Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.43 Now Available: Adds Three Cars, New Races & Engine Swaps

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 691 comments
Yeah; well; shut up. You know you're not supposed to say anything good about GT7. 😀

In all seriousness though, I do wish they had implemented the GT Extreme wheel in this update. I understand FullForce might take a while, but how hard can it be to add a wheel.

The worst part of this game though, is that it doesn't leave me time for any others.
That part made me snarf my soda all over my monitor!

#CleanupOnAisleSix

I'm looking forward to trying out the new cars this evening after work.
And just to update you all, I still haven't had the Porsche invitation. Although on Monday the roulette wheel showed me the Porsche invite but chose to give me 10,000cr instead. And on Tuesday night the roulette wheel showed me the Porsche invite but gave me a Mazda instead.
The wait continues.

You did though. You said FH5 "gets right up there" when it comes to driving sims, did you not?

Care to elaborate on how GT7 is so far off the mark? Traction thresholds between grip/loss of grip and the subsequent difficulty of maintaining opposite is an issue, weight transfer can be aggressive, braking can be abnormally squirrelly, and other idiosyncrasies come into play, but these are small problems when compared to the "block of wood that looks like a car hovering over a pretty landscape" garbage that is FM5.

But if it's so bad, bad enough to repeat my "dumpster fire" comment, then you must have some concrete point to hinge your argument on.

Here's a couple of thoughtful videos on GT7, other games and IRL driving that support the fact that GT7 isn't perfect, but it's still a viable driving "simulator".

No, I meant "gets right up there with gt7". In no way does it approach real sims.

Personally? The exaggerated weight. The sluggish, unresponsive feel of most cars. Exaggerated oversteer and understeer. For reference here, I'm usually an A or B DR driver. Super Licenses passed. I'm no gt chump (I'm very aware alot of the gt fanbase is basically Dr. F and struggles to turn a clean lap)

Loss of control in gt feels like a switch is being flipped. I get no feel. No feel of weight transfer, no feel of the tires hitting their limit. There's no road feel. It's flat, dead and lifeless. Irl I can feel what my tires are doing, how they move across the surface. In GT it feels like I'm driving across sound deadening carpet, at 0.90x speed.

In terms of the videos - I'll check out the first one later. Random Callsign, however is outright a gt fanboy and I don't trust a single video he makes. Might as well be Emula making a vid. Not touching that.

Did you ever play project cars 2 by chance?

Last edited:
I never said any of that but alright lol.

GT is also an arcadey dumpster fire physics wise. I can't imagine anyone with any time driving saying different

That's my opinion as someone with track time. You have yours

Oh well
1709225811271.gif

I am convinced at this point that GTA 6 will release first before PD actually adds another track to this game
I have been holding out a little hope each update, not expecting a track for sure but thinking eventually...but I have given up now.

More scapes than cars, engine swaps, menu books, and races altogether in this update. First time I’m truly disappointed with a free update

Last edited:
Your tolerance is most admirable. :bowdown:
:D man… I really don’t like complaining about free updates. I’ve gotten my money’s worth from this game ten times over so I’ve been appreciative of every update so far. But this one? Laughable. 3 cars you can buy straight from the UCD… it is what it is

Oh, and probably the worst VGT yet…

Last edited:
No, I meant "gets right up there with gt7". In no way does it approach real sims.

Personally? The exaggerated weight. The sluggish, unresponsive feel of most cars. Exaggerated oversteer and understeer. For reference here, I'm usually an A or B DR driver. Super Licenses passed. I'm no gt chump (I'm very aware alot of the gt fanbase is basically Dr. F and struggles to turn a clean lap)

Loss of control in gt feels like a switch is being flipped. I get no feel. No feel of weight transfer, no feel of the tires hitting their limit. There's no road feel. It's flat, dead and lifeless. Irl I can feel what my tires are doing, how they move across the surface. In GT it feels like I'm driving across sound deadening carpet, at 0.90x speed.

In terms of the videos - I'll check out the first one later. Random Callsign, however is outright a gt fanboy and I don't trust a single video he makes. Might as well be Emula making a vid. Not touching that.

Did you ever play project cars 2 by chance?
Calling Random Callsign a fanboy makes me think you were offended about How real he was about Forza Motorsport's Garbage.

Severely undercooked game. Forza Horizon 5 is great though, but not anywhere near GT physics wise, as It doesnt try to be.

Check the first Random Callsign vídeos about GT7 Physics, not close to a fanboy, sorry

So I’ve just driven the Evolution IX and Evolution X back to back. It’s honestly scary how good the 2006 model is compared to the 2015 model in pretty much every aspect. Styling, engine torque, gearing and handling finesse. That said, I think the Evolution V remains as my favourite.

Honestly I was surprised at the lack of Evos when GT7 first came out, so I'm not mad about the new one. Slowly working my way to collector level 50, so I haven't had a chance to do anything with the engine swaps yet.

edit - actually I've been wishing for a Tsukuba race that allows any road car and has a decent payout forever - we've finally got it! Arguably the best update yet hah

Last edited:
I don’t hate the update. The Evo should be fun and I’m looking forward to tuning the Jimny swap for Lake Louise. Last months swap for the Levin has actually made it one of my favorite cars to drive so the ae86 swap should be great. Kinda getting tired of the gtr swaps but should be interesting to see if the LS7 swap can run the ring faster than the Bugatti swap which is sub 6 mins

I'm honestly pretty happy with this update. The customisation for the three cars is above average, so they'll be fun to create some different styles for. I thought the Audi would be a letdown since it's just an older, slower version of what we already have, but there's much more choice for visual customisation which saves it. Plus, 400bhp Jimny.

For me personally I'm not really disappointed fby these updates. I expect nothing from them other than a couple of cars, and between the Jimny in the last update and the 3 today, I've got my fair share of enjoyment from them. The game is still deeply flawed and I don't think anybody can really contest that, but PD doesn't have to do anything. They have already sold millions of copies and made their money, and could quite easily abandon the game and move on. Alternatively, they could do what R* did with GTA 5 and add more and more pay-to-win expensive spaceships to their game while nerfing payouts wherever they think they can get away with it :D

PD absolutely nailed in with the Evo. It's gorgeous and an absolute BLAST to drive.

5f1c08240d4d8ab4ba2a621d83f9f477_photo.webp
True indeed! I did a mock Best Motoring 5-lap recreation and it launches out of corners just like the real car. Release the throttle it rotates and pin the accelerator. It’s awesome. Need some gymkhana courses.

Back