Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,611 comments
For me it’s a relief to see Eiger Nordwand and not Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. I’ve said it before but that track wouldn’t make much sense in a game like Gran Turismo. The circuit is largely synonymous with F1 and trackside scenery is mostly walls and trees in close proximity to a very flat track. Kinda boring, no? Montreal surroundings may be scenic, but the circuit’s immediate environment is uninspiring. Similar to Albert Park in Melbourne.

In contrast, Eiger will offer a breath of fresh air in the context of GT7, and I think it was the very first track PD released in the 720p era of Gran Turismo. It was a stunning tech demonstration back then and now it will look four times better.
Montreal is good track for racing, Eiger is good for what?

For me it’s a relief to see Eiger Nordwand and not Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. I’ve said it before but that track wouldn’t make much sense in a game like Gran Turismo. The circuit is largely synonymous with F1 and trackside scenery is mostly walls and trees in close proximity to a very flat track. Kinda boring, no? Montreal surroundings may be scenic, but the circuit’s immediate environment is uninspiring. Similar to Albert Park in Melbourne.

In contrast, Eiger will offer a breath of fresh air in the context of GT7, and I think it was the very first track PD released in the 720p era of Gran Turismo. It was a stunning tech demonstration back then and now it will look four times better.
Perfect. Agree 100%... we don't need another bland track. Eiger is such an awesome surprise. It was one of my favorite tracks in GT5-6 to test the cars in a more road-a-like environment.

And the E36? I was waiting for this since like... GT2? Finally, my dream car is on Gran Turismo. ❤️

Question: will the Michelin tires effect the older car tires? Will they stay the same? Will they have Michelin tires from that time period?

Eiger Nordwand was one of the most unique tracks in GT5 and it genuinely felt special. No, it doesn't get as much recognition as Grand Valley, High Speed Ring, Deep Forest and Midfield Raceway but come on, when you think GT5, this track immediately jumps to mind. It's a solid choice because it played an important role in the PS3's development, acting as a technical showcase for the future of GT at the time. This track is symbolic of the transition from PS2 to PS3 and it's good to see that PD hasn't forgotten about it. Circuit Gilles Villenueve is great but it doesn't have history with GT so it's less of a priority I suppose. You know what would be good though? A time trial with the Alfa Romeo 8C to replicate the challenge from "The Grand Tour" special event in GT5.

Last edited:
Question: will the Michelin tires effect the older car tires? Will they stay the same? Will they have Michelin tires from that time period?
Imagine they had the Impala, Fusion, and Camry NASCARS from GT5/6.

You load up your game and BAM, everyone's got Michelins on.

And to make matters worse, the online league you just entered? Next round is at the indy road course. :scared:

Last edited:
snc
Montreal is good track for racing, Eiger is good for what?
DRIVING! :D Feeling the car changing directions, having to handle the huge weight transfers, enjoying the beautiful location, powersliding/drifting your car the most gorgeous way the corner just before the tunnel and perfecting the last corners to make a fast lap.

Ever tried hotlapping Eiger? It can get pretty technical.

Last edited:
A good handful of nice addons, but nothing groundbreaking or game changing from the trailer.

The physics overhaul is of interest as to what they do with it and we don't know what else will be done/added to the game. With that said, would it really hurt them that much to get some people working on adding a championship or clubman cup plus events for singleplayer? maybe work on the bugs from custom races or add a handful of AI to private lobby races?

Trying to stay positive about the game, at least they're adding stuff...
We don’t know yet which events are about to be added or not

Six cars, a track, more Sophy, more rims, new tires, and new physics? Not bad.

Eiger reminded me of a fun mini touge back in the day.

I'm glad fans get their E36.

The Ruf looks fun, and I've missed the Gallardo, but I would've preferred the 599 over the F430 Scuderia. And a fourth generation Prelude instead of the Genesis. Or an HSV instead of the Genesis. Or any Caterham instead of the Genesis. Hell, I'd take a Daihatsu Midget II instead of the Genesis.

For me this is HUGE! I'm so glad they are bringing this track back. I have so many fond memories of it from that free HD concept game for PS3 back in the earlier days. Me and my friends would always play it trying to beat each others times and drift scores.

So yeah, I'm so glad, and it doesn't look ruined like the Grand Valley Speed Way.
And the cars, lovely! Especially the Subaru!

These updates are making GT5 & 6 more and more obsolete for me, since I tend to sometimes go back to GT5 for certain stuff that GT7 is missing. I mean the only other major track I want back is Motegi.

By the way, random but, something I'm shocked we still haven't gotten is the FD2 Civic Type R.

Last edited:
Very nice update 😃 Shame we have to wait a couple more weeks, though.
Thought it would be coming this Thursday. Oh well....

A nice balance- a car from the 90s, two from the naughties, one from the 10s and a 20s VGT (although I'm indifferent to VGTs) Eiger is a great returning addition 👍

By the way, random but, something I'm shocked we still haven't gotten is the FD2 Civic Type R.
That, the EP3, and the DC5.

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

Wonder if we'll all have to jump back in the tyre options and select the tyres for the branding to load. Maybe they’ll automatically be applied to our cars already fitted with racing tyres.
Thing is, it’s a bit odd(should have been like this from the start) to apply the branding at GT Auto and not in the livery editor as other tyre branding are.
Treaded tyres look official now.
IMG_4539.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice update 😃 Shame we have to wait a couple more weeks, though.
Thought it would be coming this Thursday. Oh well....

A nice balance- a car from the 90s, two from the naughties, one from the 10s and a 20s VGT (although I'm indifferent to VGTs) Eiger is a great returning addition 👍
What’s the date? I missed that.

Seeing how they used the GT DD Extreme wheel for the World Series, it would have been a great opportunity to introduce the FullForce technology for the wheel. However, I don't expect we'll be seeing it in this update. With a new physics model being implemented they will probably have to work out any bugs we may incur. I do hope though that we get the FullForce sometime before the end of the year.

Just went back to GT6 to run the Gallardo and the Scud around Eiger. Really fun track to do hot laps on, just a bit too short. Hopefully it’ll be a little longer. Beautiful track can’t wait 👍🏻

Nice update!

Must admit I'm really looking forward to sophy on the ring 24.

Hopefully that'll sort the silly indicating/pulling over issue from the other cars!

Very surprised about the positive reception, but I’m happy for you guys obviously.

I don’t think Eiger has anything going for it besides nostalgia personally.

The thought that it’s probably gonna be like half a year for a shot at a new track I actually want to race on bums me out 😂😂😂

I’m a bit sad really.

Back