Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.43 Now Available: Adds Three Cars, New Races & Engine Swaps

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 691 comments
I am glad the new cars don't cost much. Glad to see the Jimny getting a swap. Need to buy a couple more for swaps purposes. Overall this update is kinda okay but hey it is what it is

It's right in the middle, depending on car. FH5 gets up there with settings set right, especially with certain cars.

GT is not that realistic. It's not a full on arcade game, but it's definitely on the lower end of "simcade"

That said, back on topic
Now this is new... Like we never played Horizon 5 before.

No settings can make Horizons physics right, It feels good to play, but it's not even trying to get stuff correctly. What cars do you recommend for that I may ask?

Now this is new... Like we never played Horizon 5 before.

No settings can make Horizons physics right, It feels good to play, but it's not even trying to get stuff correctly. What cars do you recommend for that I may ask?
The one that stuck out to me was the s550 gt350r. Handles closer to irl in fh5 than in gt7.

Overall fh5 is not more realistic than gt7, but gt isn't that great about it either

MK3 SUPRA ENGINE SWAP!!!
images (6).jpeg

another update with nothing for sport mode players. Sweet…

You would have thought with the months and months of delays with Fanatec that Sony/PD would have gotten their act together and supported Full Force. These past few update’s couldn’t have taken much of their time.

Hard to believe psvr2 passed its 1yr mark a few days ago. Literally the thing which keeps me playing this game. And continues to be entirely ignored.

Makes no sense.
You got a huge mass BoP adjustment for Sport Mode, arguably more interesting than most of the single player content this update. Certainly more interesting than the events.

I was half right; there were adjustments in the Hagerty's prices, and though the ones we know are an aggregate decrease, there's more than enough room for a net increase.
Ah I was going to ask, is there a list of all the price changes already or do we just have to wait for the entire Legends Dealership to cycle through again? At which point those prices will become outdated with a new adjustment in May anyway.

Even though the Bulgary is officially not part of this update, I have to admit that ut is really fun to drive for me. Great throttle response, asking for high rpms and also quite loose and controllable rear end. Just some understeer in high speed oder full throttle turns.

For the Evo and the TT I really enjoy the update parts, great choice and fun to build the cars. Have to take a closer look at the R4 options later :)

FH5 gets up there with settings set right, especially with certain cars.

This right here is why I can't agree with your opinions. FH5 is the antithesis of "realism", and no amount of tuning or setting changes will allow that game to come into the same universe as GT7. Same goes for the majority of "driving" games listed earlier.

Don't get me wrong, I know full well that GT isn't sim by many peoples metrics, but as someone whos done his fair share of track driving in many different vehicles, I can safely say that GT gets very close to the balance and realism of driving cars at speed. It's not perfect, but it's very good, and can be a good basis to inform real world driving skill.

If anything, it's harder than tracking cars in the real world (several drivers have attested to this) as well as being more difficult (in car control and traction limits) than ACC and iRacing.

FH5 is an arcadey dumpster fire. It's physics couldn't be any worse, and there is nothing anyone can do to bring it into the same solar system as a sim.

I just don't understand why they can't introduce 30min/1hr endurance races for other tracks.

We already have the capability to set those up within like 30 seconds, the payout is just abysmal compared to the pre-set Le Mans and Spa.

I just want to be able to race on other tracks and not feel like I'm pissing away credits, pls.

This right here is why I can't agree with your opinions. FH5 is the antithesis of "realism", and no amount of tuning or setting changes will allow that game to come into the same universe as GT7. Same goes for the majority of "driving" games listed earlier.

Don't get me wrong, I know full well that GT isn't sim by many peoples metrics, but as someone whos done his fair share of track driving in many different vehicles, I can safely say that GT gets very close to the balance and realism of driving cars at speed. It's not perfect, but it's very good, and can be a good basis to inform real world driving skill.

If anything, it's harder than tracking cars in the real world (several drivers have attested to this) as well as being more difficult (in car control and traction limits) than ACC and iRacing.

FH5 is an arcadey dumpster fire. It's physics couldn't be any worse, and there is nothing anyone can do to bring it into the same solar system as a sim.
I never said any of that but alright lol.

GT is also an arcadey dumpster fire physics wise. I can't imagine anyone with any time driving saying different

That's my opinion as someone with track time. You have yours

Oh well

Last edited:
Ah I was going to ask, is there a list of all the price changes already or do we just have to wait for the entire Legends Dealership to cycle through again? At which point those prices will become outdated with a new adjustment in May anyway.
Funny you ask that. There's a thread with the known changes (everything except the 12 cars that neither have new engines/bodies nor are donors for engine swaps). The prices of those 12 cars likely won't be known until they do show up.

I'm starting to think Lake Louise was the "send off" track
What is the base for that statement? You (and me)literally no nothing about dlc plans for GT7 next track can be added on March or any other month and you still post made up statements about GT7 ending its life.

No. We actually got another monthly standard update and nothing there is to support an idea about GT7 ending its life.

Funny you ask that. There's a thread with the known changes (everything except the 12 cars that neither have new engines/bodies nor are donors for engine swaps). The prices of those 12 cars likely won't be known until they do show up.
Thanks for doing the work, I appreciate it. And wow, I still don't have the Miura so that's unfortunate and I do have a lot of the cars that got decreased but still that's surprisingly much better than I was expecting.

Edit: I'm sure I'll regret this when Senna's F1 comes back to the shop with a 20m price lol

Last edited:
GT update emotional rollercoaster

Being optimistic: at least the lack of substantial content updates in GT7 is giving me time to tackle Assetto Corsa on PC online with LFM

What is the base for that statement? You (and me)literally no nothing about dlc plans for GT7 next track can be added on March or any other month and you still post made up statements about GT7 ending its life.

No. We actually got another monthly standard update and nothing there is to support an idea about GT7 ending its life.
What I'm saying is that it was rhe start of things winding down. Simply my opinion.

You never replied to me about updates regarding other games, btw 🤔

Last edited:
. . . a new update, and a new slew of complaints. I wish I could say I was surprised, but it's become more predictable than the phases of the moon.

For me, I love the update but haven't had the chance to play it yet. While I love the 3 new cars, I'm really interested in the BoP changes and how they make my cars feel. Sort of feel stupid (my choice) for picking a company before the next Manu series. I'm especially happy about the BoP for Gr. 4!

All these changes - and several that are undocumented - and they cost me not one thin dime.

I'm very grateful for what I have with this game, and what I continue to receive from PD for this game.

I hope they know at least one player appreciates them.

. . . a new update, and a new slew of complaints. I wish I could say I was surprised, but it's become more predictable than the phases of the moon.

For me, I love the update but haven't had the chance to play it yet. While I love the 3 new cars, I'm really interested in the BoP changes and how they make my cars feel. Sort of feel stupid (my choice) for picking a company before the next Manu series. I'm especially happy about the BoP for Gr. 4!

All these changes - and several that are undocumented - and they cost me not one thin dime.

I'm very grateful for what I have with this game, and what I continue to receive from PD for this game.

I agree. Some of us prefer to enjoy what we have, others are more inclined to worry about what they haven't.

Yeah; well; shut up. You know you're not supposed to say anything good about GT7. 😀

In all seriousness though, I do wish they had implemented the GT Extreme wheel in this update. I understand FullForce might take a while, but how hard can it be to add a wheel.

The worst part of this game though, is that it doesn't leave me time for any others.

I never said any of that but alright lol.

GT is also an arcadey dumpster fire physics wise. I can't imagine anyone with any time driving saying different

That's my opinion as someone with track time. You have yours

Oh well
You did though. You said FH5 "gets right up there" when it comes to driving sims, did you not?

Care to elaborate on how GT7 is so far off the mark? Traction thresholds between grip/loss of grip and the subsequent difficulty of maintaining opposite lock is an issue, weight transfer can be aggressive, braking can be abnormally squirrelly, and other idiosyncrasies come into play, but these are small problems when compared to the "block of wood that looks like a car hovering over a pretty landscape" garbage that is FM5.

But if it's so bad, bad enough to repeat my "dumpster fire" comment, then you must have some concrete point to hinge your argument on.

Here's a couple of thoughtful videos on GT7, other games and IRL driving that support the fact that GT7 isn't perfect, but it's still a viable driving "simulator".

Last edited:
Back