Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.48 Now Available: Volvo Returns, Five New Cars, New Extra Menu, & New Engine Swaps

• Thread starter Famine
  • 572 comments
Polestar and Lotus, will they be coming too?
...yesn't.

Hope for lotus now :-)
The reintroduction of Volvo hopefully means Lotus isn't far away.
Maybe it's possible to see soon the Lotus brand. Volvo and Lotus are from Geely right now.
Lotus's licensing still has nothing to do with the brand's ownership by ZGH, and nothing to do with Volvo's licensing.

The reason Lotus isn't in the game is between Lotus and PD.

He's pointing out that iRacing is getting the GT3 C8 Corvette whilst we're getting another Civic.

Any news on the price of the NSX?
No, but it should between the Supra GT500's 1,800,000 Cr. and the 1999 GT-R GT500's 2,700,000 Cr. (assuming neither go up in price; a Hagerty's adjustment is also due overnight).

Notably, it's also the only Hagerty's car of the 4 pre-2001 cars.

BTW, this shifting animation is so awesome:

1716993028754.png

I wish Gran Turismo allowed us to do with the camera what Project CARS allows: increasing FoV, moving camera back, and looking down in cockpit view.

I'd just keep watching these delightful animations and crashing all the time... 😅

No, but it should between the Supra GT500's 1,800,000 Cr. and the 1999 GT-R GT500's 2,700,000 Cr. (assuming neither go up in price; a Hagerty's adjustment is also due overnight).

Notably, it's also the only Hagerty's car of the 4 pre-2001 cars.
Thanks. I am trying to knock off all the LCDs. Currently have two, 20mil cars and this NSX.

Why do concept car designers hate being able to see out of windows?
They buy car caneras in bulk,gotta create excuses to use them is my theory
Another car that will look absolutely goofy when full tuned...with the stock interior. C'mon PD...at least give us some interior customization in the next game. Steering wheels at least.
Can totally see that as a GT8 feature,just like widebodies,a general sporty interior

Last edited:
What’s the difference between this and the NSX GT500?
The difference between the car of 2000 and 2008 is radical, starting with the design of the monocoque, the location of the engine and kpp, ending with the volume of the engine its design and aerodynamics with suspension and center of gravity, in fact, since 2003 the category GT500 championship JGTC-SGT turned into a full-fledged “racing-silhouettes”.

I'd expect the WTC 800 race to be the same formula as the majority of the WTC 800 races; about 18 minutes of racing (probably 10 laps, though that's just a guess as it's the first curated race on the A layout, with fuel/tire wear demanding at least a fuel stop out of the Gr.3 cars that the AI drives) for 160,000-200,000 Cr. (plus the CRB). Lucrative...unless one counts the Grindy Four (which includes both the Sardegna and Spa WTC 800 races).

Considering the three cars for the new Extra Menu will run over 6,000,000 Cr., and possibly over 7,500,000 Cr., I'd expect the prize to be a 6-star non-parts ticket (and hopefully not an engine ticket either), and require a Collector Level in the mid-40s to complete.

Last edited:
A more interesting pack of cars, but as I say with every update, one of them couldn't be a NASCAR which will add a whole lot more to tgs game? What's it going to take? I've little doubt I could fill a NASCAR lobby pretty quickly dated tgan wait for hours for anyone to join .

For once, a fantastic (and very nostalgic!) selection of cars. I really can't complain... finally it looks like we can recreate GT500 races from the late 90's and early 00's, and as someone who appreciates 80's and 90's classics I'm really looking forward to the 240 and the R31.

We'd all like a new track. I'm sure we will get a couple more eventually, but personally I feel like PD could better utilise the tracks already in game for less effort and make lots of people happy.

One thought though - how come Skoda got all the fuss with Kaz travelling to the HQ in Prague, and yet Volvo gets casually dropped in to the game with barely a murmur? And Skoda didn't even get any actual cars added - a fictional VGT doesn't count, IMHO.

Last edited:
I suppose Skoda got extra attention because they are a new addition to the franchise while Volvo is just returning from previous GTs

One thought though - how come Skoda got all the fuss with Kaz travelling to the HQ in Prague, and yet Volvo gets casually dropped in to the game with barely a murmur? And Skoda didn't even get any actual cars added - a fictional VGT doesn't count, IMHO.
Perhaps that's the difference between being new to the series (Skoda) and making a return to it (Volvo).

Because VGT from brand is actually bigger thing than adding normal cars. We all might prefer real ones but from marketing point of view VGT collaboration between two brands is bigger "thing"

I feel like I called it with the new races.
Pretty much every racing game under the sun has the corvette c8r in some form or another.

Which makes me even more sad since GT7 is the 1 game I want the car in.
I would prefer the slightly more relevant C8 GT3.R over the C8.R, and I'm hoping PD can work things out with Pratt & Miller. If not, I'd still be fine with a made-for-game Gr.3 racer.

A more interesting pack of cars, but as I say with every update, one of them couldn't be a NASCAR which will add a whole lot more to tgs game? What's it going to take? I've little doubt I could fill a NASCAR lobby pretty quickly dated tgan wait for hours for anyone to join .
iRacing have the official link-up with a console game on the way, and PD seem to be favouring real (and VGT) cars over their fake versions from previous games, so it seems unlikely that any Nascar vehicle will come unless it's an old Legend.

The difference between the car of 2000 and 2008 is radical, starting with the design of the monocoque, the location of the engine and kpp, ending with the volume of the engine its design and aerodynamics with suspension and center of gravity, in fact, since 2003 the category GT500 championship JGTC-SGT turned into a full-fledged “racing-silhouettes”.
Thanks. It is the one car in the update I’m half excited about. I’d really like to see some drastically different cars added into updates. I get the Honda civic is different than the other ones as well… but I just see a civic. I’m sure others would feel the same if we got a COPO Camaro vs the Z28. They may ask. But why it’s the same car!

The chances of anyone, let alone PD, developing a AAA racing game in 3 years is pretty astronomical these days (even if they reuse a load of assets).
PS1 - 2 came out 2 years after 1
PS2 - 4 came out 3 years after 3
PS3 - 6 came out 3 years after 5
PS4 - Ignore
PS5 - ??

Ignoring the PS4 era, the revolution-evolution model has been running consistently for PD since the beginning. Usually the first game on a platform takes considerable time, but the next one has historically followed fairly soon after. I'd guess they are definitely deep into working on GT8 at this point.

PS1 - 2 came out 2 years after 1
PS2 - 4 came out 3 years after 3
PS3 - 6 came out 3 years after 5
PS4 - Ignore
PS5 - ??

Ignoring the PS4 era, the revolution-evolution model has been running consistently for PD since the beginning. Usually the first game on a platform takes considerable time, but the next one has historically followed fairly soon after. I'd guess they are definitely deep into working on GT8 at this point.
If you think game development in the PS1/PS2/PS3 eras has any relevance to the current situation you really need to do some research. Games take massively longer to make these days, across all genres.

Last edited:
Back