Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49 Revealed: Eiger Nordwand to Return, Plus Six New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 606 comments
on the whole, this is a solid update. I’d have preferred to get Apricot Hill, but Eiger is a classic GT circuit so I’m happy.
Apricot Hill will not come back!!
xx.jpg

By the way. Everybody is excited for new track and physics yet nobody noted that this is second update in a row with more than „standard” 3 cars added? :) last month 5 this month 6. GT7 isn’t dying this update feels fresh :)
Last month had nothing, the previous update was 1.48 at the end of May. 1.49 is coming at the end of July. It's two months in between.

I wonder if the physics update and Eiger being in the same update is related, thinking about it.

Eiger has a jump on the (old) pit straight. GT7's current aerial physics are notoriously bad, as anyone who did the Windmills weekly challenge last week will attest. You can kind of get away with that when it's just affecting the rally tracks most people don't care too much about, but when you add a new asphalt track with a jump the physics for it need to actually work, hence the update.

Looking forward to: the return of Eiger,E36,WRX WRC, and the new wheels. As for the physics, we shall see. Besides I'm on a PS4 so I may not notice much anyway.

Can't believe that they waited until they had a big event at a real race track, to announce the arrival of some pixel fantasy land instead.
Never understood this. What game do you think you're playing? Gran Turismo literally started as only fantasy tracks.

It's genuinely astonishing to me people make up their own expectations based on genuinely nothing (because reality is the complete opposite) and then get angry and whiny on the internet that the thing they made up wasn't actually real.

kjb
How could they not have the AZ1 in this update? Worst update ever! GT7 is dead in the water!
J/k This looks to be a good update. Curious on the prices and what swaps will be available. Maybe a V12 swap for the Tuscan? One can only hope 😊
Hey, we can't get every great, most-wanted car in the same patch. The E36 is going to please a legion of fans, and I'm personally overjoyed for the Gallardo and 430 Scuderia returning, been waiting to Nürb them for ages. Then it keeps getting better! A WRX with Colin McRae pedigree, and a Ruf I didn't know I wanted, all this and one of GT5's best tracks for sports cars!

The Tuscan already has a V8 swap, I don't expect it'll be the first car to get a second swap option, unfortunately.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Very excited for the e36 and its likely s55 engine swap down the road. I remember the Impreza rally car being very good from previous titles and the fact it’s coming back kinda makes me think we’re gunna get multiple track layouts, why add a rally car without a dirt layout ya know. A little worried about the change in physics, hopefully it’s just changes in grip in the wet and tire grip levels with the brands being added. I really dont want to have to redo 400+ tunes, but overall looking forward to this one!

Last edited:
Not that there'd ever be much doubt given the Celica is there, but the Impreza is confirmed for Gr.B via the top bar of the menu during the wheels section of the trailer.

The 918 they use to show the tyres off with is also not at its stock PP level (690, stock it is 682 currently). It could be tuned to be fair, but given there's physics updates it's more likely PP values are going to be changing across the board.

@05XR8 Looks like we can finally have sticker tires on road cars with this new Michelin tires.
View attachment 1370570
Best friggin’ update ever!!! :lol::cool:

And..and.. new wheels! Weren’t “we” just talking about this like forever?!!!
PD do surprises well™️ INDEED!!!

Listen, I let everyone live and enjoy what they like in updates, but you can keep the damn track. I don’t care about that. We have an E36! All the liveries now. :lol: Super Touring era begins with this update. We just need the Primera and GT7 wins as the best in the series. Slow start, but holy smokes and gee whiz! I’m happy. Can you tell?

1720312065696.jpeg

1720312099285.jpeg

My quote from April.
The M3 is eleventh car by votes.
There’s a big possibility it will show up. Maybe not in my lifetime, but it’ll show up. Mark my words in the future. Archives will show I typed the E36 will show up. ;)

For me it’s a relief to see Eiger Nordwand and not Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. I’ve said it before but that track wouldn’t make much sense in a game like Gran Turismo. The circuit is largely synonymous with F1 and trackside scenery is mostly walls and trees in close proximity to a very flat track. Kinda boring, no? Montreal surroundings may be scenic, but the circuit’s immediate environment is uninspiring. Similar to Albert Park in Melbourne.

In contrast, Eiger will offer a breath of fresh air in the context of GT7, and I think it was the very first track PD released in the 720p era of Gran Turismo. It was a stunning tech demonstration back then and now it will look four times better.

Last edited:
Here’s the link for the new wheels manufacturer.
Established in 2014, Pokal Custom Felgen (Pokal Wheels) is a custom forged wheel manufacturing company located in Los Angeles, California.

All of our wheels are made from aerospace grade forged aluminium – FEA tested with emphasis on accuracy and rigidity.

Each wheel is engineered with extreme precision and skilled machining. We test all of our wheels at ligament race tracks for serious users as well. The entire line of Pokal Custom Felgen wheels are focused on our premier finish, whether it be polished, chrome, brushed or powder-coated.

Our design standards we are making for the scene rapidly come and go. Some are inspired from classic heritage, other designs are created from a blank canvas. But It can be said that all for our products are aimed for the classy / traditional look with some innovative essence.

This wheel, I’m guessing is going to be one of the most popular in the game, next to a BBS RS.
IMG_4527.jpeg

Back