Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.36 Now Available: Adds Four Cars Including GR Corolla

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,229 comments

What's your favorite car in 1.36 (by any criteria you wish)?

• Chevrolet Corvette C1 '58

Votes: 50 20.1%
  • Maserati MC20 '20

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Toyota GR Corolla Morizo '22

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Toyota Himedic Ambulance '21

Votes: 72 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man I can't wait to drive that mc20

I updated it as soon as it came out ... but had no money to buy the car.

It's not even expensive...

But there isn't a single race that interests me enough to even try .
Shame when I have the wheel peddles n vr all set up .
So just sat playing other games thinking maybe next month... Next month they will add a new race to grind because am all grinded out .
It's very very sad that the simplest of fixs and they just never do it.

Just add more races that pay as well as the top three

It's so not hard
While I don't disagree with your point, there is an online time trial using specifically this car.

Man I can't wait to drive that mc20

I updated it as soon as it came out ... but had no money to buy the car.

It's not even expensive...

But there isn't a single race that interests me enough to even try .
Shame when I have the wheel peddles n vr all set up .
So just sat playing other games thinking maybe next month... Next month they will add a new race to grind because am all grinded out .
It's very very sad that the simplest of fixs and they just never do it.

Just add more races that pay as well as the top three

It's so not hard
It’s so not hard to set up a custom race to use it. A member just made up an SRO GT2 grid with various sports cars, including the MC20. Pretty dang cool. Using the imagination can open up plenty uses for all the cars in the game.

It’s funny, I snapped this picture July 8th, not knowing what would happen a month later.
20970065454503601.jpg

I bet people would get mad if they added my dad's car, the Nissan Primera (1998 model).
No I'd be happy with that too, just hope they don't lock it behind another world series events or something.

I honestly hate that we have to wait for the Ambulance and the GR Corolla, I don't mind the cars but it's ridiculous that they add these on august but we have to wait for awhile to actually have fun with them. At least we already get the ambulance now. Hopefully this won't become a habit.

I honestly hate that we have to wait for the Ambulance and the GR Corolla, I don't mind the cars but it's ridiculous that they add these on august but we have to wait for awhile to actually have fun with them. At least we already get the ambulance now. Hopefully this won't become a habit.
While waiting is annoying, my bigger worry with the events is if PD ever decide that just early access isn't enough incentive, and go full limited-time gacha with it and make these campaigns the only way to get certain new cars in the future.

Is GR Corolla unlocked after doing practice lap on 27th?
No:
You need to have entered - even if you score zero - a race at any round of the Toyota GR GT Cup at all. If you haven't done that yet, you'll need to enter a race in round seven.

If you're registered on the points ranking on the official site, in ANY round, you'll get the car.
Anyone who has entered any race in any of those rounds already will have a points ranking and receive the car. If you haven't done that and want to win the car for free you'll have to enter a race in round seven, which is the one that actually uses the GR Corolla itself. This takes place on August 27th.

True GT fans know that PD adds weird cars to their games. And that's what makes it unique. Sometimes people get bored of driving supercars, sports cars, racecars, etc and they want to drive something different and weird so I am very happy with the ambulance. If anything, we need more weird vehicles. I want to see the Tesla Semi truck in a GT game
…. True GT fans know that Polyphony adds whatever Toyota wants regardless of its suitability or quality. At this point it is expected that we will get any old rubbish as long as it’s made by Toyota/Nissan. Polyphony is just an extension of their marketing department and it makes me cringe.

…. True GT fans know that Polyphony adds whatever Toyota wants regardless of its suitability or quality. At this point it is expected that we will get any old rubbish as long as it’s made by Toyota/Nissan. Polyphony is just an extension of their marketing department and it makes me cringe.
In this case, I would love to see the new 2023 Prius make an appearance. Have you seen it? It looks quite nice, doesn't it?

Why would someone be interested to drive an ambulance???? In a sim racer!!!
Come on PD, what's next? A bulldozer? A chariot?
Last time I checked, you can drive an ambulance in real life, so it seems perfectly fine to assume you can simulate driving one too?

It's a lot of fun. Consider trying it, instead of crying on the internet and throwing your toys out the pram instantly.

1692731916422.png

Last time I checked, you can drive an ambulance in real life, so it seems perfectly fine to assume you can simulate driving one too?

It's a lot of fun. Consider trying it, instead of crying on the internet and throwing your toys out the pram instantly.
If you can find, any, I mean any, amount of fun from driving an ambulance, fine by me! I still consider it as a joke!

By the way...Are you some kind of Roman censor? Next time I will ask you before I express any criticism over PD's choices.

If you can find, any, I mean any, amount of fun from driving an ambulance, fine by me! I still consider it as a joke!

By the way...Are you some kind of Roman censor? Next time I will ask you before I express any criticism over PD's choices.
Perhaps, but either way I'd recommend trying things before you cry about them. You'll find there's a lot more to enjoy in life that way.
The ambulance is a very heavy vehicle - and aside from the quirky sirens/indicators that are fun to mess around in with lobbies, it provides a masterclass in maintaining momentum, using its weight to carry a fast line through a track in lieu of its power deficits.

Every type of car is fun, and has its place in a game like Gran Turismo. To think otherwise, is to think the franchise is something it is not. And that is your own issue, not ours.

Back