Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.43 Now Available: Adds Three Cars, New Races & Engine Swaps

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 691 comments
Looking at the PS Twitter account, they haven't posted anything since the Layoffs blogpost yesterday so maybe it'll be a case of the blog going up on the day of the update.
They added a Story in instagram 5 minutes ago (sharing Lucas Ordonez sim rig)

I don't think we'll see anything on the PS blog for at least another hour as they just posted the March PS+ games.
F1 2023...
Saturday GIF

Do we really even need a trailer? It'll just be 30 secs of 3 road cars sliding round a track.
Alongside the trailer we get a high level overview of the update(not only the cars) then tomorrow more details with the patch notes

Last edited:
I doubt there’s many MTX transactions going on. I think they’re priced too high to be tempting. In the U.K. it's a quarter the price of the game to get just 2 million credits!?

Compare that to Fortnite though and maybe that’s reasonable? The game is free though so a different model of business
Even on places like the subreddit, which pride themselves on literally living on this game and grinding, polls show that up to 30% of players there are using MTX.

So imagine the how the casuals play. Thats the point. MTX, and the FOMO systems that go with them, are designed to get people with little time and little money to buy. That's why 7's UCD, Legends and invites work the way they do, combined with the grind - they spread your time and resources thin and encourage you to hit that "Top up on ps store" button

Last edited:
There's been quite a few over the last few years, mainly on the "main" sub. I'll see if I can find one. They've gone between 15% and 30% from what I've seen
here's one from a couple years ago. Less than 10% yes...

I'd imagine a fair number of mtx sales are people new to the game who have no idea how small a dent 2,000,000 credits makes in the total needed...even for a 20 mil car.

Last edited:
here's one from a couple years ago. Less than 10% yes...

I'd imagine a fair number of mtx sales are people new to the game who have no idea how small a dent 2,000,000 credits makes in the total needed...even for a 20 mil car.

And that's, again, the place that prides itself on grinding.

People used to say the same thing about GTAO, "nobody buys shark cards" and then it came out that shark cards made up a massive portion of R*/TakeTwo's income.

While I don't think it's as high as GTAO, I have no doubt that significant chunk of people regularly buy GT credits

I 1,000,000% agree with you. How can they add so many irrelevant cars to the industry, waste so much potential and be so relaxed about it.

Besides the second gen TT, here is a list of others I think the same about them:
  • Bvlgari car/whatever-the-hell-it-is.
  • Ford Raptor for pickup racing???
  • Duplicate Renault Sport Clio EDC 220....
  • 1932 Ford Roaster (worthless without events)
  • Italdesign wtf cars....
  • Mercedes Barker Tourer (20,000,000 for what, arcade mode only????)
  • Toyota Tundra and the Alphard... honestly wtf. Even the ambulance, what kind of stupidity.
  • Alfa Romeo 8C 2900 Touring Berlineta (another 20MM car that is worthless)
I will say - I understand the place of many of these vehicles.

In a previous GT game, that is.

GT7 just doesn't have the event types or car list to support some of these. For example the Tundra/Raptor replaced street trucks of previous games - why? There's less offroading now than ever, so why do we have offroad focused trucks now?

Same for many of the vintage racecars - no class or events. And there's so few that for the most part, you'd struggle to even buy a grid of them for custom race.

The wierd oddballs like the ambulance, alpahd, etc had their place in previous GT games, that had huge car lists to begin with and the oddballs were just that - fun oddballs. But when we have a car list shot full of massive holes and we get stuff like the Jimny, Ambulance, etc it really is just questionable, besides the obvious "GT has wierd cars nostalgia"

Back