Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.48 Now Available: Volvo Returns, Five New Cars, New Extra Menu, & New Engine Swaps

• Thread starter Famine
  • 572 comments
I'm happy to see engine swaps added to these cars, but a little disappointed they didn't add engine swaps to the slower cars again.

PP600 races with sport tires are one of the most popular categories in the online lobby.

But some of my favorite vintage cars and Keis never make it to that class because their stock engines are too underpowered even with all the upgrades applied.

Hopefully next time they'll get engine swaps for my favorite Toyota Sport 800 and A112 Abarth.

So after doing some careful inspection, it turns out that the NSX isn't the exact same returning car as the one we had from GT3-6. For example, the front canards are different, as well as the side intake. The hood venting is also different as well. Same with the wing mirrors.

It's small things honestly, but it's noticeable once you see it. But I suppose it could just be the final version of the car that ran that season instead of the one that PD had modeled, which I assume was early to mid-season.

It’s in arithmetic sequence, so it’s pretty much like counting apples and expecting the 50th apple to have some special characteristics just because it’s number 50.
Some software follows the x.y.z format, where a change in y would be expected to be a "major" update compared to a "minor" update represented by a change in z. But PD doesn't follow that format, they just increase the number after the sole . by 1 every time.

Curious to know what the physics changes are for electric vehicles... wondering if it's do to with power consumption, perhaps?

So, as much as I appreciate the fact that the game is so wonderful and continues to be maintained, I'm always amazed at how many more models of the same car there are to be, while others still fall short.
We have enough Honda Civic and Nissan Skyline now, I think. 🤣
The Skyline is the R31 generation and the Civic is the EG generation. These are entirely new cars for the game. Sharing their name with other models doesn’t mean they are the same.

Curious to know what the physics changes are for electric vehicles... wondering if it's do to with power consumption, perhaps?

They only mention mechanical damage.

Considering how useless EVs and most hybrids are when the race has fuel consumption, for sure some significant changes in their power consumption would be most welcomed

Update Details

First time we're getting a swap for a car in the same update that car is added?
5. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps are now available for the following cars (unlocked at Collector Level 50):
   ・Honda Civic SiR・II (EG) '93
   ・Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97
   ・Honda Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car
   ・Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '95
   ・Nissan Sileighty '98
Yeaaaaaaaaah LS swaps for all!

:P

Last edited:
That 240 "wide body".. 😂
1000019781.jpg

Last edited:
So, as much as I appreciate the fact that the game is so wonderful and continues to be maintained, I'm always amazed at how many more models of the same car there are to be, while others still fall short.
Funny, I think that complaint has been uttered for the last 25 years now 😁

I'm not a JDM fanboy by any means but like the fact that there's still a focus on Japanese cars, that's a big part of the series DNA for me.

Fun thought experiment: imagine if Gran Turismo was a German game by a German studio.
GT4 would have had ten different trim levels of E30 and 190, full DTM grids, dozens of Corsa/Fiesta ****boxes for the beginner races... 😁

Car Prices:
  • Honda Civic SiR・II (EG) '93 - 52,100 Cr.
  • Honda NSX GT500 '00 - 1,500,000 Cr.
  • Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31) '87 - 176,600 Cr.
  • Volvo 240 SE Estate '93 - 40,800 Cr.
  • Volvo V40 T5 R-Design '13 - 40,000 Cr.

Events:

European Sunday Cup 400
  • Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa: 2 laps, 25,000 Cr.
Japanese FF Challenge 450
  • Autopolis International Racing Course - Short Course: 2 laps, 25,000 Cr.
Japanese FR Challenge 450
  • Autodrome Lago Maggiore - West: 3 laps, 40,000 Cr.
World Touring Car 800
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A: 8 laps, 200,000 Cr.

Extra Menu Prizes:
  • Racers of the Japanese GT: 6-star Roulette Ticket (Engine)

Anyone arguing we have too many Porsche 911's in the game? After all, Porsche has the laziest designers in the business, to quote a once popular TV show host ;)

First time we're getting a swap for a car in the same update that car is added?
Probably a sign that they're finishing up the DLC support? When Laguna Seca was released in GTS, it came with Circuit Experience already, unlike before where the patch after the track is released would include it. That update would be the very last of GTS and the strays like the GR Yaris and GR 86 are for the Toyota GT Cup.

Last edited:
Probably a sign that they're finishing up the DLC support? When Laguna Seca was released in GTS, it came with Circuit Experience already, unlike before where the patch after the track is released would include it.
Definitely not

Which engine goes in the new Civic? An LS swap sounds fun for it but it's a bit overdone. Keeping with the update's theme, maybe the Castrol Mugen NSX engine?

Probably a sign that they're finishing up the DLC support? When Laguna Seca was released in GTS, it came with Circuit Experience already, unlike before where the patch after the track is released would include it. That update would be the very last of GTS and the strays like the GR Yaris and GR 86 are for the Toyota GT Cup.
Reminder that this is year 3 for GT7. GT Sport was not done after Year 3.

Which engine goes in the new Civic? An LS swap sounds fun for it but it's a bit overdone. Keeping with the update's theme, maybe the Castrol Mugen NSX engine?
'98 Integra for 137,500 cr

Last edited:
Rumours of the death of GT7 are being greatly exaggerated.

Reminder that this is year 3 for GT7. GT Sport was not done after Year 3.
Err, it's only really the beginning of year 3. Since Kaz had talked about looking at GT7 from a long-term perspective, I'd wager we have at least 1 more year of full support.

Last edited:
They only mention mechanical damage.

Considering how useless EVs and most hybrids are when the race has fuel consumption, for sure some significant changes in their power consumption would be most welcomed
Should have actually read it properly... didn't see that it mentioned damage! Whoops

SAD!! Tested the Volvo 240 in the rain and the headlight wipers aren't animated :(

edit: Side note, it's really good at drifting in the rain on stock performance. Very stable

Last edited:
Back