Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.43 Now Available: Adds Three Cars, New Races & Engine Swaps

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 691 comments
Pretty unimpressed by the TT.

The first-generation TT has an interesting development story but that was years ago. Since then, the TT has basically zero notable achievements or heritage beyond looking funky. It's not the best at anything, it never sold very well, it never really raced or won anything except for one-offs, and the cars have never been particularly good at anything. I can't even remember the last time I saw one driving around.

If I were to make a list of world cars that should be celebrated in a video game, anything beyond the first-gen TT wouldn't make the list. The first-gen Audi A4 - a pedestrian family sedan - is a much more significant car in every imaginable way, from commercial success to racing heritage, and lifted Audi out of obscurity in the North American market, yet that car isn't included for some reason. First-gen Audi A4, BMW E36, and Mercedes W202 are all significant cars during an important era for the car and racing industries, especially for those three brands as they evolved into high-luxury nameplates.

But we get a second-gen Audi TT.

Yes, as I said earlier, there are tonnes of better, or more interesting choices.

If PD were releasing 10 cars each month, it would be fair enough, but its baffling how they arrive at the conclusion that many of the cars they release are of significant, or much interest at all, when you consider the many cars they're not bringing to the game.

and only 3% or smth like that have finished 50 sport mode races. So 97% of the player base doesn't actively play sport mode. That's interesting...and I wouldn't even call finishig 50 races by being active.
The figures are not complete through they give some insight,

You need to have weekly or daily activity numbers, Then break down the numbers

Online which includes private lobbies, includes a lot of different player styles (cops and robbers for example) who never play dailies, I've done two, but play league races never play single player, and I'm not the only one in my discord server, it's probably 50 50.

So I would be cautious about using Trophy's figures as a bench mark,

B80
Yes, as I said earlier, there are tonnes of better, or more interesting choices.

If PD were releasing 10 cars each month, it would be fair enough, but its baffling how they arrive at the conclusion that many of the cars they release are of significant, or much interest at all, when you consider the many cars they're not bringing to the game.

You don’t know what they have to give right now. Maybe the cars you want are still in planning, development or being saved for the future.

While the Audi TT may not be the most interesting car out there, it’s still the kind of car one would expect to reappear in GT sooner or later. So there’s no reason to freak out once it does.

Another update I won't bother with. The Renault 4 is a car I already know I will never drive, unless they cheaply make me do it for a weekly event. The TT would've been cool if it was the newer TT RS, but it's another cheap GT6 port, so it's underwhelming. Not even either RS6 Avant from GT6. That would've been better than the TT, especially considering the station wagon drought the game has. The only good things I can say about the Evo IX are that people can finally shut up about it not being in the game, and that I can now complete my Apex Glide collection. Props if you know where Apex Glide comes from. Overall, like last month, terrible offerings, hoping for next month to be good, because this ain't good.

At this point, I'm hoping the engine swaps can give me a good time, since the engine swaps in the last update (another weak and forgettable update) are actually very good. I'm still holding out for the 991.1 RSR engine in the 996 GT3.

That game needs a remake ASAP!!!!!

Iykyk

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that PD isn't going to get hurt in anyway by this. My biggest issue with Sony firing people is their lack of ability to give them work that can be sold for profit. That is imho 100% Sonys fault and those in charge should be fired instead.
Maybe PD can save lot of money by not doing these GT Worlds series stuffs 🤔 ;)

They could outsource, and there was a rumour that they either considered it or straight up already do it. If they don't go this route, or don't go all-in on it, might be because the quality of the models isn't the same as we see in GT7.
We know Forza outsources, and the disparity in quality in quite notorious.
PD already does that. There are outsourcing companies credited in the game licensing credits.

Maybe PD can save lot of money by not doing these GT Worlds series stuffs 🤔 ;)
As if they haven't already cheaped out by not giving cash prize for winners (other than fixed participation prizes for everyone involved) and moving the World Finals away from Monaco last year.

Where I live it's 12:10am, and Japan is at least an hour ahead, so it's 1:10am there, so this has me worried whether or not they will upload it any time soon.

Is it usually as late as that?! Feels like it’s been a lot earlier in the past!!
Same, I was expecting it at 3 PM here in Italy (which I guess would be 14 UTC generally, but with DST messing up I remember seeing it even at 2 PM, then last month I think at 4 PM, but 5 PM was already later than I expected)

I'm pretty sure it's usually up by that time, last time on twitter they posted a trailer at 18:02 my time, and now it's 19:12. Spec II trailer was posted even earlier, at 16:00.

Last edited:
I'll be chasing childhood memories in Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth while it downloads ;)
I'm sorry you have to be put through that.
That's where I am right now, well, actually I'm playing INTERmission. I did the same thing back in 1997: First spend quality time with Shining Force, then hit up FF7.
I'm not a big fan of the new combat system myself but I can work with it. Both FF7 original and Shining the Holy Ark a month before it required some speed and timing to the inputs for battle. The new stuff didn't make a lot of sense to me until the other day when it just clicked and I smashed one of the tougher bosses unexpectedly. The flat screen graphics are great and the story is a welcome addition to what we know. I have not taken it into the limited VR mode just yet. Granted it's not the full VR like GT7 but the virtual big screen and headphones should be fairly immersive.
That and SwordQuest Airworld have gotten me to appreciate what we have here with GT7. I've gotten a year and a half out of GT7 myself and still play it at least once weekly.
I'm not holding my breath for this update, but I'll be happy to try out the cars and I'll be buying engine swaps. I walked from Sector 7 over to Auto Plus and bought a couple cars in anticipation of the new engine swaps.

So Kaz posted the tease one day layer than usual and now the trailer is delayed at least 30 min more than usual😅🙈

Looking at the PS Twitter account, they haven't posted anything since the Layoffs blogpost yesterday so maybe it'll be a case of the blog going up on the day of the update.

Pretty unimpressed by the TT.

The first-generation TT has an interesting development story but that was years ago. Since then, the TT has basically zero notable achievements or heritage beyond looking funky. It's not the best at anything, it never sold very well, it never really raced or won anything except for one-offs, and the cars have never been particularly good at anything. I can't even remember the last time I saw one driving around.

If I were to make a list of world cars that should be celebrated in a video game, anything beyond the first-gen TT wouldn't make the list. The first-gen Audi A4 - a pedestrian family sedan - is a much more significant car in every imaginable way, from commercial success to racing heritage, and lifted Audi out of obscurity in the North American market, yet that car isn't included for some reason. First-gen Audi A4, BMW E36, and Mercedes W202 are all significant cars during an important era for the car and racing industries, especially for those three brands as they evolved into high-luxury nameplates.

But we get a second-gen Audi TT.
I 1,000,000% agree with you. How can they add so many irrelevant cars to the industry, waste so much potential and be so relaxed about it.

Besides the second gen TT, here is a list of others I think the same about them:
  • Bvlgari car/whatever-the-hell-it-is.
  • Ford Raptor for pickup racing???
  • Duplicate Renault Sport Clio EDC 220....
  • 1932 Ford Roaster (worthless without events)
  • Italdesign wtf cars....
  • Mercedes Barker Tourer (20,000,000 for what, arcade mode only????)
  • Toyota Tundra and the Alphard... honestly wtf. Even the ambulance, what kind of stupidity.
  • Alfa Romeo 8C 2900 Touring Berlineta (another 20MM car that is worthless)

Back