Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
I hope PD will fix the RPM gauge, the bumper rpm gauge reads differently from the cockpit RPM gauge on the 71 Datsun fairlady 240 ZH (HS30)

I hope PD will fix the RPM gauge, the bumper rpm gauge reads differently from the cockpit RPM gauge on the 71 Datsun fairlady 240 ZH (HS30)
You sure this is bugged?
Maybe it is technically correct the way it is represented ingame?
Dont know.

Well it's the only car to do this. For example in bumper view the rpm tach reads 7500rpm but in the cockpit it only reads 6,000 rpm, at the same mph, in each gear

Last edited:
Well it's the only car to do this. For example in bumper view the rpm tach reads 7500rpm but in the cockpit it only reads 6,000 rpm, at the same mile per hour
Is it tuned?
Because in that case the RPM gauge propably displays correctly as a percentage of its potential - though I wouldnt know of any other car that behaves this way.
Just saying that the ingame gauges wont be changed when the car recieves upgrades and usually this ends in the speedometer being to short or the redline being further than the tachometer can show.

Eve
Is it tuned?
Because in that case the RPM gauge propably displays correctly as a percentage of its potential - though I wouldnt know of any other car that behaves this way.
Just saying that the ingame gauges wont be changed when the car recieves upgrades and usually this ends in the speedometer being to short or the redline being further than the tachometer can show.
I thought of this too but I bought a stock one and even in stock form it's doing this, not a big deal I just have to know where my Peak horsepower is which is 7,000, and when I'm in cockpit view I shift at 6,000 which is 7500. And the RPM gauge goes all the way up to 8,000 RPMs. Still fun to drive especially with the V8 swap

Whoa, entered race c, cold without any practice on the new "physics" ehmm i guess i need to start over again?
And how much is physics and how much is settings, after watching @Tidgney exploring the new physics deeper it seems to be a combination of new settings on the cars coupled with new physics..

[
So after more hours i am getting more grip (OMG SEE WHAT I DID THERE) on the new stuff, still Race C, still not very fast, but is it just me or can you put power down earlier and harder than before? On the other hand, coming over the mountain and going down the chicane feels like playing russian roulette with a gun loaded with 6 bullets.

The confidence is building, but i catch myself reacting to the old physics, like premature countersteering coming out of corners..

How do people win the new WTC 600 challenge ? I kinda struggle to find a car that has a pace fast enough to get to the top. Should I use a car tuned for Tokyo, as both tracks seems to have the same characteristics ?

Yeah it's a tricky one, you need the car with a lot of power for the back straight, go with something with SH tires, if I remember correctly, I did it with the 959 and once with the Altenza diesel (both Praiano tunes). But probably yes, some Tokyo tunes will work here. You must not make any mistakes, no spins or mowing the grass, otherwise you won't be able to catch the leading guy.

How do people win the new WTC 600 challenge ? I kinda struggle to find a car that has a pace fast enough to get to the top. Should I use a car tuned for Tokyo, as both tracks seems to have the same characteristics ?
If it is the RUF in front, you need quite a lot of driving skills + a car well tuned.
Otherwise it is really a race as every other.
Tokyo Tunes have much too much top speed emphazise, you wont be revving up to this speed, and I find handling to be much more important because of the more compact nature of all the corners combined.
You might adjust some of the gear ratios, but just as well will the power curve play a certain role to make the most of your newly selected gears.
I was quite succesful with the Focus RS, but with a total race time of 7m16s still 0.5s behind the RUF.
I am very confident I could do it with this setup by "trying harder" as this is not a track I have much experience with, but it could also be that a very different car will pull a victory at ease.
The new Gallardo needed 26:48 with a lot of mistakes. So easy win.
?eh?what do you mean?

I used either the added WRX or the Audi rally car, I can't really remember. It was definetly one of those 2. I have a hard time remembering because it was a non-issue of a race.

I used either the added WRX or the Audi rally car, I can't really remember. It was definetly one of those 2. I have a hard time remembering because it was a non-issue of a race.
WRX 98 makes it quite easy, agree.
7m13s for me was a confident lead.

Since the update and it’s updated PP for nearly all of tue cars the PP value just gets updated when I select the cars, each one after each one.
Is there any kind of workaround to update all the PP values at once in the background?

Assuming this...

But I've not seen a date for implementation yet.
Usually it takes them 2-4 weeks to release those kind of fixes.
Not sure about this time, it might be more complex.

Last edited:
I have now spent enough time with the new physics to have a fully formed opinion and my fully formed opinion is that I don't like them.

It's more realistic probably, but that's not what I personally want out of GT.

I also play Forza Horizon and don't want it to be more realistic and on the other hand I love ACC, but don't want that to become more casual.

I like those games EXACTLY where they are - I liked GT exactly where is was.

To me GT is a bit out of its comfort zone now.

I liked to put on my VR headset, but on a podcast and go on a 10 lap cruise on the Nordschleife, but that's not the game anymore.
I have to be on it at all times and I'm sweating in my rig. :lol:

I'm having less fun.

Given that I don't like Eiger at all and didn't care for the cars, not only was the last update a miss FOR ME, but GT is a worse game now that before the update.

That's my opinion. Happy for everyone who feels differently.

I have now spent enough time with the new physics to have a fully formed opinion and my fully formed opinion is that I don't like them.

I can relate. I don’t know whether I outright dislike the new physics, but the gameplay feels less engaging to me than before.
I'm having less fun.

Complete opposite here. My heart rate has actually dropped because the car does what i expect it to do based on what my hands are telling me. The muscle memory from many many miles irl now kicks in and fixes stuff before my slow little brain catches up.

That said, i’ve been through a bunch of wheel/in game settings and most have been lacking, and if left, would probably put me more in your camp. Things aren’t perfect, oscillations are wicked at speed and i can feel a bounce as corners unload. But i think thats more related to whats causing rocket cars. Some sort of overzealous rebound, rather than any sort of ‘short-circuiting.’

Re eiger. I flipping love roads like this track. Sans the view its pretty representative of the back roads i drive regularly…but man…so flipping short!

I don’t think it’s far-fetched to suspect that PD changed the physics not because they necessarily wanted to, but because Michelin wanted them to. While not everything about the new physics is for the worse, I’d argue that the driving feels too on rails and numb after the physics change.

Let’s face it, GT7 released more than two years ago, so the game doesn’t generate the peak income it used to do. Meanwhile, PD is still supporting the game with content, and it’s probably not cheap for them. So they turn to sponsors like Michelin, Tomica, etc. In other words, PD gets a financial injection at the expense of letting a company like Michelin have a say in how it feels to drive in GT7, getting them portrayed as a reliable and safe tire brand. PD might have had to find a comprise between their own ideals for the physics and what Michelin imposed on GT7 in exchange for their tire sponsorship. I hope not though.

Finally, I don’t care what the talented GTWS drivers have said about the new physics in public, because they know PD would prefer if they kept their honest feedback between PD and themselves.

Last edited:

I also play Forza Horizon and don't want it to be more realistic and on the other hand I love ACC, but don't want that to become more casual.

I liked to put on my VR headset, but on a podcast and go on a 10 lap cruise on the Nordschleife, but that's not the game anymore.

I'm having less fun.

Given that I don't like Eiger at all and didn't care for the cars, not only was the last update a miss FOR ME, but GT is a worse game now that before the update.

I’m with you, man. Some cars feel amazing, but so many feel absolutely awful. I’ve been lucky enough to drive a Gallardo round Donnington and they simply do not understeer that much. My gently tweaked 89 M3 Evo now can’t even brake in a straight line without wanting to rotate. It’s just so weird and unpredictable.

I'll be honest.

I was always gold in TT once I'd started paying attention. I was in silver last week. I'm not saying I hate the update, but my driving style needs to change big time. And tbh I've been a bit bored / also rubbish, after the new update

Got to Weds with the Tokyo TT and I genuinely couldn't be bothered. First time in ages.

But I do get that others might love it which is fine. Just my own opinion is I'm a bit rubbish for now, and I need to work harder to be better again. But it's a pain as I spent 12-18 months perfecting my style before. I think it's a fair moan, I don't hate the game, I'll get better again but I'm in a "meh" mood right now because I don't think a physics update was necessary. Seems like something no one asked for but everyone got.

Would have preferred a few new tracks.

That's my opinion.

Last edited:
I notice that RGT's cockpit view is off-center.

Untitled.jpg

Complete opposite here. My heart rate has actually dropped because the car does what i expect it to do based on what my hands are telling me. The muscle memory from many many miles irl now kicks in and fixes stuff before my slow little brain catches up.

That said, i’ve been through a bunch of wheel/in game settings and most have been lacking, and if left, would probably put me more in your camp. Things aren’t perfect, oscillations are wicked at speed and i can feel a bounce as corners unload. But i think thats more related to whats causing rocket cars. Some sort of overzealous rebound, rather than any sort of ‘short-circuiting.’

Re eiger. I flipping love roads like this track. Sans the view its pretty representative of the back roads i drive regularly…but man…so flipping short!
Once again, we are in complete agreement. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone, looking at all the posts complaining about the new physics. I keep thinking, "Are we playing the same game?" From my point of view, most everything is better. From feedback (through the wheel), to better weight distribution/transfer, to more realistic braking (i.e LESS on rails, not more on rails, as some have said). My lap times are faster, I've barely had to change anything (if at all, in some circumstances) with regards to car tuning, my wheel just needed the "force" bumped up one click (not even convinced that was entirely necessary), and the rally experience is sooooooo much better. I have very few bad experiences with the new update. As you said, it's not perfect, but it sure seems a helluva lot closer than it was before the update. I can only assume some questionable driving habits are to blame. The previous physics build rewarded more aggressive driving styles. This new update does not, and I am loving it. The cars feel more alive. They move under braking. They understeer/oversteer in a more predictable manner (unless you're used to being more aggressive with your inputs). I don't know for sure, obviously, but it seems like this new update flatters those who have more of a realistic approach to driving/racing. I'm sure many of you are gearing up to tell me how wrong I am....lol.

I'm having less fun.

I can relate. I don’t know whether I outright dislike the new physics, but the gameplay feels less engaging to me than before.

Game developers, like many other product makers, can never win with everyone. I couldn’t be more 180 to you guys than I am 🤣

For years, GT has been dubbed “simcade,” often as an insult—which I find to be a moronic name because even something like ACC that so many people consider a true, great sim isn’t especially realistic in certain ways.

GT’s tagline has always been “The Real Driving Simulator.” Now it’s arguably closer to that than it’s ever been and people are still moaning. About that exact thing.

Podcasts? Laid-back cruising drives? Are these really reasons to complain or criticize the new package? I never considered GT was ever intended to be the lazy Sunday driving simulator LOL

Last edited:
Once again, we are in complete agreement. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone, looking at all the posts complaining about the new physics. I keep thinking, "Are we playing the same game? …

The cars feel more alive. They move under braking. They understeer/oversteer in a more predictable manner (unless you're used to being more aggressive with your inputs). I don't know for sure, obviously, but it seems like this new update flatters those who have more of a realistic approach to driving/racing.
ONE. HUNDERED. PERCENT.
I'm sure many of you are gearing up to tell me how wrong I am....lol.
You are not wrong.

Last edited:
I did some laps on the new time trial with the old Honda F1...before the new update suspensions on this car felt like a stiff piece of wood and tire grip was too much on and off. Now it's amazing to drive, feels like a proper old race car when it comes to supension traveling,wieght shift and tire grip :D. Same thing was hapeening also with the Group C cars before the update, i wonder if they have improved aswell

Last edited:
Some of these hyperbolic and dramatic posts are hilarious... and kinda sad.

People not liking the update because it's more realistic is a super weird take. Why would you actually want a driving game to stray farther from reality to appease some weird preference for "easy" driving? It's literally labeled the "Real Driving Simulator". Should anyone expect PD to not aim for realism?!

That all avoids the fact that cars are still very easy to drive in the game. Even easier than before. If you have problems gently cruising a 450PP car around the Ring while listening to the latest episode of This American Life then there are bigger issues afoot.

I think a LOT of people need to slow down, take it easier, and figure things out. The game is now objectively better. It's not really up for much debate either, the core players, fast competitors, alien TT'ers and those of us with real world experience almost universally think so. The vast majority of us are having a great time, wheel or controller. It may take a little bit to re-adjust... it took me a minute too. But these "it's broken/dead/over" comments are just nonsense.

And I'm sorry, I appreciate that lots of people find it entertaining, but if you use Forza Horizon as any kind of a metric for fun driving physics then all you're doing is letting us know that your opinion on the way a car acts can't be trusted.

Game developers, like many other product makers, can never win with everyone. I couldn’t be more 180 to you guys than I am 🤣

For years, GT has been dubbed “simcade,” often as an insult—which I find to be a moronic name because even something like ACC that so many people consider a true, great sim isn’t especially realistic in certain ways.

GT’s tagline has always been “The Real Driving Simulator.” Now it’s arguably closer to that than it’s ever been and people are still moaning. About that exact thing.

Podcasts? Laid-back cruising drives? Are these really reasons to complain or criticize the new package? I never considered GT was ever intended to be the lazy Sunday driving simulator LOL
It's my personal preference and I've made that very clear. You can't argue with that.

I disagree that more realistic automatically equals better.

There are other games (that I also play) that already do that well.

GT always had a very unique flavor that I really liked.

I assume enthusiasts (like you would find on this very forum) are most likely in the minority and given how much GT has sold over the years the space between "sim" and "cade" that GT occupied was pretty popular.
PD certainly felt at home there. I wonder what caused this drastic shift.

It's my personal preference and I've made that very clear. You can't argue with that.

I disagree that more realistic automatically equals better.

There are other games (that I also play) that already do that well.

GT always had a very unique flavor that I really liked.

I assume enthusiasts (like you would find on this very forum) are most likely in the minority and given how much GT has sold over the years the space between "sim" and "cade" that GT occupied was pretty popular.
PD certainly felt at home there. I wonder what caused this drastic shift.
I understand it's your preference, and you're free to express it, but GT has always been about being more realistic than its competitors in all generations. Their goals of being a driving "simulator" dictates that they continue to progress towards that goal. People have lambasted them for not being sim enough for years now, but that doesn't change their goals of chasing realism, and this update clearly moves the franchise in that direction.

I'm sorry you feel different, but I fear your want for a more casual game is likely to be found elsewhere.

Last edited:
I understand it's your preference, and you're free to express it, but GT has always been about being more realistic than its competitors in all generations. Their goals of being a driving "simulator" dictates that they continue to progress towards that goal. People have lambasted them for not being sim enough for years now, but that doesn't change their goals of chasing realism, and this update clearly moves the franchise in that direction.

I'm sorry you feel different, but I fear your want for a more casual game is likely to be found elsewhere.
So you think PD were always striving for what GT7 is since the update, but only right now figured out how to do it?

Hot take if you ask me.

I think they knew exactly what and where they were on the racing game spectrum and felt right at home there.

They haven't been more realistic than their competition nor have they tried to be since the PS3 generation IMO.

Where we are today represents a shift and not an evolution.

Back