Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.26 is Now Available: Adds Road Atlanta and Car Selling Feature

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 943 comments
And how do you know this?
Its called common sense, a rare thing in 2022. But some still have it:

My impression is that this game is stillborn. These timid updates give me the answer that PD's focus is on GT8, on producing a new game dedicated to PS5 hardware.

I suspect that the GT7 was built on top of the PS4 as a safe way to make revenue, taking advantage of the huge installed base of this console, and to extend the production time of the Gran Turismo of PS5. After all, there's not the slightest justification for GT Sport to be released in 2017, and after five years, GT7 just looks like a GT Sport Director's Cut, with two dozen new cars and four more circuits. This doesn't make any sense. It was five years of production between GT Sport and GT7!

Remembering that the GT6 was launched in 2013 and the GT Sport in 2017. Two totally different games graphically! That is to say, in four years PD produced a great cast of Gr.3, Gr.1, Gr.4 cars and new tracks, such as Kyoto, Maggiore, Blue Moon, Broad Bean, Dragon Trail etc.

So, in other words about the current situation, this means that they produced a lot of content during the GT7 release window, but, it infers, that this content is being held back for GT8.

In the current commercial climate, I think it would be a heavy blow to Sony's marketing to have one of its biggest franchises be graphically inferior to Assetto Corsa 2 and Forza Motorsport 8. The GT franchise has always had the commercial image of being "the racing game" on consoles.
This thing is a desaster and companies dont invest any more resources into something that is dead on arrival.

Last edited:
With these three cars there will have been 25 update cars so far. They are:

1 x BMW
1 x Mazda
1 x Mclaren
1 x Pontiac
1 x Volkswagen
1 x Roadster Shop
2 x Subaru
2 x Ford
2 x Maserati
3 x Porsche
4 x Suzuki
5 x Nissan

Which in terms of US/Europe/Asia is

13 x Asia
9 x Europe
3 x USA

So it's certainly fair to say North American models have been shafted a bit, and 36% of them come from just two marques.

the cars in this update seem better but can we stop with the Japanese cars and Porsches
Two of three aren't Japanese cars... what's wrong with a trifecta of US, Japanese and Euro in one update? 🤷‍♂️

That said, I do wonder the point of ANOTHER Silvia, when they could be adding to the lesser-populated Japanese manufacturers, like Lexus. Mitsubishi and Subaru. Hell even some new random Daihatsu or Suzuki kei cars like the Mira, Sirion, or Jimny would be more interesting than another variant of the Silvia family! I mean, I'll still be buying the "new" Silvia, but I doubt it'll get much use...

Right. I think that translates into English as "I found it in my rectal passage".

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Certainly for the first couple of months at least you'd have expected the content to be already finished, what with QA requirements and plain old good planning. But six months after? Entirely possible they're releasing stuff they finished working on after release, or even that was started after release given that cars take three months. And we can all see from the event creator that it takes less than six months to make an event, and they've released several of those.

So if you want to make the statement then prove it. Or just change your signature to "I lie uncontrollably".
This thing is a desaster and companies dont invest any more resources into something that is dead on arrival.
Often true, but worse games than GT7 have had significant work put into them and have gone on to be successful. Cyberpunk 2077 being the obvious example, but also No Man's Sky, Final Fantasy XIV, Diablo 3, Street Fighter V, and the list goes on. It's rare, but sometimes companies do stick with a product that was bad on release.

Just change your sig, it'll be faster for everyone.

Talking absolute nonsense mate. We literally have a datamine from earlier this year and have seen cars launch in the past few months that weren't on it. They're very much obviously actively working on new content.

Why the quantity of updates is so small is obviously a problem but we're past the point now where everything is a drip feed from held back content.

With these three cars there will have been 25 update cars so far. They are:

1 x BMW
1 x Mazda
1 x Mclaren
1 x Pontiac
1 x Volkswagen
1 x Roadster Shop
2 x Subaru
2 x Ford
2 x Maserati
3 x Porsche
4 x Suzuki
5 x Nissan

Which in terms of US/Europe/Asia is

13 x Asia
9 x Europe
3 x USA

So it's certainly fair to say North American models have been shafted a bit, and 36% of them come from just two marques.
To be fair, PD/Sony is a Japanese company, and there's been nothing new that's even sporty from Detroit other than the C8 Corvette and the Challenger that PD hasn't included in the last decade.

To be fair, PD/Sony is a Japanese company, and there's been nothing new that's even sporty from Detroit other than the C8 Corvette and the Challenger that PD hasn't included in the last decade.
Agreed. They'd have to go back to pre-1975 USA cars for the interesting ones. As a whole, the 1980's cars were crap.

Don't think I write the whole word.But put in an A there the dot is
Weird.

For reference "crap" is not a filtered word. If it were it would be censored in full. Censoring only a part of it would be bypassing that filter - and earn you some private interaction from the site staff.

Either type it out and let the filter do its job, fully censor it yourself, or don't post it. Anything else is just... well, crap.

[/PSA]

Last edited:

Yup. GT7 in a nutshell. A disgusting, manipulative, psychologically twisted engagement system.

But they have been doing this for quite a while already. Daily GT6 XP login bonuses were the start. And it's only going to go downhill from here in current day until they sink the sales figures.

The players want a race game. Not a manipulative stress simulator 😂

The cars form this update looks good, gald to see the Sierra, "new" BMW and another one Silvia but in this case is the facelift version what i love.

Just 3 cars for a 25th anniversary update is not the best enough, i hope for more something substancial for the content of the game and an original circuit or smething like that.

Last edited:
I really like having to [...] re-tune all my cars after every update.
thanos.gif

Really don't care the short car package.
They could put like 100 cars, it would be nice for the fans of some of those cars in specific, but still would be a collectors point of view satisfaction.
Could be 100 cars, we wouldn't have anything to do with them apart from creating liveries and custom races...

The cars form this update looks good, gald to see the Sierra, "new" BMW and another one Silvia but in this case is the facelift version what i love.

Just 3 cars for a 25th anniversary update is not the best enough, i hope for more something substancial for the content of the game and an original circuit or smething like that.
Guess for the 100th anniversary, the players will get 6 cars :lol: ;):P

Cyberpunk 2077 being the obvious example, but also No Man's Sky, Final Fantasy XIV, Diablo 3, Street Fighter V
Intentionally not mentioning the fact that these games were all improved soon after launch, are we?

Also, all of the above had an actual roadmap. Communication. PR. Also nonexistent for GT7.

We are six months into this mess.

Talking absolute nonsense mate. We literally have a datamine from earlier this year and have seen cars launch in the past few months that weren't on it. They're very much obviously actively working on new content.

Why the quantity of updates is so small is obviously a problem but we're past the point now where everything is a drip feed from held back content.
Thank you for bringing this up again. Datamining is NOT a roadmap. Many times on other games, stuff that has been seen in Datamining never materialized.

So, to get things straight: you guys believe, that after six months of PD refusing to work, this game will suddenly see a patch of ginormous impact? GT7 2.0? Penalties, economics, Balance of performance, lobbies, Café.. All will be solved? You do believe that? A new single player campaign that actually is a single player campaign, six months after launch? And all that without a single word of PR? Just as a surprise?

Thank you for bringing this up again. Datamining is NOT a roadmap. Many times on other games, stuff that has been seen in Datamining never materialized.

So, to get things straight: you guys believe, that after six months of PD refusing to work, this game will suddenly see a patch of ginormous impact? GT7 2.0? Penalties, economics, Balance of performance, lobbies, Café.. All will be solved? You do believe that? A new single player campaign that actually is a single player campaign, six months after launch? And all that without a single word of PR? Just as a surprise?
Completely missed my point in regards to the datamine, so good job there. I'm not talking about there beings things IN the datamine that don't materialise. I'm talking about the opposite.

For things to have materialised that are NOT in the datamine, it infers that work has started on them since the data was leaked. Ergo, it's not only pre release content they are drip feeding.

And for your second point, no, nobody said anything of the sort. But I'm sure it was nice for you to project that onto people so you can make yourself feel a bit more superior - I'm sure you needed it.

I like the lineup of cars on the way. Of course like others I hope for more races, game modes etc such as:

- Drag racing: They already have the framework for it from mission challenges. 🤷‍♂️

- More customization options: Seats, steering wheels, gauges, interior colors.

I enjoy the game and all, but I'm not gonna lose any peace in life if the update isn't what I wish.

Back