Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.49/1.50)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 161 comments
The Peugeot L500 VGT's hybrid system now switches off at the usual 155mph that the LMP1 systems do. This makes it considerably slower, and is reflected by it's nearly 30PP decrease in this update. Beforehand it could hit 200mph due to a constant boost.

The Genesis Gran Berlinetta VGT's brakes are significantly stronger now, and the snap oversteer from the hybrid boost has been toned down a bit. Actually a decent car now!

Last edited:
RB26 audio sample has been improved. Especially in the higher rpm range. Far from the real thing but its an improvement I guess.

Exhaust notes in general have been improved. Reverb Especially.

Nissan 400r has tweaked audio.

R32 GTR has been tweaked.

Graphics are still the same. Still waiting for the overdone hdr lighting to be toned down and a better AA solution as the image quality is a bit meh.
That may be your tv, or the settings on your tv. I have an lg g3 and its looks solid.

The game crashing when trying to delete replays because your replay is artificially limited and requires remove space - This used to hard crash the game and send a report, now it just locks up the game and you are stuck on the "edit" for storage replay and nothing shows in the actual list. You can't exit you just have to PS button home and close it. So their fix was to just prevent it from submitting reports of the crash.. that is literally the most duplicit bug worsening I have ever encountered.
Have you reported it here?

Manual transmission behavior was updated. When you shift up, the driver now presses the gas pedal after the clutch is completely engaged.

Noticed this too, I'm very glad that PD has their attention on this now! It makes the shifting sound much more natural when playing without a clutch and h shifter.

What they still can fix to make it sound 100% natural is the millisecond throttle blip when shifting. I don't know if this is for a lot of cars, but the LFA, NSX and F50 still have this happening.

Have you reported it here?
Is this monitored by Polyphony. I can post it and my stream video captures where it used to crash report it and how just hangs so it isn't even reported now.

With forza you can post the bugs on official forums for bugs and suggestions and watch people vote it up and then the T10 decision makers ignore it.

Last edited:
Is this monitored by Polyphony. I can post it and my stream video captures where it used to crash report it and how just hangs so it isn't even reported now.

With forza you can post the bugs on official forums for bugs and suggestions and watch people vote it up and then the T10 decision makers ignore it.
From what I'm told, they do read here. I was just showing you the thread specifically for reporting Bugs.

I'm not sure if it's because of the new physics model making everything understeer, but the Audi R8 seems to be somewhat manageable around a track.
Under-steer is a function of braking, if you are braking at 80% you only have 20% left of front wheel activity to actually steer, hence you will have under-steer. Is why we all will need to re-learn how to trail brake properly...

Under-steer is a function of braking, if you are braking at 80% you only have 20% left of front wheel activity to actually steer, hence you will have under-steer. Is why we all will need to re-learn how to trail brake properly...
Technically it's speed vs traction you can understeer by just applying steering angle and nothing else if you are going to fast for the available grip.

You can also accelerate to hard with to much steering angle which causes power understeer (running wide on corner exit for example)

Are you sure that this isn't just because the car's ride height is too low with the new suspension? If it's too low the wheels get stuck in the arches. That has been there forever.
Previously I think the game would limit you from steering more when the arch thing kicks in. Now it's actively moving your steering angle, which I think is a change?

Manual transmission behavior was updated. When you shift up, the driver now presses the gas pedal after the clutch is completely engaged.

So glad about this, as i hated the 'clutch riding' gear changing sound on cars with stock transmission. I used to just let off the gas each time i changed up gear so it sounded normal.

I'm talking about how the pre update R8 would drift out of corners in 6th gear while simultaneously under steering mid corner. I never even mentioned braking? In case you don't believe me

Last edited:
I'm talking about how the pre update R8 would drift out of corners in 6th gear while simultaneously under steering mid corner. I never even mentioned braking?
It's the weight transfer as the engine is quite a long lump it shows its weight more rearward.

Tidgney knows the car very well so probably has more insight than most of us.

You have to just be really balanced on grip vs throttle it seems.

It's the weight transfer as the engine is quite a long lump it shows its weight more rearward.

Tidgney knows the car very well so probably has more insight than most of us.

You have to just be really balanced on grip vs throttle it seems.
Then how come the Huracan doesn't do the same? Even in real life when my R8 had an AMS 1200hp kit on PS4S tires, I didn't get this much wheel spin.

Then how come the Huracan doesn't do the same? Even in real life when my R8 had an AMS 1200hp kit on PS4S tires, I didn't get this much wheel spin.
The Hurracan is much wider, a newer platform and longer wheel base so less twitchy.

One is newer than the other set up differently.

If the R8 was amazing it would be a dominant car, it's currently not. It's just a fast car 🤷‍♂️

The Hurracan is much wider, a newer platform and longer wheel base so less twitchy.

One is newer than the other set up differently.

If the R8 was amazing it would be a dominant car, it's currently not. It's just a fast car 🤷‍♂️
I don't know where you are getting your information from, but the R8 wheelbase is an inch longer than the Huracan and is based on the same exact platform. Do you know I'm talking about the 2016 R8 and not the R8 V8 or race car variants? Again, the pre update R8 in stock form would spin its tires more easily than a 1200hp R8 in real life. I could power slide 75% of the Nurburgring before the update but now the car seems planted. Not sure why you keep defending the handling of the R8 pre-1.49

There have definitely been sweeping changes to the sound design.

Exhaust sounds are more distorted, except racing exhausts. There is also additional reverb. But the mix is still quite compressed (dynamic range), so the overall effect is to create a wall of sound, rather than the impressive dynamics of the real thing, or indeed of the PS3 era games.

I noticed some new effects, wind noise and impacts on curbs sound different - I think there are new "sweeteners", e.g. something intermittent that sounds like keys jangling that I've not heard before. The sound of the shifter in the gate for manual cars, especially older cars, sounds louder now. In fact, maybe these effects, like the turbo sounds, are just mixed at a higher level / more prominently.

The interior of weight-reduced cars is a little comically overly reverberant now, sounds like you've got your head in a bucket. But this is on a PS4.

I don't like the new gear changes. I got used to lifting and it sounded pretty good. Now it's as sterile as it ever used to be, again.

I don't know where you are getting your information from, but the R8 wheelbase is an inch longer than the Huracan and is based on the same exact platform. Do you know I'm talking about the 2016 R8 and not the R8 V8 or race car variants? Again, the pre update R8 in stock form would spin its tires more easily than a 1200hp R8 in real life. I could power slide 75% of the Nurburgring before the update but now the car seems planted. Not sure why you keep defending the handling of the R8 pre-1.49
I'm not defending anything mate so back in your box. Just to be clear sliding cars isn't the fastest way round.

I don't like the new physics and you don't like a certain cars handling.

Chill the hell out.

5,000 online sport mode races in GT7, 97% of the cars, platinum trophy I mean the hell more can I do to offer some opinion? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I'm not defending anything mate so back in your box. Just to be clear sliding cars isn't the fastest way round.

I don't like the new physics and you don't like a certain cars handling.

Chill the hell out.

5,000 online sport mode races in GT7, 97% of the cars, platinum trophy I mean the hell more can I do to offer some opinion? 🤷‍♂️
I never said that sliding cars is the fastest way to drive. I'm saying that they either fixed the R8 this update through vehicle updates or from the physics engine making everything understeer. The solution that fixed the R8 just has me curious.

I never said that sliding cars is the fastest way to drive. I'm saying that they either fixed the R8 this update through vehicle updates or from the physics engine making everything understeer. The solution that fixed the R8 just has me curious.
Well you could have phrased your post better 👍

Like I alluded to its yin and yang. You drive a car a certain way and it's changed.

I competitively drive cars a certain way. It's an adjustment we all have to make.

The understeer is really bad, the solution is to brake earlier and have the grip. This is not rocket science. Brake earlier, learn some trail braking and go forth and conquer. Seriously, understeer is too fast for the grip available. Adjust mate.

Glad to see pd add stuff in the background that improves the experince, the update on sounds has been good change. The physics feels better than they ever has as well.

Latest Posts

Back