Gran Turismo 7 Review: Return of the King

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 488 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do engine upgrades and exhaust upgrades change the sounds of the cars appropriately? Or do they sound the same regardless of stock or performance parts? I'm hoping they do, similar to FH5.

Last edited:
Super review, as to be expected!

I have a question, if you don't mind @Jordan . Are drag races at all featured outside of the missions? Would surely be a fun feature to set up our own drag racing, and perhaps drag racing lobbies.

Speaking of, are the lobby setup options copy/paste from GT Sport, or are there some improvements?

I'm just piling on to the million questions you have @Jordan - but how did you find the money grind? In Sport, it would take about 40-50 hours (possibly more depending) of racing to get one of the cars I wanted like XJ13. Is it the same on 7?

It's been progressively more time consuming to get lots of money with each iteration, but Sport way overcooked it IMO

Reading these reviews, the game seems to be what I expected: an expansion of GT Sport. I’ll pick it up, but it just makes me appreciate FM4 even more. It’s odd that both these series seemed to peak at their fourth entry. Hopefully that’ll change soon.

You mention that idea of a quick way to experience tuning adjustments by loading the tune onto a track while adjustments are made. Great idea. I remember specifically back in GT4 how I'd spend hours tuning a car little by little, partly taking so long due to loading times and convoluted menus. I feel like the PS5 and SSDs should offer enough power to make this process a lot quicker, especially if the proving grounds track is very simplistic like Motorland from GT4.

But I'd go a step further just for my own amusement. Related to the old B-Spec mode which might make a return, how about an option to simply watch our tune being driven to literally see how it's effecting the car? Perhaps the car could run certain tests so we can watch how it rolls and dives and slides, etc. The classic Motorweek testing regimen comes to mind. I'd like to watch this PP simulation test my car to really get a full understanding of what's happening, followed by a report of the new numbers. There could even be leaderboards for benchmarking. Driving is great but sometimes I just want to watch and learn.

Too bad I didn't come up with this idea until the game already arrived. :lol:

So the AI is still terrible?

Weren't they bragging about a whole new AI system? 😂

It's a shame, the rest of it looks top marks.

Sadly, I don't think I can justify hundreds of £'s on a new console just for one game, so I won't get to play this one for a while.

Actually, I don't know why I'm even here. 🤷‍♂️
Terrible AI and endless catch the pigeon races...

PD needs to be under new direction.

Hi, anyone counting the amount of single player events? Just about to 100 percent GT4 and if it at least feels like GT5, I'm in. But it's not that many and no real endurance like GT6... might postpone this one first.

Thanks for the honest review regarding single player, some other well known youtubers were clearly trying not to say that and convince me AI was a good challenge because he won in the last lap of a 3 lap race. That makes it a no buy for me which is a shame because when I saw trial mountain I got that erge for classic GT again. I just dong want to go through the grind to get the cars I want.

So there is no enjoyment racing in single player and the only way is to go online :banghead:? That's what was expected, definitely not a buy.
That's why I have one critique of the reviews question and answer: is if fun to play? That's a resounding yes. The answer to that is entirely based on how you play. I know that with a couple days I would have already spent more time in the menues on the bells and whistles because the racing will make me reluctant to hit the track like in GTS.

Shuffle races in online?

Edit ; now this could make me consider buying it when it's in the sale.

Last edited:
Sorry if this was answered before somewhere. Does the T300RS work on the PS5 version?

So the AI is still terrible?

Weren't they bragging about a whole new AI system? 😂

It's a shame, the rest of it looks top marks.

Sadly, I don't think I can justify hundreds of £'s on a new console just for one game, so I won't get to play this one for a while.

Actually, I don't know why I'm even here. 🤷‍♂️
They did say Sophy won't be available at launch.
Terrible AI and endless catch the pigeon races...

PD needs to be under new direction.
1646229279521.png

1646229291940.png

Eks
Shame about the AI. Most of us were expecting it, but I feel many got caught up in the hype and let themselves get a little too optimistic.

Looking forward to just about everything else though.
What caught up? It's informed that Sophy won't be available at launch.

@Jordan - Great review!

A thought regarding triggering an engine swap… could it be that you need the source car to get the engine? For example, would you need to own a 996 to wedge the motor in the Beetle, as we saw in State of Play?

Edit: Part of me wonders if this would make sense, particularly since you can buy a fresh stock engine in the tuning. Like, you cannibalise the car and then replenish it.

I fully accept that it’s likely just not a day one option, though…

Last edited:
So there is no enjoyment racing in single player and the only way is to go online :banghead:? That's what was expected, definitely not a buy.
Sure it's a buy, but not for €70 ... waiting for sale and price like €20-€30.(but I do that with 99% of the games)

Same AI as in GT Sports is a MASSIVE downside for me, BS arcade racing where you are expected to start from 20th position and in 3 laps be 1st, no thanks, nowhere near realistic.

Maybe by the time sales hit Sophy will be implemented and that would make it way more attractive.

Everything else I like very much specially collecting, tuning and customizing of cars but with the same horrible AI from GTS it is not a buy for me for full price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back