Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.48 Now Available: Volvo Returns, Five New Cars, New Extra Menu, & New Engine Swaps

• Thread starter Famine
  • 572 comments
SAD!! Tested the Volvo 240 in the rain and the headlight wipers aren't animated :(

edit: Side note, it's really good at drifting in the rain on stock performance. Very stable
Wouldn't surprise me if they fix that next update.

Last edited:
The Volvo 240 bumper and grill fog/rally lights are all illuminated at night time, and flash with the flasher button

Red Bull Ring Short Track_.png

Last edited:
I'm happy to see engine swaps added to these cars, but a little disappointed they didn't add engine swaps to the slower cars again.

PP600 races with sport tires are one of the most popular categories in the online lobby.

But some of my favorite vintage cars and Keis never make it to that class because their stock engines are too underpowered even with all the upgrades applied.

Hopefully next time they'll get engine swaps for my favorite Toyota Sport 800 and A112 Abarth.
Engine swaps should be an option for cars with crap engines.🤣

So after doing some careful inspection, it turns out that the NSX isn't the exact same returning car as the one we had from GT3-6. For example, the front canards are different, as well as the side intake. The hood venting is also different as well. Same with the wing mirrors.

It's small things honestly, but it's noticeable once you see it. But I suppose it could just be the final version of the car that ran that season instead of the one that PD had modeled, which I assume was early to mid-season.

After trying to find pics of it in real life with those parts I only managed to find this one:

1717054907268.png

I suspect that what PD modelled at the time was the car as it was in Preseason testing, hence the far different parts from what the car has now. Will track down videos from the actual season to see if I see those parts spring up.

After trying to find pics of it in real life with those parts I only managed to find this one:

View attachment 1359946

I suspect that what PD modelled at the time was the car as it was in Preseason testing, hence the far different parts from what the car has now. Will track down videos from the actual season to see if I see those parts spring up.
@Sinyster Found it:

1717055998793.png

Round 2 at Fuji. It would appear that what PD got was the Fuji specification of the car for Gran Turismo 3 (as well as the Raybrig and ARTA NSXs, which might just be duplicates as both still had 1999 aero in the actual fuji race). Turns out the picture I posted earlier was a preseason test also at Fuji. Mystery solved.

Video in question:

Last edited:
We need bigger grids. There are 17 NSX, Supra and GT-R in the 2000 JGTC GT500 field. Not including the F1s, Mirage, Viper and Diablo. Haven’t even added the GT300 roster.

Taj Aiman has been added as an AI driver! He drives the '93 Civic in the Japanese FF event.
When I learned about this I had a good laugh cause PD likely knows the EG Civic selling price has been overinflated to hell in southeast Asia where it was once sold as an ordinary passenger car, is now worth a ridiculous fortune.

good finds!! Honestly it's cool the minor differences that showed up between events back in those days
Speaking of that, I had a look at the Supras and Skylines/GT-Rs from GT3 and they too lacked diveplanes, which has me thinking all the GT500 cars in Gran Turismo 3 (Except the Pennzoil Nismo GT-R) were in their Fuji Specification.

Speaking of that, I had a look at the Supras and Skylines/GT-Rs from GT3 and they too lacked diveplanes, which has me thinking all the GT500 cars in Gran Turismo 3 (Except the Pennzoil Nismo GT-R) were in their Fuji Specification.
honestly it would make a lot of sense to me, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case

Back