for it?

Better than FM23 in terms of car audio and physics? Graphics I don't care about much. Both have good visuals.
Absolutely Yes!

I bought a PS5 and GT7 this year because I finally broke out of the Stockholm Syndrome hoping beyond hope T10 would actually deliver a fraction of their hype. I have never been more thankful and grateful. It has been long overdue to be thoroughly impressed and enjoy 95% of every moment.

I am a racer though, and I appreciate the highest fidelity and accuracy in driving models and in the vehicles. Others may car more about how many cars their game has that they never drive or can afford or be put through the grind for. The Dolby Atmos Surround sound on a proper multichannel setup is truly astounding. I weep for those who can't experience it. The 120hz frame rate is fantastic, especially for precision and consistency. Also the FFB using the DD+ Fanatec Wheel base is absolutely the best. I can feel what a car is doing with astounding nuance. Far too many sim
"cultmunity" folks think the highest Nm's and muscle memory for rote repetition is some way to clamber on about how good FFB is, If you have over a few dozen laps on track IRL at speed, you will find the FFB is right on the money, especially if you have enough experience across a wide spectrum of vehicles. GT7 works with simhub and is great for telemtry and analysis. Also the ease to get car liveries, helmet skins, and race suit skins and the community excellence is just entralling.

What Gran Turismo 7 is lacking significantly is not having unlimited automatic replay saves. About 2.5 months into GT7 I ran out of space. GT7 is the only thing I have installed and this was an absolutely inexcusable archaic NoNO, and the excuses that some 500MB limit in 2024 is anything other than terrible decision making nonsense and absolutely inexcusable and intolerable, is even worse.

Also the online racing can be frustrating, the penalty system can be inconsistent, It can keep twatwaffles far enough away and ghosted to avoid ruining your race, or you can just get caught up in it and get quadruple penalized for getting slammed. Nothing out there does proper race marhsalling and penalties great yet. iRacing penalizing everyone caught up in collisions is only slightly better becuase there might be a modicum of concern and that keeps some folks in check. But Overall I enjoy the online racing in GT7 often more than iRacing simply because of the much much better visuals, framerate consistency 120+, way way better sound, FFB, and feeling what is going on, and I can drive, versus just avoid anyone at ALL costs and hope a dozen haptic motors and simhub can help tell me what's going on with the car that GT7 does perfectly well out of the box.

And GT7 lacks user created leagues/scheduled events with long term point tracking and ability to create and share HUDs and tunes.

Now once I finally unlocked Sport mode to race online, and got through a good portion of the beginning- That I didn't know was the beginning because I was just enjoying it, and there's no really good overview, you just stumble through it, I have found the Missions, and Music Rally, and all the License and now Master Licenses to be absolutely as enjoyable as ever. The Daily Races and Weekly Challenges and the Nations Cup Exhibition and Qualifier races to partake in have been so so so much fun.

So really, it's what are you after. I do quite a bit of iRacing, BeamNG, and Gran Turismo 7 and am still waiting for them to get it all together in a single package, but GT7's high fidelity driving model, visuals/audio and framerate is not something you want to miss, It's something you want to experience. I had no idea it would be so good coming from coping with FM23. Forza was the front runner for quite a while, but sadly they have truly ended up backwards in the weeds.

I think a Pro mode monthly subscription to address

GT7 isn't worth buying any console for
I already had GT7 [+The Crew 2] on the PS4 Pro, but when I saw how smoothly GT7 ran on the PS5 I saved up some money and bought one.

I only had GT7 on the PS5 until I "accidentally" downloaded the Stellar Blade Demo - then I ended up buying that too (by the way, It was the first non-car game I bought in my life. :sly: :lol:).

Well, now there will be improvements for GT7 and Stellar Blade for PS5 Pro, so I'm thinking about buying the Pro to enjoy these two games a little more, but obviously I'm already thinking about GT8...

You see, not just one, but the GT7 is almost making me buy a second console!
But I won't deny that Eve is another motivating factor. ;)

Last edited:
Back