Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.26 is Now Available: Adds Road Atlanta and Car Selling Feature

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 943 comments
Maintenance notice is up

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20221122030935.png
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221122030935.png
    88 KB · Views: 11
Am I weird if I actually am excited about the Silvia? There are never too many JDM classics in a GT game if you ask me, lol.

The real star is the Sierra Cosworth though, obviously.
There’s no shame in liking the Silvia, it’s just more an issue that it’s a “repeat” car, when there’s soooo many other JDM vehicles that aren’t currently represented. Autozam, City Turbo, CRX, NB & NC generation Miatas, Cosmo, MX-3, FTO, Pajero EVO, Galant/Legnum, Starion, Pulsar GTI-R, Stagea, SVX, Legacy GT, Alto Works, Celica Supra, 4th & 5th Gen Celicas, BEAMS Celica, Caldina, Sera, 90’s 2j Crown Wagon, Century, Soarer, and Chaser are all unique JDM cars that offer something different to another Silvia. Even an older S10 Silvia or even a GTST/25T Skyline would offer more variance.

It’s entirely likely that this car shares a lot of parts with the existing in-game cars that reduces the work load on the modeling team, and that’s why we’re getting this S14. And while that could be so, and it would make it more understandable, it’s still a bit frustrating that we’re getting a near-duplicate with such low monthly output compared to the last game.

Last edited:
There’s no shame in liking the Silvia, it’s just more an issue that it’s a “repeat” car, when there’s soooo many other JDM vehicles that aren’t currently represented. Autozam, City Turbo, CRX, NB & NC generation Miatas, Cosmo, MX-3, FTO, Pajero EVO, Galant/Legnum, Starion, Pulsar GTI-R, Stagea, SVX, Legacy GT, Alto Works, Celica Supra, 4th & 5th Gen Celicas, BEAMS Celica, Caldina, Sera, 90’s 2j Crown Wagon, Century, Soarer, and Chaser are all unique JDM cars that offer something different to another Silvia. Even an older S10 Silvia or even a GTST/25T Skyline would offer more variance.

It’s entirely likely that this car shares a lot of parts that reduces the work load on the modeling team, and that’s why we’re getting this S14. And while that could be so, it’s still a bit frustrating that we’re getting a near-duplicate with such low monthly output compared to the last game.
The bolded is why I have a slight issue with that car being included, if we were getting 5-10 cars like in GT Sport then I wouldn't mind but when 1/3 of the new cars is basically a slight reskin it can be abit frustrating. Luckily the Sierra and BMW are brand new cars so it's not too bad and if you're a fan of that particular Silvia then I guess it's a plus. Though this would've been the perfect opportunity for PD to include a iconic car from the series, none of which are in this DLC.

Seeing as the XJ220 is going to be included at some point; this would've been the perfect time to include it as one of the regular cars and have the "25th anniversary car" be a XJ220 made to look like the XJ220 LM from previous GT games.
hqdefault.jpg

Compared to some other games that are out there, I find it pretty tame.
Does that make it acceptable? Not really. In the modern age of gaming,(and I started in the mid/late 1980's) it seems companies have lost sight of what actually makes a great product. And instead wants to focus on live services and engagement.

Both of these operating practices can negatively impact the gaming experience. GT7 is a broken, buggy, infinitely incomplete mess due to the former. Has too slow and boring a levelling mechanic and manipulative psychological elements due to the latter.

Your standards of what's acceptable are definitely much lower than mine.

Does that make it acceptable? Not really. In the modern age of gaming,(and I started in the mid/late 1980's) it seems companies have lost sight of what actually makes a great product. And instead wants to focus on live services and engagement.

Both of these operating practices can negatively impact the gaming experience. GT7 is a broken, buggy, infinitely incomplete mess due to the former. Has too slow and boring a levelling mechanic and manipulative psychological elements due to the latter.

Your standards of what's acceptable are definitely much lower than mine.
GT7 may not be perfect but it's not an online gambling website or a Pay to Win mobile game. Both of those things are EXTREMELY predatory and lead to real mental health problems. I don't think GT7 is like that; you don't NEED to spend extra money on the game to get all the content. It definitely speeds up the process but it is NOT essential if you want to win all the events. GT7 isn't broken, it's just flawed with some questionable design decisions.

Two of three aren't Japanese cars... what's wrong with a trifecta of US, Japanese and Euro in one update? 🤷‍♂️

That said, I do wonder the point of ANOTHER Silvia, when they could be adding to the lesser-populated Japanese manufacturers, like Lexus. Mitsubishi and Subaru. Hell even some new random Daihatsu or Suzuki kei cars like the Mira, Sirion, or Jimny would be more interesting than another variant of the Silvia family! I mean, I'll still be buying the "new" Silvia, but I doubt it'll get much use...
Because half of the cars introduced in all the updates have been Japanese, and most are just another gtr, silvia, or miata. There are plenty of American and Euro cars that deserve love also

It’s entirely likely that this car shares a lot of parts that reduces the work load on the modeling team, and that’s why we’re getting this S14. And while that could be so and it would make it more understandable, it’s still a bit frustrating that we’re getting a near-duplicate with such low monthly output compared to the last game.
Exactly

There's so much better iconic Japanese car, I rather wait to get a Nismo 400R or Nismo GTR-LM then another Silvia.

SilEighty 1998
Silvia S13 Qs 1988
Silvia S13 Ks Dia Selection 1990
Silvia S14 Ks Type S 1994
Silvia S15 Spec R Aero 2002

Is more than enough, and it's really frustrating to get another Silvia again.

Looking at the picture, I tough it was going to be the Mercedes 190E Evo II that would have been great with the Ford Sierra

A lot of ppl were happy to create a custom DTM championship.

But no... PD had to be lazy.

The bolded is why I have a slight issue with that car being included, if we were getting 5-10 cars like in GT Sport then I wouldn't mind but when 1/3 of the new cars is basically a slight reskin it can be abit frustrating. Luckily the Sierra and BMW are brand new cars so it's not too bad and if you're a fan of that particular Silvia then I guess it's a plus. Though this would've been the perfect opportunity for PD to include a iconic car from the series, none of which are in this DLC.

Seeing as the XJ220 is going to be included at some point; this would've been the perfect time to include it as one of the regular cars and have the "25th anniversary car" be a XJ220 made to look like the XJ220 LM from previous GT games.
hqdefault.jpg
Exactly

An anniversary car :

GT1 : TVR Cerbera or TVR Griffiths
GT2 : Lotus Elise GT1 or the Jaguar XJ220 or Toyota GTONE road version

There's absolutely nothing anniversary about this update.

The December update will bring the S15 spec S and the S15 varietta
Nope, we will get all 3 version of a Mazda Mx-5 EU/JP/US

Exactly

An anniversary car :

GT1 : TVR Cerbera or TVR Griffiths
GT2 : Lotus Elise GT1 or the Jaguar XJ220 or Toyota GTONE road version

There's absolutely nothing anniversary about this update.
Those are all very good cars for a proper anniversary car.

I mentioned the XJ220 specifically seeing as it had the most likely chance of appearing due to being on the latest datamine list meaning that it will appear at some point and that anyone who played any of the previous numbered GT games would instantly recognize the XJ220 LM seeing as it IMO is one of the most iconic cars in the series + PD would have killed 2 birds with 1 stone as they could have included the roadcar as a "standard" DLC car and made minor adjustments to the model to make it look like the LM Edition and even placed it in Gr.3 which i'm sure no one would have complained about. It definitely would have been a much bigger difference than the 2 S14s.

Do you realize that will just shift the heat from the Silvia to the Skyline/GT-R (which was a frequent recipient of "dupe car" heat in the past)?
To be fair those are pretty different from the base R33, especially the GTR-LM, and I honestly I don't know enough about the S14 to know just how different the new one is but it doesn't seem all that much of a difference.

To be fair those are pretty different from the base R33, especially the GTR-LM, and I honestly I don't know enough about the S14 to know just how different the new one is but it doesn't seem all that much of a difference.
Dude, its a freakin Nissan Skyline. And we already have a dozen of those.

I'm a BMW fan, I can tell you the 330i with the N52B25 engine is VERY different than a 330i with a N52B30 engine. Also, the 335i either comes with N54 single turbo or N55 twin-scroll turbo (not a twin turbo, different exhaust gas management). But in the end, its a BMW 3 series named 335i. And thats it. No one cares about which model had the interior with leathered door inlays OR no leathered door inlays.

Last edited:
GT7 may not be perfect but it's not an online gambling website or a Pay to Win mobile game. Both of those things are EXTREMELY predatory and lead to real mental health problems. I don't think GT7 is like that; you don't NEED to spend extra money on the game to get all the content. It definitely speeds up the process but it is NOT essential if you want to win all the events. GT7 isn't broken, it's just flawed with some questionable design decisions.
So it's a slap in the face and not a few punches. Hardly a ringing endorsement. "It's only a little bit predatory".

Last edited:
Intentionally not mentioning the fact that these games were all improved soon after launch, are we?

Also, all of the above had an actual roadmap. Communication. PR. Also nonexistent for GT7.
No Man's Sky developers went radio silent for months before dropping the first update and there was never any roadmap for it. Cyberpunk 2077 had a roadmap with dates they missed for months. Street Fighter V had to patch a damn arcade mode months after launch. FFXIV was literally unlaunched because of how bad player reception was.

If you think GT7 is anywhere close to those games then your judgment is majorly clouded. You might not like the decisions they took with the campaign or other aspects but it's a content-rich game with hundreds of cars, dozens of tracks, smooth performance... not much more you can ask for.

Exactly

There's so much better iconic Japanese car, I rather wait to get a Nismo 400R or Nismo GTR-LM then another Silvia.

SilEighty 1998
Silvia S13 Qs 1988
Silvia S13 Ks Dia Selection 1990
Silvia S14 Ks Type S 1994
Silvia S15 Spec R Aero 2002

Is more than enough, and it's really frustrating to get another Silvia again.

Looking at the picture, I tough it was going to be the Mercedes 190E Evo II that would have been great with the Ford Sierra

A lot of ppl were happy to create a custom DTM championship.

But no... PD had to be lazy.
You forgot the 1996 180SX Type X, the European version of the Silvia a sister car to the Silvia off the same platform (and do note the year).
For once, PP changes haven't been mentioned in the maintenance notes. So here's hoping they don't try to keep tweaking the physics.
It's there, but in the same false-flag "event requirements" verbiage that was in one of the previous maintenance notices that preceded an all-car PP change instead of the mentioned event requirements PP change.

Last edited:
Back