Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.52 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 614 comments
Are you using stock suspension on all of your road cars??

If you are, I'd suggest adding the fully customizable suspension and changing the 'Damping Ratio (Compression)' settings from 20 back up to 30 as per pre physics update settings. Driving should again be a much more pleasant experience for you. 👍
Stock suspensions worked fine before July update. Don’t try to imply it’s on the players to fix something PD broke. I understand you’re trying to help, but it’s not an acceptable solution.

Stock suspensions worked fine before July update. Don’t try to imply it’s on the players to fix something PD broke. I understand you’re trying to help, but it’s not an acceptable solution.
Yes I agree it was all fine...... until PD changed the stock setting of the Damping Ratio (Compression) from 30 down to 20 which is a major factor of why the cars now feel so unpleasant to drive for you. PD did not mistakenly make this change and it's not broken, It's the way PD intend things to be.

Yes I am trying to help you mate and it IS the only solution for your woes because PD aren't going to revert it themselves, not for you nor anyone else who might be feeling some type of way about these changes.

Last edited:
Yes I agree it was all fine...... until PD changed the stock setting of the Damping Ratio (Compression) from 30 down to 20 which is a major factor of why the cars now feel so unpleasant to drive for you. PD did not mistakenly make this change and it's not broken, It's the way PD intend things to be.

I'm trying to help you mate and it IS the only solution for your woes because PD aren't going to revert it themselves, not for you nor anyone else who might be feeling some type of way about these changes.
It's not really a case of 'pleasant' it's a case of "the suspension model is fundamentally broken" - in situations like this it's completely reasonable to hope for and expect it to be fixed.

What makes it obvious? The 2024 January Update that came after Spec II was dreadful in terms of cars added and arguably worse than the upcoming October update. Meanwhile, over the following winter and spring period they proceeded to add content like Toyota GT-One, Castrol Mugen NSX, Lancer Evolution IX, R31 Skyline, EG Civic, E36 M3, Gallardo, Eiger Nordwand, etc. Those are top tier additions if you ask me.

So, what about the current situation makes it obvious they are saving cars for GT8? It’s only reasonable to assume they are saving cars for GT8, but the above-mentioned circumstanses considered I wouldn’t say it’s obvious “at this point”.

Duplicates are defined too lightly these days. PD puts effort into capturing the differences between cars that might appear rather similar on the surface. For example, the Evolution VIII is clearly not a duplicate when Mitsubishi eventually felt compelled to rename it Evolution IX. Knowing PD, the differences will be noticeable in GT7 as well.

I suppose you weren’t around in the noughties back when GT games had an endless list of Japanese cars with the only difference between them being market variations like Mazda Roadster (JDM), Mazda MX-5 (EU) or Mazda Miata (US). Those were duplicates, and all of them were pixelated to the point it was difficult to tell them apart anyway.

True, but try to see things from PD’s perspective. They would do a disservice to themselves if they threw all their best eggs into one basket. By delaying certain additions they can keep up momentum. They are thriving on people’s appetite for more. Imagine how dull Spec II would have been if cars like the LFA, 400R and 190 E Evolution II had arrived as soon as players started to beg for them. I want the popular cars as much as everyone else, but I also think PD is perfectly aware of the high-impact cars. They are only saving them for the right time, which might be GT8 or some future content update for GT7. There’s a pattern characterized by balance.
I dont know why you and 2 other people have such an issue with me saying that. I'm just speculating and it's not even an unreasonable speculation by any means.

GT7 had a lot of exciting cars added at launch. I would expect the same from GT8. I dont think gt8 is super far away but also probably 2 years at least id guess.

I'm looking at all the cars they've added in the past year, and how they've handled things in the past, and I only think we've got a few really interesting cars in the past year. And some of them were cars returning to the series.

Also, DLC updates are slowing down in general, and we've been getting a lot of duplicates in these DLCs.

It would make sense that they could be saving cars for GT8 because it is more important to release the most exciting cars then, than it is now.

Also, I may have chose to complain about this update, but I didn't mean to single this update out.

It fits a pattern, and I was more thinking about the pattern than the update.

I mean I did say I don't usually complain, so I don't know why you're responding as if I said this is the worst update ever. It probably isn't. It's just the one that actually annoyed me personally.

It's not really a case of 'pleasant' it's a case of "the suspension model is fundamentally broken" - in situations like this it's completely reasonable to hope for and expect it to be fixed.
I don't think that's the case. The stock setting change that has been made is just a bit too drastic (imo) because I find it hard to believe so many of these cars (irl) would ever bounce around quite so much and feel as unstable as they do in game.

I got a chance to play the game yesterday and it is obvious that all cars are now easier to maintain on the road , it simply is less challenging and more video game like versus the weight transfer of a car when you go in a little too heavy into a corner .... for 60 bucks what do you want ? a new life ? its a game, enjoy it or dont use it ... I play VR on it always and i want it as real as possible so this time this update meh .... one of the fubn parts of racing for me is the scare factor of about to lose control, it applies to real cars too .... once the vehicle or game has too many nannies you simply lower the level of stress in maintaning a fast pace. People arent happy unless theyre complaining.

Yes I am trying to help you mate and it IS the only solution for your woes because PD aren't going to revert it themselves, not for you nor anyone else who might be feeling some type of way about these changes.
It’s strange how you twist the problem into a matter of opinion. It’s a well-known fact that the “new physics” brought on some unforeseen side effects. Watch this if you haven’t:

They issued a partial fix, but some cars are still affected, bouncing erratically when pushed hard. It’s obviously not something PD intended to happen.

Last edited:
It’s strange how you twist the problem into a matter of opinion. It’s a well-known fact that the “new physics” brought on some unforeseen side effects. Watch this if you haven’t:

They issued a partial fix, but some cars are still affected, bouncing erratically when pushed hard. It’s obviously not something PD intended to happen.

That has nothing to do with stock settings which are where PD intend them to be and all cars handle as PD expects them to.

I saw it all and even did it myself.... That only occurred through extreme settings of not only the suspension but many other combined elements of tuning.

YOU CANNOT MAKE THAT ARGUMENT....... NOTHING IS BROKEN! The bouncing and looseness of the suspension is as intended by the change of the damping settings.

That has nothing to do with stock settings which are where PD intend them to be and all cars handle as PD expects them to.

I saw it all and even did it myself.... That only occurred through extreme settings of not only the suspension but many other combined elements of tuning.

YOU CANNOT MAKE THAT ARGUMENT....... NOTHING IS BROKEN! The bouncing and looseness of the suspension is as intended by the change of the damping settings.
I'm posting this again because this is a stock Mondial, with stock suspension settings, and it's behaving like this:

You cannot feasibly say in any sense of the word that this is intended design by PD.

Unbelievable muttering.

If nothing was broken, why would a few cars be undrivable in certain conditions with stock settings? While stock settings are obviously not optimal, and some cars have better stock settings than others, it still doesn't excuse the cars behaving the way they do.

These issues did not exist before 1.49. And what @hyperspeed980 and @Nielsen showcased, you can't defend that. Unless the Sambabus comes with an incredibly strong hydraulic suspension and that the AI are intended to be spamming it, or the Ferrari's suspension having a mind of its own?

Just because we got what we got doesn't mean Polyphony intended everything to be the way it is. PD always makes fixes afterwards, that's just how they work. But in their defense, with over 500 cars and countless variables, it would take forever to check everything.

Now, will you come out of your little echo chamber?

Last edited:
I have also CS DD+ (gt dd extreme bundle) with additional McLaren GT3 Wheel...
i have that wheel and gt2 bmw one ..... at low speeds the formula car has almost no feel but if you maintain a certain speed the torque or tension is there fighting back from the lateral gs ...

It does happen on stock suspension settings. More obvious with some cars than others. And stop shouting like you know it all, because I don’t think you do.

This is how I feel going into Twitter/X with some of the simracing accounts that I follow since the update got released🤭🤭

Picsart_24-10-04_15-00-16-277.jpg

Back