Gran Turismo 7 PS5 Pro Update: 8K Graphics, Real-Time Ray-Tracing On Track

• Thread starter Famine
  • 549 comments
Less than a month to go my anticipation is building.
Do say "Enjoy the Pro rendered frames".
Don't say "Enjoy less native pixels than you had before."

Less than a month to go my anticipation is building.
Do say "Enjoy the Pro rendered frames".
Don't say "Enjoy less native pixels than you had before."
All jokes beside. I wouldn’t get too much into all these specs and numbers the whole time. It’s the same on pc and an upscaled picture, especially with DLSS it can look better than native 4K. All this trouble around raw numbers alone doesn’t say anything these days in terms of picture quality.

And don’t be offended by the Pro console. No one will lose anything because of this console.
The ingame RT is a nice showcase but is it so important? For sure not.
Native 4K is offered by the base console and it‘s impressive. Is the upscale image less stable due to Digital foundry on the Pro console - yes. Will it be improved, most likely.

Last edited:
I don't care about online in ANY game to be honest. I take my time exploring the game, couldn't care at all about what's happening in the MP/online space.

I'm the same mate. Each to their own of course.

I loved MP when I initially played COD online in 2000s. And thought this is a game changer. More adrenaline, buzz etc.

But as the years went by I've moved to pretty much single player only again. I did try gt7 daily races and after the initial buzz, it got old quickly.

Online gaming of course has its plus sides and many prefer it. But I find it can be a bit more draining, harder to play when tired or just looking for more relaxing experience amd/or enjoy story/world without feeling like you're on a constant treadmill to be competitive and intentional fomo tactics many online games deliberately employ, that can lend itself to the game becoming too consuming/addictive. Whereas single player you can just dip in out as it suits, with minimal 'stress'.

I expect the frame rate to be super good. And hopefully more level of detail overall.
I‘m hoping for VR improvements too.
Framerate isn’t an issue for me on the base model. Replays can suffer a tiny bit but that’s not a huge issue. Also my VRR tv does help slightly.

Back