Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.50 Released, With Kangaroo Car Fix

• Thread starter Famine
  • 100 comments
Looks like the update is possibly related to the tyre model instead of suspension?

I only watched the first two minutes, but what he says there in regards to the tires is referring to changes that were already part of 1.49. I don't think 1.5 changed anything in that regard, althougn I haven't played since the update came out.

Last edited:
Agree. Try driving a stock Lancer with sports medium tyres in the 1st section of nurburgring and you'll see the physics is glitched worst than before....
This was such a specific note that I had to try it. I used the 15 Lancer "Final" but left it on SH's. I expected more- it actually drives like a big American sedan. I have a 2013 Impala LTZ in real life so it's valid reference. It was my mom's, and my son drives it- with 18" rubber and 300+ HP, it's a beast. As for the Lancer, after a few minutes to get used to the car, it was fine. With SM's and maybe the Sport suspension, it would be decent. I'm not really a Lancer guy, so it'll probably never get driven again. I'm on a PS5/G29/hardwired LAN/4K 65 TV just for reference.

I like 1.49. I'm not surprised that it seems to have broken a lot of setups, tho.

They didn't fix the suspension issues. They just slapped some sort of limiter similar to what prevents the cars from rolling over online to avoid them jumping. But the suspensions issues were not limited to sending cars into space. It's almost as if you removed the shocks from some of the cars and only left the springs.

Here's an example recorded in 1.50 :

That seems to correlate with the fact that some cars that would formerly jump would now instead wheelie:

EDIT: Read the entire Twitter thread, turns out you did say later that wheelie isn't the issue.

Last edited:
I only watched the first two minutes, but what he says there in regards to the tires is referring to changes that were already part of 1.49. I don't think 1.5 changed anything in that regard, althougn I haven't played since the update came out.
I noticed a lot less understeer in daily race B today. Maybe suspension was modified? It's so hard to understand

The update didn't really fix the issue. In my AFK grind setup (Beat '91 against a field of neutered Tomahawks), the Tomahawks now bounce - lightly, like, I don't know, a basketball? - but they didn't before. Their physics engine is FUBAR.

That seems to correlate with the fact that some cars that would formerly jump would now instead wheelie:

EDIT: Read the entire Twitter thread, turns out you did say later that wheelie isn't the issue.

I'm seeing the same exact things happen on my side too and my suspicions that PD would just slap a height limit on cars is proven to be true. The Dodge tomahawk I use to grind Daytona now flies into the sky and gets pushed back down to the ground on race start.

The update didn't really fix the issue. In my AFK grind setup (Beat '91 against a field of neutered Tomahawks), the Tomahawks now bounce - lightly, like, I don't know, a basketball? - but they didn't before. Their physics engine is FUBAR.
Yep same here. I had to change the gear ratio of 7th so it would stop bouncing. If you do a burnout in the Tomahawk like I did for testing, the wheel hop it produces is exactly like a basketball

Last edited:
They’ll probably fix it properly in the next update, the height limit I imagine is a temporary fix to stop the worst of it.

I imagine the issue/time consuming part is making sure you don’t undo the improved damping and suspension in the process of stopping the bouncing reactions. I have faith they’ll be able to do that, but it might take some time.

Perhaps, if it’ll take multiple updates to completely fix, that they’ll include what changes they’ve made at the time into each update until it’s fully fixed.

Last edited:
I'm seeing the same exact things happen on my side too and my suspicions that PD would just slap a height limit on cars is proven to be true. The Dodge tomahawk I use to grind Daytona now flies into the sky and gets pushed back down to the ground on race start.

Yep same here. I had to change the gear ratio of 7th so it would stop bouncing. If you do a burnout in the Tomahawk like I did for testing, the wheel hop it produces is exactly like a basketball
Yeah, I reverted the suspension to default and made the 7th go to 200 kph and that stopped the bouncing.

Yeah, I reverted the suspension to default and made the 7th go to 200 kph and that stopped the bouncing.
I suspect the September update will probably cause another issue and we'll have to redo our setups. The physics model will get yet another untested glitchy revision and we'll become the testers

I suspect the September update will probably cause another issue and we'll have to redo our setups. The physics model will get yet another untested glitchy revision and we'll become the testers
Free update where the physics are getting closer to real sim racing. Yet everyone is focused on tiny problems. Of course, all the setups were going to be broken. It’s a complete physics change.

This is by far and away the best update in GT7s short life. And it’s free as all the updates have been.

Free update where the physics are getting closer to real sim racing. Yet everyone is focused on tiny problems. Of course, all the setups were going to be broken. It’s a complete physics change.

This is by far and away the best update inre GT7s short life. And it’s free as all the updates have been.
I wouldnt call strange handling characteristics on some cars a tiny problem.

If the tires are Getting caught on the body, fenders, there should be an effect
Yes and no.
1. Tyres shall not be caught, allowing this setup is stupid
2. By correct physics there has to be an effect when 2 objects collide

Imagine ...
A: I want my car lowered by 200mm
B: that is below surface level
A: then start digging?

Don't know if anyone else has notice (as I mentioned previously), some stock cars most notably older 4WDs (Evo III, IV) maybe because of weaker suspension and higher ride height behaves weirdly around bumpy corners. It seems like the suspension and drivetrain wants to jump and leave the track but the algo on the physics tells the tyres to stick to the ground. I play using rear of car view with a controller, during replays the car body and the rest of the car don't look right. Been doing nurburgring time trails using stock cars ever since GT7 came out, and after 1.50 update never seen the car behave and look so weird.

Last edited:
not everyone thinks "everything is broken." I've driven a number of different cars since the update and my experience is that most of them feel better. In fact I think the new physics are largely a substantial improvement. I don't want to go back.
What do you use to drive?

It seems like the suspension and drivetrain wants to jump and leave the track but the algo on the physics tells the tyres to stick to the ground.
This is the best description of what I feel about update 1.50. I just did not really have words to describe it. You did it. This is applicable to pretty much every car.

I actually made a little progress. I've leveled out the ride height in most of my FR road car setups and golded several more sections on the CE's (sadly no new complete CE golds...yet). One of those had that irritating issue where my "best" time was now in gold territory but I still only had silver. I ran that section a few times and got the gold.
This update forces you to actually get into tuning. None of us are perfect with it. I got some ideas from praiano myself. Praiano isn't perfect and never claimed to be. I'm not perfect. You just have to dig in there and learn what stuff does, and you MUST tune to the tires you're running.
I need to post more of my own tunes. Maybe they'll help, or they may introduce to to my friend Barry R. Even so, taking tunes from someone else will not solve the root issues, the root problem here is you need to at least learn the basics of tuning your cars. If you download a tune and there's one or two things you don't like then you'll be able to improve them and have a car you like. Anyone can go into the settings sheet and add 50 units of down force to increase traction or swap in a smaller turbo in hopes of saving fuel. An expert tuner can get you precisely 7.2 millimeters of ride height on the Porsche Curves and exactly five laps on a single tank of fuel, but your lap times won't suffer noticeably if you get "close enough" with 8mm ride height and 5.3 laps per tank.

Last edited:
I may have found an undocumented enhancement as a result of 1.50. I posted about it here.

It appears the recording quality when in VR has improved from 1.49 to 1.50. At least with regards to the HUD. I have not changed anything between versions but there is a noticeable improvement in video quality.

I may have found an undocumented enhancement as a result of 1.50. I posted about it here.
We have undocumented changes thread for every update. :)

Edit: Never mind. I see you just posted there.

Last edited:
We have undocumented changes thread for every update. :)
I was looking for that but didn't see it when searching for 1.50. I've posted there now as well.

the Radical, Vulcan, Valkyrie, a bunch of Porsches old and new, any car in any of the online TTs, the Xbow, the F1500, a whole bunch of others.
What peripheral do your hands touch when you want to move the cars around in the game?

What peripheral do your hands touch when you want to move the cars around in the game?
lol I wasn't expecting the spanish inquisition.

The peripheral my hands touch is either a G29 wheel (mostly) or the PS5 controller. I'm reasonably certain I'm not the only person who likes the new physics. I'm not saying everything is perfect or there aren't problematic cars (which I expect will have parameters adjusted over time to work better with the new physics) I'm just saying I don't want to go back to the old.

Last edited:
The 1.50 update has broken my favorite race.
Take part in the Clubman Cup+ at Watkins Glen and see H. Ojala's white Evo VI on the starting grid.
His Evo is sure to crash in the gentle S-turn right at the start.

There are still cars that can't be driven because they have no PP.

the swapped C2 corvette, i need to put different compounds on it (comfort in front and sports in the back for instance).

Back