Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.43 Now Available: Adds Three Cars, New Races & Engine Swaps

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 691 comments
The customization for the new cars looks great… the overall update sucks tho.

I’m not a fan of any of the new engine swaps except the Jimmy. (I know I’m being nitpicky but I hoped the Trueno would have a different engine swap than the Levin.)

Lastly, the new events are pathetic… couldn’t even bother to give us a damn menu book.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a generational thing, but getting the Renault R4 is like re-discovering my toy car collection when I was a kid.

Granted, it's not quite the Ferrari 296 GT3 I was hoping for 😅, but the R4's awesome in its own way and I love the fact that it's in the game.

I must confess to not knowing enough about Mitsubishi Lancers to be overly enthused about the new one, but at least I can say I now have more Lancer Evos than you can shake a stick at.

As for the Audi, I'm looking forward to seeing people's photomode pictures of it - come on folks, show us your TTS! :embarrassed::embarrassed:

More Scapes = 👍👍👍 for me too, so all in all it's a very pleasant update for me.

Last edited:
I'm honestly pretty happy with this update. The customisation for the three cars is above average, so they'll be fun to create some different styles for. I thought the Audi would be a letdown since it's just an older, slower version of what we already have, but there's much more choice for visual customisation which saves it. Plus, 400bhp Jimny.

For me personally I'm not really disappointed fby these updates. I expect nothing from them other than a couple of cars, and between the Jimny in the last update and the 3 today, I've got my fair share of enjoyment from them. The game is still deeply flawed and I don't think anybody can really contest that, but PD doesn't have to do anything. They have already sold millions of copies and made their money, and could quite easily abandon the game and move on. Alternatively, they could do what R* did with GTA 5 and add more and more pay-to-win expensive spaceships to their game while nerfing payouts wherever they think they can get away with it :D
For me I'm just disappointed because the change that I most want is to have other grind races besides Spa, Sardegna and Le Mans and it would take so little effort and they just.... don't lol.

Would I like more cars and tracks? Absolutely but I'd take 30min/1hr variants for all tracks over that in a heartbeat.

Also glad there’s, in an ironic way, another We Love the ‘80s car. Having a Steel Wheel Revolution with the Golf/Rabbit. ;)

For me I'm just disappointed because the change that I most want is to have other grind races besides Spa, Sardegna and Le Mans and it would take so little effort and they just.... don't lol.
It has been status quo since months in that regard so I have no hope for any change there. IMHO all the events should be rewarding with the same level (proportionnaly to the length and difficulty) as those big 3. It would offer a lot of variety to grind.

Would I like more cars and tracks? Absolutely but I'd take 30min/1hr variants for all tracks over that in a heartbeat.
I agree completely. I would love a high-paying WTC event at most tracks to add some variety, though the chase-the-rabbit format they insist on would still grow stale. I currently just make a custom race full of nerfed tomahawks on whatever track I feel like. It's not very lucrative but still more fun than the WTC races.

The colors aren’t available yet, but here they are.
IMG_3760.jpeg

A bit of history.

Last edited:
This reminds me of how 458 GT3 used to have something similar to AF Corse livery during first showcases of GT Sport (way before release) and later got a plain red colour. So maybe there is actually something going on with Ferrari's GT3. But it's weird, why would Ferrari prefer players in a very popular game race a very outdated car against newer models from other manufacturers, especially with the whole e-sports thing going on. Maybe it's actually PD who don't want to deal with complications of licensing Ferrari's GT3s?
I just know a bit more about Ferrari because I know after talking with developers in the industry (admittedly not PD specifically and they will have more weight with Sony) that the manufacturers are very, very picky. But it makes sense, its brand identity in the end and anything that can put the brand in a bad spot they'll be super cautious about as it'll impact sales. Most people who play GT can't afford a Ferrari, but if and as the game gets more realistic a Ferrari is put in a particular light or way then the viral nature of the internet could cause issues. It's why damage is the way it is I guess, less headache for PD to discuss with manufacturers if its just very minor. No idea why Ferrari say yes to some and not others I assume it's to allow people to enjoy the brand but enough where it can't be taken out of context maybe? I'd love to speak to some one at Ferrari to ask.

You can engine swap two Ferraris, unless you're talking about swapping with different manufacturers.

Even if GT8 is I'm development ( which at this point could simply no further than z dtirh board) j dont know why people bring it up considering PDs history. It could be another 4 or 5 years before that sees daylight.
Ye I'm more talking about in general, there's lots I'd love to see, try and do in GT or any other game. While I understand licences and their purposes I do feel like they take away some enjoyment from people who want to just have fun in a game.

Again 3 cars I will never drive, unless the Renault has a V8 engine swap, I guess we will have to live with the mess they made in the last update vis a vis the crap handling etc.FFS give us a 24 hr Endurance race. I don’t care if it has no prize money,just give us the race!!!

I prefer stock cars, but the GT Auto options for those 3 are really nice!

8AjZhq0.png
uVVlep0.png

KULkyp2.png

Kfg971N.png

A mini-review about them:

Renault R4: unfortunately it's a car that is bound to be forgotten by most players, just like some of the other cars we already have. It's too slow, even for Sunday Classic events and worse than that: it can't compete in the Alsace 1-hour race because of the year restriction of 1979; the R4 GTL was released in 1985
I went with a fully upgraded rally version and although the car is still a bit slow, it is fun to drive in dirt/snow tracks. Rally livery just because of the mud flaps!

Audi TT: a good 550pp car. Not much to be said about it. It's basically the 2014 model, but a bit slower and less nimble. This car fully upgraded (except Stroke Up, I usually don't bother with this one) is a good option for Le Mans 700. Too much understeer at first, but a bit of adjustments here and there is enough to make it more responsible. It can reach 280 km/h just before the first chicane and run 3 laps with FM6. Using RH tires, wear is minimum and without rain there's no need to change. My best lap was 4:07.5xx with room to improve. Went with a very simple livery, "tt-cup-ish".

Evo IX: this car is probably the best Evo in the game and I say that as a fan of the Evo V. It's good stock, it's good at 550pp and it's very good when fully upgraded. I'm still trying find a setup for 600pp without permanent upgrades, but so far no luck. At 700pp the car can reach +290 km/h and in the Le Mans race fuel can last for 3 laps using FM6 and it's very easy to drive. Tire wear is also good; by the end of the race, front tires still had half bar to go while rear tires had minimum wear, almost unnoticeable. My best lap was 4:03.xxx with room to improve. I will tell you something, but you need to promise that you won't tell Ms. Subaru Impreza: this car is really, really good!
Mine is still a blank canvas because I don't know what to do with it. Probably go for a Super Taikyu livery.

Go to livery editor and save the style as is. Check your My Page Gallery and you’ll see the factory colors. They may be added next update. Until then I just chose various colors from Renault, Alpine and Ferrari that are close to those.
Thank you, I will try this with some cars :)

Even if GT8 is I'm development ( which at this point could simply no further than z dtirh board) j dont know why people bring it up considering PDs history. It could be another 4 or 5 years before that sees daylight.
At this point I still think the most likely scenario is as follows:

2x tracks in '24 - one in Q1 and one in Q4

3-4 cars per month updates - split evenly between those on the datamined list and all new models, ie '20 onwards

4-6 current race cars in '24, including Hypercar, GT500, GT3

PS5/PS5 Pro SKU and PC release by Q4 '24/Q1 '25

GT8 announcement late '25

Last edited:
Personally, considering that I mainly play with GR.4 and GR.3 race cars, the BOP update is very important, as it allows me to rediscover cars that I have never used. It would have been nice to have a more recent Audi and the update for PSVR2, but i'm still happy

Is the livery editor bugged since the this most recent update? I’m getting some wacky things going on. Like on the new Renault 4, the plates are not under “other” rather “body 2” and the Evo was so difficult to apply a UK style licence plate too. Really weird.

Shame you can't apply the Voltex kit to the Evo but the options you do get are close enough. It's more than what I was expecting, which makes this car a valuable addition to the list. I just love the way it sits in my garage fully tuned... It's also VERY fast for a tuned road car, almost beating the time I set in the BRZ GT300 car. A total weapon with unbelievable handling and a legendary engine. This is the Mitsubishi we miss soo much.

Last edited:
The new Renault 4 is being sold with color Turquoise in which we can't buy in GT Auto, is it always like that, they will add it later?

Last edited:
Why? It was decent update.
Should have included more. It was just a larger than normal update. Don't get me wrong. I love this game since GT4. I still feel GT5 was the best so far. KAZ mentioned a few years back that nothing was going to be taken away from the game but just things added. That was a lie.

Should have included more. It was just a larger than normal update. Don't get me wrong. I love this game since GT4. I still feel GT5 was the best so far. KAZ mentioned a few years back that nothing was going to be taken away from the game but just things added. That was a lie.
I understand, but i still feel that people have unrealistic expectations regarding amount of content created. Especially when GT7 doesn’t fall behind other games in that matter.

I like and enjoy the update, I love to test the new cars, do some tuning and so on.
But what I look forward to with every update is a possible new track. As you know, there are still a few real and GT classics that haven't made it into the game yet. There are so many possibilities.
I would like PD to take a stand here and announce whether there will be any new tracks at all.
It would be fine with me if there are no more. But the hope before the update and the slight disappointment after the update is getting me down, not for long thankfully.

Back