Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.26 is Now Available: Adds Road Atlanta and Car Selling Feature

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 943 comments

Wish videos like these were directly in the game. Remember when they partnered with Best Motoring and Top Gear and didn't really utilize it? Bleh

Watching this is a great example of teaching new people about the car. I always generally knew what they were and the basics, but hearing the details, like that "useless" extra fuel rail is just so awesome. And so the information takes a car that people might feel indifferent to or never heard of and get them excited to use in the game and prove why it deserves to be just as much as any other car.

Am I the only one who thinks the RS500 is ugly? :confused:
View attachment 1209695
I think it ain’t ugly nor beautiful, it has a more practical approach, Bit these kind of cars are often the best candidates for getting a sporty overhaul in the likes of this Sierra, the Lancia Delta or Toyota Trueno, it just has a different kind of coolness to it.

But if theres something ugly for me on the Sierra, then it’s the tiny rims, that’s the first I would change when I buy it in GT

And supposedly even more FOMO incoming.

If there was at least one update without some disappointment...

At the current rate of underwhelming updates we get month after month, don’t they first need to add something interesting before we can speak of FOMO? What could be in the game that could be FOMO? Maybe they will remove the Dior crap from the LCD? LOL

Already one more with the VGT Ferrari. not sure if its going to be all that, but its maybe going to be Gr1 and based a bit on the 499P.
Not going to lie the Sierra Cosworth is going to be good, the Mercedes is one of my all time favorites but another Silvia? Hopefully its something better.. Its the 25th anniversary. My marriages don't even last a decade so cmon, they should celebrate this with a couple more huge drops!

Attachments

• FiGmrUGWYAQBA5D.jpeg
    FiGmrUGWYAQBA5D.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 10
  • FiGmrqbXwAADTwB.jpeg
    FiGmrqbXwAADTwB.jpeg
    5.3 KB · Views: 10
  • FiGpudyWAAAGK3m.jpeg
    FiGpudyWAAAGK3m.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 9
But then PD will have to come up with something worthwhile to shove into the tickets.
Cars we can already buy in Brand Central are in the roulettes (and I’ve got quite a few GR.4, GR.3, and Renault Clio duplicates). So, why not S parts and Engines? Their purpose of being in the roulette would be a chance at getting the part for free, not the ONLY way to get them. They need to be purchasable. Besides, most of the time you’re getting 10,000 in credits from the tickets which is far from worthwhile.
(BTW, I do understand your joke) :)

Intentionally not mentioning the fact that these games were all improved soon after launch, are we?

Also, all of the above had an actual roadmap. Communication. PR. Also nonexistent for GT7.

We are six months into this mess.
Are you going for the world record in the 100m goalpost sprint?

All of which is irrelevant to proving the following statement wrong.
This thing is a desaster and companies dont invest any more resources into something that is dead on arrival.
Companies do invest resources into games that were dead on arrival. As you noted, they do so by doing things that Polyphony and Gran Turismo have mostly chosen not to do. Although shortly after launch there was in fact both communication and a rudimentary roadmap.

As far as "soon after launch", let's have a look at Final Fantasy XIV - my favourite example of a trash fire of a game that turned itself around. The 1.0 version was released September 2010, and was pretty much immediately panned. That version of the game kept going until November 2012, and while improvements were made it was a garbage game right up until the servers were shut down. After that the alpha servers for 2.0/ARR came up, but the "fixed" version of the game wouldn't release until August 2013. 2.0 was okay, but it was basically just a WoW knockoff with Final Fantasy flavour. It wasn't until the expansions (Heavensward released June 2015 and is the first part of the game that was considered truly exceptional) that the game would really start to take off, to the point where in 2022 it's probably the best current MMORPG.

That's nearly three years to get from initial release to a game that was not hot garbage. And five years to get to being a real competitor with the leaders of the genre. In nobody's world is that "soon after launch".

Now, I don't think Polyphony are doing what Squeenix did, for a bunch of reasons. But you seem intent on making false statements to "prove" something that is pretty evident to anyone watching the game - that Polyphony is not terribly invested in making any major changes or improvements to the game. That's just Polyphony being Polyphony.

Just update your signature. Don't be shy, be proud of your verisimilitudinal disability.

Oh well, I won't complain about the Cossie and the M2 Competition is quite interesting.

They can **** right off with adding yet another Silvia, the game has more than enough Silvias and it's infuriating to see more being added instead of cars that should be here day one but aren't(ehem...Chiron).

And are they just not adding any more tracks at all? Or at least expanding the weather of their original tracks? That's ********

Back