Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.36 Now Available: Adds Four Cars Including GR Corolla

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,229 comments

What's your favorite car in 1.36 (by any criteria you wish)?

• Chevrolet Corvette C1 '58

Votes: 50 20.1%
  • Maserati MC20 '20

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Toyota GR Corolla Morizo '22

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Toyota Himedic Ambulance '21

Votes: 72 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can change the lights?!
Happy Oh Yeah GIF by Afta Hill

There may well be many a PD/GT7 critic like this shortly...
(Replace 'Lloyd' with 'Polyphony Digital')

-

And I got a Pagani Huayra engine from the 6* ticket as well...

Proud Emma Stone GIF

Last edited:
People generally seem happy when a useless ambulance gets added with multiple authentic sirens and alarms. Useful Skyline R32 got added with an equally authentic speed warning chime, and this attention to detail mostly caused frustration. ****ed up world we live in.
I mean you also live in a world where people start fights...over trading cards. So yeah....

People generally seem happy when a useless ambulance gets added with multiple authentic sirens and alarms. Useful Skyline R32 got added with an equally authentic speed warning chime, and this attention to detail mostly caused frustration.
Difference being the sirens can be turned off.

I mean you also live in a world where people start fights...over trading cards. So yeah....
Role models, apparently.
Difference being the sirens can be turned off.
It was not possible to switch off the speed warning chime on the real R32 unless you physically disconnected it. So not being able to turn it off in GT7 is reasonable.

The sound of a fully tuned ambulance with the cockpit perspective is better than some racing cars in the game and it takes a little less than 11 minutes for the longest nordschleife variation :D
this was the 1st thing i did too.. :lol:

Could someone please lobby PD to next give us control button for the emergency lights.

They can already assign 3 different functions to one button so it shouldn't be that hard to code extra function to an existing button.

I was already excited for the ambulance, but I wasn’t expecting it to completely surpass my expectations.

• Tunable?
  • Not limited to one-make races?
  • Widebody option?
  • Insanely detailed interior that can be examined in VR?
  • Makes 7 ambulance noises????

Absolute utility. Hands down best meme car in series history. I love it.
Could someone please lobby PD to next give us control button for the emergency lights.

They can already assign 3 different functions to one button so it shouldn't be that hard to code extra function to an existing button.
Given 4WD cars have F/R torque split settings in the MFD that aren’t present on 2WD cars, I think it’d be a reasonably easy addition to have for cars with light bars and/or sirens. That way you don’t have to sacrifice too many input buttons to get all the sounds.

People generally seem happy when a useless ambulance gets added with multiple authentic sirens and alarms. Useful Skyline R32 got added with an equally authentic speed warning chime, and this attention to detail mostly caused frustration. ****ed up world we live in.
Why stop at speed warning chimes? Hit them with all batteries and add a door opening chime, or a warning if your car's in park.

That way someone can complain PD codes a door chime that beeps to the tune of Moon over the Castle. For example.

Sorry, I don’t have access to the game, how was this done?
If you want to drive the ambulance you can only race against other ambulances, but it seems it can still be added to a grid if you're driving something else. Weird behavior.

Fixed for you... We will never see a 296 "GTE", the GTE class is dead. In the IMSA series they have already focused on the GTD class alone, made up of GT3s only as we know (with the exception of the Corvette C8 which is actually still based on the C8 GTE, it's true... but next year debuts the C8 Z06 GT3.R, a proper GT3 car), and the LMGT3 class will be in the WEC from next year.
didn't know there was a difference between gt3 and gte

Love the ambulance, but disappointed that its one-make only for custom races. Any chance this will change in the future? I wanna add it to my "Traffic" custom races....

Yes it makes it a little bit harder for my son. But still even that custom races are lacking qualifyings, 24h settings, and other stuff you can do in other games.

But to set the liveries and driver names and stuff is something some other games don't offer.

Still I would love if they improve the AI. It's always slowing down after a while, letting my son win. And at some tracks like LeMans or Nordschleife, some cars don't pit and destroy their whole race. Very bad at Nordschleife where all cars except the McLarens pit every lap, while the McLarens just every two laps, making it too easy and too predictable. You can let them start at the end they will still finish on top.

And that's the fixed version by an update a few months ago, where all other AI Cars except the McLaren, didn't pit and went without fuel. That was a mess. Still to easy and predictable.
have you tried making it harder for him by getting him to use an underpowered car..? its hilariously fun doing the 700pp Championship in a MkI Golf at 640pp.. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm curious about the HiMedic's Japanese audio messages.

Does anyone know the translation?

Last edited:

They're very hard to make out, but I think the left/right indicators are something like "The ambulance is turning left/right, please take care". Hazards on/off and headlight flash are just garbled, but it's likely to be something similar: ambulance is approaching/stopping etc.

Here's what I hear in game:

hazard lights on
交差点に進入します。ご注意下さい。
(Enter the intersection. Be careful.)

hazard lights off
ご協力ありがとうございました。
(Thank you for your cooperation.)

flashing headlights
救急車が通ります。進路を譲って下さい。
(An ambulance passes by. Please give way.)

left turn signal
左へ曲がります。ご注意下さい。
(Turn left. Be careful.)

right turn signal
右へ曲がります。ご注意下さい。
(Turn right. Be careful.)

If I have left out any, please let me know. ;)

Last edited:
For those curious, I've made a video showing the Himedic in VR Showroom mode, with some gameplay and 4K replay footage too:

Awesome, thanks for sharing that with those of us who don't have VR. The modelled emergency bed is a nice touch! The main thing that stood out to me when driving it through Tokyo was the sound when going through the tunnels. They have really nailed that echo sound for engines, horns, and now sirens/broadcasts. It's really cool..

have you tried making it harder for him by getting him to use an underpowered car..? its hilariously fun doing the 700pp Championship in a MkI Golf at 640pp.. :lol:
Yes he doesn't like that. He watches the GTWC and stuff with me and wants to have some kind of that cars. The LeMans League that I have in mind could provide something like that

Latest Posts

Back