Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.36 Now Available: Adds Four Cars Including GR Corolla

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,229 comments

What's your favorite car in 1.36 (by any criteria you wish)?

• Chevrolet Corvette C1 '58

Votes: 50 20.1%
  • Maserati MC20 '20

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Toyota GR Corolla Morizo '22

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Toyota Himedic Ambulance '21

Votes: 72 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No I'd be happy with that too, just hope they don't lock it behind another world series events or something.

I honestly hate that we have to wait for the Ambulance and the GR Corolla, I don't mind the cars but it's ridiculous that they add these on august but we have to wait for awhile to actually have fun with them. At least we already get the ambulance now. Hopefully this won't become a habit.
They're trying to do everything they can to incentivize people to care about the eSports aspect. Truth is even dangling a couple toyotas around it isn't enough for 90 percent of the player base to care. A lot of people simply don't care about any of it at all, myself included. I only watched the videos for 30 seconds before quitting. Luckily that was enough to get the ambulance.

sad Toyota Sera noises

Darla why should casuals stop playing sims? ( as this is a GT thread we assume you mean GT) if casuals cannot play then how does one begin in the first place? Your condescending attitude to first timers is not useful to anyone. There will be many “ casuals” who are faster and more talented than either of us. Be cool man😎

Last time I checked, you can drive an ambulance in real life, so it seems perfectly fine to assume you can simulate driving one too?

It's a lot of fun. Consider trying it, instead of crying on the internet and throwing your toys out the pram instantly.

View attachment 1282085
Really?

Last edited by a moderator:
People still crying over the ambulance?? Just remember that the prior month we got one the most radical modern hypercars (AM Valkyrie); getting only super and hyper cars is even more boring than getting an ambulance IMHO
I disagree, but I am biased as I am a sport player and only want to race. I am sure a field of ambulances would be entertaining but we all remember the alphard raceA debacle. I have platinumed the game but only for pride, I ONLY play sport mode now and very much enjoyed the Valkyrie time trial.

Darla why should casuals stop playing sims? ( as this is a GT thread we assume you mean GT) if casuals cannot play then how does one begin in the first place? Your condescending attitude to first timers is not useful to anyone. There will be many “ casuals” who are faster and more talented than either of us. Be cool man😎

Really?
..Really what?

Your really going to reply like that? It is simply an alternative opinion.
Yeah. A kneejerk opinion based on absolutely nothing other than a first glance, published for us all to see whilst they paint everyone with the same brush and assume none of us care for that type of content.

It's no less childish than a toddler crying because they didn't get what they want at the toystore. I'm not going to back down on challenging something like that.

Last edited:
I disagree, but I am biased as I am a sport player and only want to race. I am sure a field of ambulances would be entertaining but we all remember the alphard raceA debacle. I have platinumed the game but only for pride, I ONLY play sport mode now and very much enjoyed the Valkyrie time trial.
if an ambulance gets to you that much, maybe ACC is the toy cot you should be playing in...

Yeah. A kneejerk opinion based on absolutely nothing other than a first glance, published for us all to see whilst they paint everyone with the same brush and assume none of us care for that type of content.

It's no less childish than a toddler crying because they didn't get what they want at the toystore. I'm not going to back down on challenging something like that.
All true but you are the one using derogatory language and insults, can’t we all just get along? 🤣

Not if this shows up in the next update
20970392408519696.jpg

I'm still waiting to receive my ambulance, but I find the mixed reception to it very interesting.

On one hand, the GT series always had its fair share of oddball cars. I'd even argue that they are an integral part of the soul of GT. I'm looking forward to trying out the ambulance for the first time, but I doubt I'll drive it for more than 10km before it goes back into the garage to collect dust, not unlike an Aston Martin Valkyrie or an AMG GT3 '20.

While oddball cars have always had a place in GT, I think that as the games strive more and more towards realism, they've lost the feel of a fun game to play. The vast majority of in–game races task the players to enter an obscenely overpowered car to overcome a 45 second deficit to the race leader within 5 laps or so, which pigeon holes players into choosing the select few "good" cars to win. Hitting the unpredictable AI cars loses a third of the race winnings, and hitting walls results in a 5 second penalty on top of the slowdown from hitting said wall, all while incurring damage. It deeply deincentivises fooling around and experimentation, and demands perfection from its players. Such a gameplay style is at a total tonal clash with having a playable ambulance, and that's even before we consider the fact that it's only eligible for one–make races in custom races, and gosh knows how many World Circuits events it can actually enter, let alone be viable in.

Back in the earlier GT titles, races were a closely contested standing start, and skilled players could choose off kilter picks to challenge themselves. Mistakes like hitting the AI cars or walls weren't punished at all. There was less consequence for suboptimal play, and therefore there was less funneling players into a competitive car. There was more room to experiment, play, and fool around. Winning a late–game race populated by high powered tuning monsters or bona fide racecars with a car that one could see on the street frequently was a trophy worth more than anything the developers could've ever given a player.

Unfortunately, I seriously doubt this is possible with an ambulance.

This problem's extent doesn't just stop at oddball cars; it also encompasses the racecars people clamour for to be added in updates. As we've seen with the Skyline Super Silhouette and GR010, cars that aren't the quickest in Time Attack leaderboards are immediately ignored and forgotten, not unlike a HiMedic. Brands with multiple cars to represent them in Gr.3, such as Toyota and BMW, all have a single, undisputed fastest car, instead of cars with balanced strengths and weaknesses. In previous Gran Turismo games, winning a Castrol Supra was a big, joyous occasion that opened up so many different races with bigger rewards in the campaign. Seeing a Castrol Supra in my garage in GT7 makes me think, "eww, slow." Having an Escudo made me feel like an invincible king in GT2; having an Escudo in GT7 just makes me think, "urgh, I can't do ANYTHING with this!"

I don't have much time in a day to play GT7, if at all, and when I do get the chance to sit down in my rig, half an hour of playtime goes into one of the "big four" grind events, simply because cars are so expensive in GT7. And when I play a grind race, guess what kind of car I want for the chore. I'd obviously want the fastest car that can get the event over and done with the quickest.

Ultimately, any car that gets added into the game feels completely inconsequential unless it happens to be a personal favourite, because the game doesn't incentivise the use of a good 90% of its car list. I think the root cause of the "what am I supposed to do with X car?" and "Who asked for Y car?" comments stem from the game simply not being a very fun game.

Just use a script for grinding. Set it up in the morning when you leave for work/school and by the evening you'll have 10 million or so. Can buy and tune anything you want. You can just run custom races with your own rules. Once you get past the grind, the game becomes more of a sandbox like old GTs. Don't feel bad about "cheating" the system. You're basically skipping PD's artificial gatekeeping and just unlocking the true fun this game has without wasting hours and hours of your life. Remember you paid for this game to use the content, not pretend to have a second job.

(if the invite expired, google PSNProfiles GT7 discord)

Don't look at the online leaderboards either. There will always be meta cars but you can still have fun with lesser cars. Just enjoy the races for what it is instead of focusing on winning all the time. Let's put it this way, even if everyone uses the meta, there will still only be 1 winner. And for offline races, the AI is so slow anyway, the meta becomes even less important. Custom races with grid starts are where it's at ;)

Re: the ambulance. I haven't grinned this much seeing a new car since the Moon Rover in GT6. Sure I will only drive it once, fully tune it to see how fast it could go and then park it (except for photomode lulz), but weird cars have always been a part and charm of GT. From the Midget in GT2, Benz Patent Wagen in GT4, Schwimmwagen in GT5 and many others. You will never find cars like these in other games. Every other sim racing game has GT3 cars, and GT7 already has like 50 of them (many underused as you said). PD should fix the BOP first before adding new cars that just will get forgotten after one week because it's not the GR Supra.

Moar racing vans I say :D Hope all of these makes it to GT in the future (along with 296 GT3, Conti GT3, 720S GT3, 992 GT3 - see I'm not biased ;)).

True GT fans appreciate everything from a 2CV to FXXK. If you want a serious racing game focusing only on one specific racing series, loads of other game can do it. But only in GT you can ride an ambulance on a track without crashing first :lol:

Last edited:
But this is the kind of thing that makes Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo! Every single entry in the series has oddball vehicles included!
On the surface, it is more of what we have come to expect and love from GT, however when there is a Toyota badge involved I become more sceptical, the alphard, then the ambulance and Corolla. The oddballs that we know and love never wore a Toyota badge so consistently in the past……and we’re never current vehicles on sale at the time.

if an ambulance gets to you that much, maybe ACC is the toy cot you should be playing in...
What was about my calm and thoroughly explained answer that made you think I was angry? And please refrain from the passive aggressive insults, it doesn’t reflect well on you

Wow! Is it getting cold in here? or is it all the snowflakes….it is not your responsibility to challenge others because they have a different opinion. And if your going to do that you would appear more credible if you did it without resorting to name calling… 😳

Last edited:
Wow! Is it getting cold in here? or is it all the snowflakes….it is not your responsibility to challenge others because they have a different opinion. And if your going to do that you would appear more credible if you did it without resorting to name calling… 😳
I like how you came back to reply to my same comment again 5 hours after your first reply.
Thanks for the space in your head mate, it's nice living there rent free.

It's a forum. I said nothing about responsibility - they have as much of a right to say an opinion than I do to reply to it saying that it's childish and uninformed.

Last edited:
Darla why should casuals stop playing sims? ( as this is a GT thread we assume you mean GT) if casuals cannot play then how does one begin in the first place? Your condescending attitude to first timers is not useful to anyone.
You've entirely misread @Darla Starch's post there, which is an expression of disappointment that the Toyota Sera - a compact Japanese car with interesting doors - is not in the game and seemingly Toyota cars being denigrated in the preceding posts.

As for the rest, I'm not sure why you feel the need to act this poorly towards other members and ignore instructions about double-posting. Take a break.

You've entirely misread @Darla Starch's post there, which is an expression of disappointment that the Toyota Sera - a compact Japanese car with interesting doors - is not in the game and seemingly Toyota cars being denigrated in the preceding posts.

As for the rest, I'm not sure why you feel the need to act this poorly towards other members and ignore instructions about double-posting. Take a break.
I was referring to the tag line at the bottom of his post that reads” Casuals stop playing sims”

On the surface, it is more of what we have come to expect and love from GT, however when there is a Toyota badge involved I become more sceptical, the alphard, then the ambulance and Corolla. The oddballs that we know and love never wore a Toyota badge so consistently in the past……and we’re never current vehicles on sale at the time.
I enjoy the oddball vehicles quite a lot, but how is the GR Corolla an 'oddball' in your list? Thing is a tuned rally car essentially, the version in game so much so that they removed the backseats and use a carbon fiber roof for weight reduction. Plus a bunch of other random performance tweaks. It certainly doesn't strike me as an oddball, by any metrics.

Once it's outside of being locked only to the practice sessions for the GT Cup, I bet it's pretty sick once you tune it further.

Last edited:
I enjoy the oddball vehicles quite a lot, but how is the GR Corolla an 'oddball' in your list? Thing is a tuned rally car essentially, the version in game so much so that they removed the backseats and use a carbon fiber roof for weight reduction.
Removing the backseats from a four door car is very much an "oddball" move.

Talking about oddballs: anyone remember this?
128240093.jpg

I drove it in Forza 4 yesterday and really enjoyed it. GT has a lot of unusual Japanese cars, so why can't it have unusual American cars? Another vehicle I'd like to see but will probably never come is the Saturn Ion Redline.

They have added around 50-60 cars to the game since launch, I’m sure they can afford to make one of them an ambulance.
Well, no, they really can't. Specially not when it takes them 6 months to model a car, they can't waste that many resources on a meme. Out of 54 cars in updates, you have a a ton of "controversial" choices, between VGTs, ugly vans, an ambulance, a boring Mazda, a few duplicates. All that, while we still don't have a single Bentley, Opel, Cadillac, Koenigsegg, Tommy Kaira, Lotus, and so.

I could even go and start mentioning the glaring omissions of many of the greatest cars ever made, some of the most popular, some of the most relevant, or cars that would have a massive purpose in the game (more up to date GT3 cars, for brands like Ferrari, or a complete DTM line-up, to complement the RS5 DTM). Out of 1000 great choices to add, they somehow find a way to add something outside of those options.

It's also quite ironic, that they want to be all troll/funny moments in some of the content they add, but when it comes to car pricing and tuning parts cost, they want to be really serious about it.

Well, no, they really can't. Specially not when it takes them 6 months to model a car, they can't waste that many resources on a meme. Out of 54 cars in updates, you have a a ton of "controversial" choices, between VGTs, ugly vans, an ambulance, a boring Mazda, a few duplicates. All that, while we still don't have a single Bentley, Opel, Cadillac, Koenigsegg, Tommy Kaira, Lotus, and so.

I could even go and start mentioning the glaring omissions of many of the greatest cars ever made, some of the most popular, some of the most relevant, or cars that would have a massive purpose in the game (more up to date GT3 cars, for brands like Ferrari, or a complete DTM line-up, to complement the RS5 DTM). Out of 1000 great choices to add, they somehow find a way to add something outside of those options.

It's also quite ironic, that they want to be all troll/funny moments in some of the content they add, but when it comes to car pricing and tuning parts cost, they want to be really serious about it.
So many words to complain about a car that in the end, has a clear 2nd in the popularity vote of this months update cars.
So ultimately, what's the problem? It's clearly a favoured addition to the roster.

Why does you personally not liking it justify only cars you want, when its now clearly got a place within both the game and its fanbase?

A very small portion of the fanbase, that got hyped for a vehicle that they think it's fun now, because it's new and a meme, and just like memes themselves, they quickly fall out of grace and no one cares about them.

The car has no value other than the troll/quirky aspect of it, for a racing game. I would somewhat understand its addition if we were getting 10 cars per month, which is not the case.

PD is too slow to keep up with modern cars, with historicaly significant cars, and anything inbetween. They can't afford to ignore highly requested cars/brands for the sake of adding memes.

Meanwhile, a new Forza will release soon, with more cars at launch than GT7 after 15 months of updates, and that game will still get new content faster that GT7 does. So yeah, GT7 with too many flaws, and content updates that can be very disappointing, it's a recipe for disaster.

Let's also not forget, that in the car world, each brand has their own "fanbase". This means that, if the game has a lackluster selection of cars for certain (most) brands, fans of those brands will just turn away to a game that has a better selection.

But sure, I'm pretty sure fanbases for Cadillac, Opel, Cizeta, Seat, or any other brands, love to see the priorities PD has.

A very small portion of the fanbase, that got hyped for a vehicle that they think it's fun now, because it's new and a meme, and just like memes themselves, they quickly fall out of grace and no one cares about them.

The car has no value other than the troll/quirky aspect of it, for a racing game. I would somewhat understand its addition if we were getting 10 cars per month, which is not the case.

PD is too slow to keep up with modern cars, with historicaly significant cars, and anything inbetween. They can't afford to ignore highly requested cars/brands for the sake of adding memes.
How do you know any of this? You're just saying things you want to be true because you're annoyed at the ambulance lol.

The only other "meme" car in the Alphard is still loved by those same "meme" fans that you say quickly falls out of grace. So I'm not sure what your precedent is outside from your own internal bias.

I play almost exclusively on online lobbies and I have seen the Alphard used a factor of a hundred times more than the Chiron and Valkyrie, which fits in your definition of "modern cars" that apparently everyone is clamouring for? What's the deal with that then?

Last edited:
Back