Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.50 Released, With Kangaroo Car Fix

• Thread starter Famine
  • 100 comments
there`s a new YouTube video announcing Wreckfest 2
"New" is stretching it a bit...

PP adjustments in version 1.50 seem to be affecting Impreza WRX and Lancer Evolution models the most. Good, because I always felt the PP system severely underrated these cars relative to other cars in their class. They already received a PP boost in 1.49 and now again 1.50.

Last edited:
What if PD just....gave everyone back the update prior to the new track update that broke everything and then ironed out the issues and then released it when it actually works?
not everyone thinks "everything is broken." I've driven a number of different cars since the update and my experience is that most of them feel better. In fact I think the new physics are largely a substantial improvement. I don't want to go back.

not everyone thinks "everything is broken." I've driven a number of different cars since the update and my experience is that most of them feel better. In fact I think the new physics are largely a substantial improvement. I don't want to go back.
Same here, admittedly I play with a pad and not a wheel but the new physics feel fantastic and I'm yet to hit a single issue.

Wide body with custom wheels and fully customisable suspension? if so, I have the same problem, even if I set the suspension to stock ride height, so my solution is to use stock wheels and now I can use the default fully customisable suspension settings without the tires hitting the wheel arches which would stop the car from turning normally. There are few other cars I have to do this with, don't remember which ones right now.
Hope they fix this. The Car must behave with all Tuning Settings normal.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the new physics are bad. I'm saying there is something actually bugging out with the steering, for whatever reason. I wasn't in the mood to troubleshoot exactly what the issue was.

For example, I started Eiger, and during the "3..2..1..Go" bit with the camera circling the car, the car swerved into the wall and was grinding against it. Then I get control and the car steers correctly until you give it like.. more than 45 degrees rotation? As in turning from 12 o'clock past 3 o'clock, then game would just instantly full lock the steering (in-game, not my physical wheel) in that direction and lock until I turned the wheel like 45 degrees to left of center then it would swing back and lock the other way. I thought it was a wheel calibration issue but didn't seem to be. The one or two other cars I tried were fine, likely because they were stock. Actually, I think I did try it with just controller and it did the same thing.

I'm just surprised to see so much.. confusion? Dissent? I looked it up when the patch came out and saw other people having the same issue so I knew it wasn't just a me problem and put the game down. A new patch comes out and I wanna do my usual thing of trying the new cars and mod'ing them etc. If this isn't a known issue or people don't believe me, I could try and get some footage to help the community. Maybe it is something on my end and I'm doing something wrong 🤷‍♂️ I tried turning the wheel on and off, restarting the game etc.

Using a Fanatec GT DD btw

Last edited:
The way PD are doing it is wrong. I posted this Best Motoring JTCC Super Touring video of a road car and its race car comparison.

Turning circle and modifications to bodywork. Steering angle is reduced.

It shouldn’t just be certain cars with certain widebody and certain wheels and default race suspension. There should at least be a red zone of suspension parameters that indicate to players where tyre rub may or will cause problems with fitments.
Other than that tyre rub on compression at speed should be indicated with light smoke or rubber meeting inner guard sound.

The widebody should act like this for those certain cars. Certain cars don’t have the over fender option, but just a slightly wider fender. That should be the fender rolling to allow the wider tyre not to rub the fender.

There shouldn't be the stuttering/skipping effect on modified cars. Thats the purpose of modifying them with the tools available.

Last edited:
I can confirm that most tuned road cars, like the Gallardo, still have unrealistic wobbly physics, especially on top speed runs and banked turns. Some race cars have issues too. For example, the Porsche 962 C’s bouncing front end.
I’m still testing all 919 of my cars, but so far the current physics engine is pure garbage on anything that isn’t GT racers or stock road cars.

Nothing like a badly set up set of coilovers to ruin the handling of a car, many’s a car ends up worse than if it were left stock for this very reason.

Again I’m referring to real life so well done pd for accurately simulating this.......

Or not,
I don’t know,
all I do know is I’m finding stock cars, race cars and the few cars in game that I’ve modded to behave more in a manner that feels more rooted in reality that I’ve experienced.

I can confirm that most tuned road cars, like the Gallardo, still have unrealistic wobbly physics, especially on top speed runs and banked turns. Some race cars have issues too. For example, the Porsche 962 C’s bouncing front end.
I’m still testing all 919 of my cars, but so far the current physics engine is pure garbage on anything that isn’t GT racers or stock road cars.
Maybe the garbage is in the tuning

They didn't fix the suspension issues. They just slapped some sort of limiter similar to what prevents the cars from rolling over online to avoid them jumping. But the suspensions issues were not limited to sending cars into space. It's almost as if you removed the shocks from some of the cars and only left the springs.

Here's an example recorded in 1.50 :

"New" is stretching it a bit...

I picked a book up recently from the Oxfam shop "10 things you must know about dinosaurs" - at this point you're wondering "whats he waffling on about now" .......bare with me. the thing about dinosaurs is the time thing, like being around for over 200 million years (just read that again & think about it) one fact i`ll mention is that we are closer to T-rex in time than T Rex is to Stegosaurus .......Can we agree a long time ? ........Famine me old mucker 4 days aint that long is it ? 🌝

I picked a book up recently from the Oxfam shop "10 things you must know about dinosaurs" - at this point you're wondering "whats he waffling on about now" .......bare with me. the thing about dinosaurs is the time thing, like being around for over 200 million years (just read that again & think about it) one fact i`ll mention is that we are closer to T-rex in time than T Rex is to Stegosaurus .......Can we agree a long time ? ........Famine me old mucker 4 days aint that long is it ? 🌝
Days, yes. Inches, no.

Back