Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.52 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 531 comments
So weird. They extend the paint for pit entry at Eiger, but the Suzuka Banner hasn’t changed.
The pit entry identification is functional, the Suzuka banner is cosmetic.
You need twice the game install size available to update on PlayStation 4. Because it copies the entire game to install the update.
Being on a PS4 i then have to delete entire game and re-install to eliminate the un-erased old data that clogs the storage space makes as "other"
I don't use the Japanese car's because they're all boring. Although I do have an NSX '02 in my favorites though.
Reading all of the other posts after that quote I still believe that if old-richard wants to be that exclusive in his garage then let him, even if we think he is wrong and narrow minded.

I like the van… I think it delivers.
IMG_4462.jpeg

OK so just to chip back in

@Vule and of course everyone else who might disagree on some guys observations
Here's some other guy basically saying the same what I do.
And that's hours after I've posted my messages.

So yeah at the end of the day I couldn't care less.
But hey I gave you a good laugh so nothing wrong about that I guess 😉

Kie agreeing with you discredits your point, not validates it. He's fast but he hasn't a clue about the intricacies of physics.

OK so just to chip back in

@Vule and of course everyone else who might disagree on some guys observations
Here's some other guy basically saying the same what I do.
And that's hours after I've posted my messages.

So yeah at the end of the day I couldn't care less.
But hey I gave you a good laugh so nothing wrong about that I guess 😉

Kie's one of the most infamous lolcows in the community so you're not exactly providing strong evidence.

I'd love to hear Super GT's opinion on the physics as he's obviously big GT7 player that has actually driven a GT (what I would consider a Gr4) car.

Last edited:
Not just by some guy.
I'm some guy who plays GT Games for over 25 years.
Some Guy who plays every day for hours.
Some guy who plays with a Wheel since 2001.
Some guy who plays with a high end Direct Drive Wheel with Load cell pedals.
Some guy who is in most cases just a second at most slower then the fastest guys on this game.
Some Guy who plays every day and has clocked up until now over 4500hours of play time.
Very impressive resume, congratulations, I'm very happy for you!
You most probably have right now disqualified yourself.
From what? I'm not the one that jumped on the forum 1 hour after the update has been released, claiming that we are back to the old pre 1.49 physics.

Due Evolution meetting races i created a monster EVO 9 with a Escudo V6!!!!
The car with that engine is dead in low revs but when reaches mid ones get crazy and Saturn V rocket engines starts!!!!
I haven't tune any car with engine swap until now.. (and i will not again in the near future!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:)
The most awkward moment of this creation was when I went to used cars to have it appraised..... and what did I see!!!! 5k to add in car price for this 1mil motor setup!!!!! W T .......!!!!! PD is debunking the concept of selling cars and especially those in which we have invested a lot of money.... This is rediculous!!!!
My Own Monster GIF by X Ambassadors

Last edited:
Kie agreeing with you discredits your point, not validates it. He's fast but he hasn't a clue about the intricacies of physics.
No it doesn't. It actually just shows that the subjective perception is quite the same, which in conclusion means that assuming that you're no physicist either same as me or Kie are not too, it just shows that my statements can't be that far off.

Kie's one of the most infamous lolcows in the community so you're not exactly providing strong evidence.
Your opinion in all honors about Kie, but again you can't deny the fact that he is also one of the guys who most probably plays the game quite a lot.
Maybe more then the average Joe, so I think that sometimes it's not a bad thing to listen to or believe what people with experience have to say.
Of course you are free to disagree.
But facts are facts.
Whether you like to agree or not.

Very impressive resume, congratulations, I'm very happy for you!
Thank you but I think there is nothing more to add to that.
From what? I'm not the one who jumped on the
forum 1 hour after the update has been released, claiming that we are back to the old pre 1.49 physics.
Yet you are the one calling me some guy.
As if I'm just some random player.
You know before I call someone some guy, I better make sure who I'm actually referring to.
Never a bad idea to make some research 🙂

The install is taking for ever… tried canceling it and downloading and installing it again but no difference… was hoping to play this evening, but seems like it’s going to be a while 😅

2. Steering Controller
- The Auto Setup setting for the Fanatec® Podium has been changed to better suit the Torque mode.
 ・When on High Torque mode, selecting Auto Setup (AS) will set the optimum parameters.
 ・In the case of Low Torque mode, the force feedback will be weaker. Please adjust the setting in Custom Setup.
 ・Custom Setup recommended settings (For Low Torque mode).
  SEM Auto
  FFB 100
  NDP 50
  NFR 5
  NIN Off
  INT 3
  FEI 100
  FOR 100
  SPR 100
  DPR 100

Pardon my ignorance on this issue, but is this automatically done in the game do you have to use the Fanatec software? And is it for the Podium F1 or only the Podium DD+. Referring to what's highlighted in red.

Thanks.

The install is taking for ever… tried canceling it and downloading and installing it again but no difference… was hoping to play this evening, but seems like it’s going to be a while 😅
Happened the same to me... downloading it was a piece of cake, but then (as it always does) it started to backup the game's files and THAT'S where I lost pretty much one hour, ruining any chances of actually firing up the game... when it all ended I only had time to turn off the PS4 and that was it :rolleyes:
I have the game installed in an external HDD with 2TB instead of the internal memory which is running thinner by now.
The installation itself takes only a couple of seconds, it's the backing up of game files that takes forever...

Last edited:
No it doesn't. It actually just shows that the subjective perception is quite the same, which in conclusion means that assuming that you're no physicist either same as me or Kie are not too, it just shows that my statements can't be that far off.
Yeah they're not far off his statements, which are historically a load of rubbish. That's the whole point.
It's like going "Look, I'm not a bad guy, this guy called "The Joker" agrees with me" completely ignoring that it's actually not a good thing to be on the same side as The Joker.

The pit entry identification is functional, the Suzuka banner is cosmetic.

Being on a PS4 i then have to delete entire game and re-install to eliminate the un-erased old data that clogs the storage space makes as "other"

Reading all of the other posts after that quote I still believe that if old-richard wants to be that exclusive in his garage then let him, even if we think he is wrong and narrow minded.
It's not about it being functional. PD literally have a pic of the new banner in a previous post. What's the hold up? I surely don't know.

Thank you but I think there is nothing more to add to that.

Yet you are the one calling me some guy.
As if I'm just some random player.
You know before I call someone some guy, I better make sure who I'm actually referring to.
Never a bad idea to make some research 🙂
Haha.. I mean, you're still some guy regardless of how much you play or post. You're going off as if everyone here should "know who theyre talking to" when you're just another dude here on the forums playing the same game. Real "can I speak to your manager" vibes, haha.

Your time in game can shed light on the relative differences between this update and other versions, but it doesn't give you any credit towards comparing those to real world metrics that actually matter.

I've played GT and amateurly raced/driven cars for 30+ years now, and am still just some guy too. But I compare what I feel to my own real world track/driving experience and listen to others that do the same. I'm not terribly interested in how it compares to other titles or subjective experiences from people who don't know how a car should feel in the first place.

I don't trust an opinion on how cars should feel or perform based on a bunch of time in a game that isn't always great at modeling car physics in the first place... but please tell me more about how much time you play... haha.

Yeah they're not far off his statements, which are historically a load of rubbish. That's the whole point.
It's like going "Look, I'm not a bad guy, this guy called "The Joker" agrees with me" completely ignoring that it's actually not a good thing to be on the same side as The Joker.
First of all it's very appreciated that at least you've understood that mine and Kies initial observations are very very similar. Great.
I'm not going to argue about what you think about him or his to keep it in your words historically load of rubbish.
That's not of matter here in this specific point I've made.
And Secondly, I don't fully understand why you come up with some utter nonsensical Joker comparison although I get what you're trying to incline.

But it definitely doesn't add anything substantial to the matter, so Iets put that anecdote to the side.
So my initial first comment on the new update, assuming you have read it
( which I don't think you have actually)
I'd say that the point is pretty much confirmed.
I mean Digit did also basically say the same earlier today in his stream.
High Tier Top split drivers which I've invited to my test lobby did also more or less confirm my observations.

So yeah maybe we all are some kind of Joker to you which you just don't want to agree with.
And it's ok.
No one forces you to do.
But again.
This is a public forum and you and me are both entitled to share our thoughts.
I'm just trying to explain what this update feels like to me.
And to me and many other in my opinion pretty qualified people which play the game a lot, this update is a step backwards in terms of ABS Simulation.
If you like to disagree, fair enough.
But simply ignoring experienced players opinions is just... Ignorant. 🙂

Would I pay for an update? It depends on the value of it...
No, it doesnt.
Game updates are to be free. Always.

Additional payed content is a different story, and depending on how the game implements it creates a separation of users if done bad, or in other cases could confuse lesser "car-educated" players into thinking that a car bought with real money needs to be better than those that are already in game.

Back