Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
by the way. For those who thought that GT8 is around the corner and it is GT7 end of the line. This update proves that GT7 is here to stay for a long time. PD would not change physics so dramatically if they planned to release new entry soon.
As it should be, releasing new versions entirely is how we lost so many great things like B soec and Track Maker. New features should continue to be added. A Monthly subscription for Pro mode users to fund it and let it get to free tier 4 months later should be enough FOMO for most, and those who are casual to enjoy it extremely. And unlimited automatic replays saves kept for 90 days that can easily be backed up to a locally from the cloud for $10 a month. I'm so much more happy to pay a few extra bucks and just keep getting incredible improvements and better penalty/banning online racing New games are already almost $80, so I'm ok paying basically the equivalent of that or a few cents more each year to see updates every month or twice a month.

I Love that they have us the Super Touring wing.

Here is my recreation of the 1995 South Africa STC BMW

Username: I_Rock_Totally
1000177760.jpg
1000177750.jpg
1000177752.jpg

I Love that they have us the Super Touring wing.

Here is my recreation of the 1995 South Africa STC BMW

Username: I_Rock_Totally
View attachment 1375835View attachment 1375836View attachment 1375837
That reminds me that one of the things I'd like the most is an option for interior delete. Love turning a regular road-car into a full-spec racing machine, but it hurts the magic a bit that the seats and all interior comforts are still there x3

But I know that's an entire business already, and a hell lot of work.

Amazing work on the livery btw!

I have a problem with Lambo Gallardo steering wheel animation. It is pretty badly broken. It stops and jumps to my wheel position, sometimes rattle radically. Actual steering input seems fine, but those wheel animations in VR are very distracting. I think there used to be similar problem with some of less popular gr3 cars like Jaguar, but it was not as bad as in Gallardo.

I am finding consistent tire feedback nuances improved in the FFB, and the change in the responsiveness and tire flop/roll over in over pushing the tires and subsequent tire wear and heating is much more realistic. It will reward the precise and those who know how to pilot IRL cars by feel, but those who rely on muscle memory and visual repetition, will likely find themselves slipping or missing the mark. I'm very happy with the increased realism.
100% agreement. I too happy with the changes. to be honest I was a little worried they were going to cater towards the "gamers" but it seems they catered to the "drivers" (people trying to replicate real life driving techniques) this time.
but the strong engine braking effect that was generated by the fully customized gearbox was lost, and the brakes became less effective overall than before
I'm not saying you were doing this, but I saw plenty of this in the past... and that is...
Those that were abusing the gearbox with rapid downshifts while the car continuously bounced of the rev-limiter... likely will feel that way... I wish Poly would allow the cars to snap spin into oblivion like should be the case when such driving technique is used... I, and many other have noted in their opinion/observation/testing the braking is much improved. I am braking noticeably later than I previously was.

Overall though, I feel like this update now rewards smoother inputs and more delicate use of the pedals/steering. Too much steering angle whilst braking results in a lot of understeer which prompts you now to brake straight before trailing in.
100% agreement.

I'm really surprised to hear so many people with this opinion. I race cars regularly in reality and this new update is by far the closest GT7 has come close to replicating reality.

The new physics absolutely allows you to push cars on the edge of their limit. This is due to the increased turn in grip and part throttle grip during mid corner acceleration.

You are able brake harder and later now with a much more progressive feel. The tyre model significantly improved. You can literally feel the car / tyres dig and claw around corners now.
Thank you. 100% agreement.

I mentioned it earlier, but I'm really happy that the way to control under-steer is no longer directly linked to being in a low (too low in many cases) gear mid corner... and that you can now use the brakes properly to control speed and carry a higher gear that allows more control corner exit.
i was noticing a lot of the "fast" guys were dropping a gear last second on corner entry (to control understeer) than shifting back to the gear they actually wanted just before applying power on corner exit... I hope this new physics removes that gimmickry from the fast guys driving requirements.

Last edited:
I have a problem with Lambo Gallardo steering wheel animation. It is pretty badly broken. It stops and jumps to my wheel position, sometimes rattle radically. Actual steering input seems fine, but those wheel animations in VR are very distracting. I think there used to be similar problem with some of less popular gr3 cars like Jaguar, but it was not as bad as in Gallardo.
Did you upgrade it by any chance? I was getting this too under braking after putting it on racing tires with the fully customizable suspension, stiffening it fixed it.

My point is that there needs to be a proper sim mode that's unbounded by the limitations of casual players.
I would campaign for that as well... didn't GT4 actually have an "arcade" mode... ?
Regarding a so called arcade or casual mode, it’s not needed as it’s already there in the form of stability control and traction control.

Again it’s similar to real life as in say someone learning how to drive to the limits of their car on a track day can use stability and traction control until such times that they can drop the assists as they become more proficient.
Interesting point.
Real-life GT3 racers use traction control, but sure it’s just for arcade casuals
They do, but it is very tunable... not some canned version where it's.... "on on on" and suddenly "OFF", whoops, sorry about that.
GT3 cars tune allowable wheelspeed differential to car speed directly in conjunction with preferred yaw rate... and other stuff I don't know/understand...
Can you imagine the wormhole we could dive into if we could "tune" stability control (slip angle/yaw-rate) whilst tied to traction control (wheelspeed differential variable upon differing car speeds) parameters ourselves in game...
I'm in.

I don’t know many with gt3 cars as their track day toy
I only know one... and he got to spend a couple weeks (may have been more) of classroom and on-track at Nord's with Merc factory test drivers learning how to drive the car...

I'm really surprised to hear so many people with this opinion. I race cars regularly in reality and this new update is by far the closest GT7 has come close to replicating reality.

The new physics absolutely allows you to push cars on the edge of their limit. This is due to the increased turn in grip and part throttle grip during mid corner acceleration.

You are able brake harder and later now with a much more progressive feel. The tyre model significantly improved. You can literally feel the car / tyres dig and claw around corners now.

Take a RR car. Rev dump it in first gear and notice how the rear of the squats down and tyres dig into the tarmac trying to find grip.

Not even Asseto Corsa replicates that
While the physics are better in realism, that doesnt mean it is easy, there is cases like in spa turn 1 where you can easily lock 4 wheels. Its definelitely Harder now, but looks l from what i can see from other persons is that when learning it, you can be better. I will keep practising, i am learning them better now but still have a few mistakes there and there.

Gallardo Superleggera! What do you guys think?
P8swKcf.jpeg
Front: stock
Side: Type B
Rear: Type A
Spoiler: Type A
Color: Green Pearl Metallic found inside Lamborghini colors. I tried using HSV values for Green Ithaca, but I think it's too bright
Wheels: Painted with Grigio Lynx, another Lamborghini color. I think there's two wheels similar to the real Superleggera: BBS RF and the O.Z Center Lock
Exhaust: Semi-Racing because is the only exhaust with a black matte color. The Sport exhaust is chromed and the Racing exhaust is positioned in the middle of the grile

Don't have a tune yet. Superleggera, as the name suggests, is 80kg lighter, however, Weight Reduction level 1 already brings this car to 1.269 kg, so ballast is required to match the same values. Wish we had that Hood/Window Weight Reduction from GT5. Sometimes I don't need to strip +150kg, I just need a tiny bit.

So far the M3 and this Gallardo are my favorites from this update.

First impression of the new physics is good !
I only got time to try the new Eiger TT, it was only a short run but definitely felt like I could feel more, I don't know but kinda felt more natural, more like what I would expect ... I know I shouldn't really judge based off just one run, hoping to get more of a decent thrash tonight to see if it was just that combo, but for me so far so good !

I'm not saying you were doing this, but I saw plenty of this in the past... and that is...
Those that were abusing the gearbox with rapid downshifts while the car continuously bounced of the rev-limiter... likely will feel that way... I wish Poly would allow the cars to snap spin into oblivion like should be the case when such driving technique is used...

i was noticing a lot of the "fast" guys were dropping a gear last second on corner entry (to control understeer) than shifting back to the gear they actually wanted just before applying power on corner exit... I hope this new physics removes that gimmickry from the fast guys driving requirements.
I finally will have my first chance in a couple hours to try this sucker out, but from what I'm reading from people who actually have track and racing experience (as I do as well), it sounds more than up my alley and what I've been waiting a long time for. Not that I don't already really enjoy GT7 and previous installments, because I always have and do, but it's long needed some refinements to the weight transfer physics and tire model.

And that entire downshift braking/understeer-aid point you make, don't get me started LOL. As you know, if the game was realistic in this regard, it wouldn't snap spin a lot of cars whose drivers downshifted them to too low a gear. It wouldn't do anything, literally (other than when driving cars with stick shifts), because paddle-shift gearboxes ignore downshift requests when road speed exceeds matchable gear speed. It is physically impossible to over downshift these things. PD could have removed that absurd trick/exploit simply by not allowing what should be unallowable downshifts, regardless of any physics update.

Watching replay videos of the fastest online lap-time challenges and seeing guys doing that nonsense corner after corner--I remember the one with the McLaren VGT at Suzuka as being beyond egregiously ridiculous LOL--I've always been like, yeah, I'm not driving that way, I don't care if I'm slower as a result. Even when the handling model isn't entirely realistic, I've always mostly tried to drive as I do in real life and to get the best I can out of that technique in the game. It's always just made the experience feel a lot more real/genuine to me, even as I'm cussing at the terminal understeer you get in some cars in some corners no matter how hard you try to rotate the car through that phase.

Last edited:
Gallardo Superleggera! What do you guys think?
P8swKcf.jpeg
Front: stock
Side: Type B
Rear: Type A
Spoiler: Type A
Color: Green Pearl Metallic found inside Lamborghini colors. I tried using HSV values for Green Ithaca, but I think it's too bright
Wheels: Painted with Grigio Lynx, another Lamborghini color. I think there's two wheels similar to the real Superleggera: BBS RF and the O.Z Center Lock
Exhaust: Semi-Racing because is the only exhaust with a black matte color. The Sport exhaust is chromed and the Racing exhaust is positioned in the middle of the grile

Don't have a tune yet. Superleggera, as the name suggests, is 80kg lighter, however, Weight Reduction level 1 already brings this car to 1.269 kg, so ballast is required to match the same values. Wish we had that Hood/Window Weight Reduction from GT5. Sometimes I don't need to strip +150kg, I just need a tiny bit.

So far the M3 and this Gallardo are my favorites from this update.

I have the same one :D

Wanted to make another Gallardo Balboni and tune it as much as I can to RWD but it seems we can’t buy 4WD control for Gallardo :(

I'm going to have to take a while to adapt to the new physics, but one thing I've noticed (and am liking very much) so far is that (at least in my impression) it makes the cars drive and "feel" more distinctly different. I've also never really enjoyed the LaFerrari before but gave it another go for the Weekly Challenges Supercars event, and whew, what a joy to drive that thing now.

I concur with most people here, cars feel harder but because they react as one would expect from real life; specially braking and tire response. This update is definitely a total pleasure in unlearning a lot and then driving like you would in real life, very very rewarding experience!

Absolutely loving the update so far. The feel of the game is much improved, and I feel the FFB is much improved as well, at least on my end. I'm using the CSL DD Pro with 8nm boost, with freshly updated firmware and driver 457.

However, it seems like, at least for me, FFB for some cars is broken. Cars I've noticed this with are Senna's MP4, F1500T-A, X2019 Comp and Ferrari VGT. On these cars, with the wheel strength and in game FFB strength maxed out, it's still really limp with just some minor details I can feel in the wheel.

Anyone else have had the same experience?

I finally will have my first chance in a couple hours to try this sucker out, but from what I'm reading from people who actually have track and racing experience (as I do as well), it sounds more than up my alley and what I've been waiting a long time for. Not that I don't already really enjoy GT7 and previous installments, because I always have and do, but it's long needed some refinements to the weight transfer physics and tire model.

And that entire downshift braking/understeer-aid point you make, don't get me started LOL. As you know, if the game was realistic in this regard, it wouldn't snap spin a lot of cars whose drivers downshifted them to too low a gear. It wouldn't do anything, literally (other than when driving cars with stick shifts), because paddle-shift gearboxes ignore downshift requests when road speed exceeds matchable gear speed. It is physically impossible to over downshift these things. PD could have removed that absurd trick/exploit simply by not allowing what should be unallowable downshifts, regardless of any physics update.

Watching replay videos of the fastest online lap-time challenges and seeing guys doing that nonsense corner after corner--I remember the one with the McLaren VGT at Suzuka as being beyond egregiously ridiculous LOL--I've always been like, yeah, I'm not driving that way, I don't care if I'm slower as a result. Even when the handling model isn't entirely realistic, I've always mostly tried to drive as I do in real life and to get the best I can out of that technique in the game. It's always just made the experience feel a lot more real/genuine to me, even as I'm cussing at the terminal understeer you get in some cars in some corners no matter how hard you try to rotate the car through that phase.
I can’t agree with you enough my friend… I’ve always told myself.. I’m not going to drive like that even if I’m slower.. hoping one day PD tighten things up. Here we are today and I and truly enjoying the driving experience!

I’m digging Eiger in reverse. It’s catching a few AI out on some corners, but I like the tiny bumps as I’m cornering past the tunnel. Not an ideal circuit for touring cars, but I could see many people’s past points(say that five times fast!) if St Croix were as narrow as Eiger(or if Eiger were as long as St Croix).

How to like Eiger Nordwand: A guide on how to enjoy the track if you do not like Eiger Nordwand.

Step 1: Acquire Ferrari 430 Scuderia or Ferrari 458 Italia

Step 2: Go to custom race, set grid to professional level, with one opponent, either the 430 Scuderia if driving the 458, or vice versa.

Step 3: Turn off boosts, etc, set laps to desired amount, set start position to second of two.

Step 4: Turn off HUD or use PlayStation VR2 if you own said headset.

Step 5: Enjoy the track.

How to like Eiger Nordwand: A guide on how to enjoy the track if you do not like Eiger Nordwand.

Step 1: Acquire Ferrari 430 Scuderia or Ferrari 458 Italia

Step 2: Go to custom race, set grid to professional level, with one opponent, either the 430 Scuderia if driving the 458, or vice versa.

Step 3: Turn off boosts, etc, set laps to desired amount, set start position to second of two.

Step 4: Turn off HUD or use PlayStation VR2 if you own said headset.

Step 5: Enjoy the track.
Sounds like the recipe is a Jamiroquai music video.

Every single pokal wheel added look so good. They are also pretty unique to what was in the game before they arrived. The Pokal DR5 is pretty much my new favorite wheel in the game.

Before Pokal showed up in GT7 I’ve never heard of the brand but it could be they are popular and I’m just out of the loop irl car culture. Either way good job PD for bringing this new brand to the game.

Last edited:
I'm absolutely delighted that you can put a turbo on the Gallardo! I haven't done it yet but I will tonight. I also have to say that the car sounds really good with a racing exhaust... better than the Huracan and Audi R8 GT3. Just make sure that you brake really early for the big banked hairpin on Maggiore or the car will shoot off to the left. At least that's what happens with you equip the fully adjustable suspension kit, steel slotted race brakes and GT3 style front bumper. The car is fine everywhere else though.

Last edited:
@cleanLX @SPOOLMAN @Guffaluff @JDMKING13

OK drove 30 minutes. Mostly wow so far. Finally, that awful terminal understeer we’ve been plagued with for decades seems massively improved. I drove the P1 GTR at the Glen just because that’s the last thing I was doing before the update. Huge difference. Getting the front end down to apexes is no longer a constant war. Can go to power earlier—much earlier in many corners—than before as a result. A+

Then I hit Spa in a Super Formula. I’m using the DD+ wheelbase. The feedback, detail, and change in loading through corners—Eau Rouge, for example—is very good and improved. It’s great. BUT sadly, it’s true: they’ve somehow somewhat nerfed the steering WEIGHT in some cars, indeed. Previously, I ran in-game torque at 5 or 6 and it was good for me in every car. Now? I had to turn it back to max 10 for the SF and it’s still too light. Drivable, but far less engaging and physical.

Previously, I could barely turn the wheel with that torque value set to 10. Now I don’t know if I’ll have to even dial it back at all for my nine-year-old dude to drive. Like, WTF? I really hope PD patches this. In the McLaren GTR at the Glen, I turned it up from my old 5 setting to 7 and it’s fine, so it’s definitely only certain cars. Super weird and silly.

But other than that, this is going to be a blast more than ever in most cars. But they need to fix this weight issue, unless someone figures out it can be solved by Fanatec wheel tuning-menu settings …

Last edited:
After some shenanigans in Laguna Seca/weekly challenge and Tokyo TT, the game changes are growing on me. There‘s the slight issue that I’m fighting the controller because there’s a limit how delicate I can be with it, but after so many hours the game feels fresh again and seems to reward a reasonable gaming style with reasonable laptimes.

MR cars in general big improvement from what I’ve done so far.

I like the new TCS 1 feel as I use it to help my bluntness with my index finger.

Really still not sure about body roll and weight transfer for road cars on soft stock suspension. But it’s good for laughs. My biggest gripe as I love taking some old soapbox for a race in stock form.

Also AI seems a little different and less competitive but need more time with it.

Sausage curbs seem to do their job now.

Overall a mixed bag for me but it made things feel fresh again.

Back