Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.52 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 916 comments
I actually did try every car from those decades, yes. I also tried with a lot of modern cars, including the Evos which in real life do not ever exhibit this behaviour even if they're on upgraded tires.

Take a 90s Evo out on racing hards to exaggerate the effect. Now get into a 90s Impreza and put it on racing softs. The tires are grossly inappropriate for both cars' stock suspension, yet the Impreza doesn't experience the bug. Were Subaru just that ahead of the game?
My eyes hurt from rolling so much. Um, gee, I don't know maybe because the cars are different, and their settings are different, the outcome is different? Also, as stated and shown with the evo, it's fine.

Also, for the guys how think the old cars run on modern tires, here:

https://www.rsracing.com/rrvintage.aspx

My eyes hurt from rolling so much. Um, gee, I don't know maybe because the cars are different, and their settings are different, the outcome is different? Also, as stated and shown with the evo, it's fine.

Also, for the guys how think the old cars run on modern tires, here:

https://www.rsracing.com/rrvintage.aspx
Ah yes so the Lancer flinging its rear up on SM/SS and the Mondial skipping on anything more than CH (yes, I did try CM/CS after SH and it was skippy) is clearly the tires, but the Impreza being stable on RS is because the car is just that much better? Flawless and totally realistic game, couldn't have anything to do with the quick fix they made after the cars would literally launch into the sky at mach seventy?

Cool, I'm gonna just drop it and leave you to your own fantasy land.

Last edited:
Cool, I'm gonna just drop it and leave you to your own fantasy land.
Fantasy land describes the wild counterarguments very well. Reasoning pulled from thin air and then applied to GT7 as if all these far-fetched explanations are written into the physics code. So hilarious.

The video evidence is doctored, and the settings for the cars in video are probably set to extremes...
What exactly do you mean by “doctored”? The cars are said to be stock. Why do you think anyone would go through the trouble of capturing videos and then proceed to lie about it?

Like I’ve said a handful times in this thread, I have experienced the suspension bug myself while driving cars that are unmodified.

Last edited:
It's not classic mate, it's literally the physical manifestation of driving a car. Unless you want to control the Titan submersible with a logitec controller, the best way that is currently used in racing and the billions of cars is a wheel and pedals?

No goal posts were moved.

What I paid for my hobby is money spent on getting more out of my hobby. I enjoy what I put in, I want to have more fun and get better. The whole sim racing scene revolves around this. Max Verstappen doesn't play iRacing with a controller?

You do you mate and as I said there are world tour drivers that use controllers but in the finals they have to use the wheels (TGT last year, DD Pro this year)

So if the makers of the game design it to be competitive with "peripherals" i mean...

If I was playing a fishing sim I'd buy a digital rod. I have 3 guitar hero, rock band guitars collecting dust, because the most fun way to play a guitar rhythm game is with a guitar 🤷‍♂️
Guitar Hero comment: Truth!

The video evidence is doctored, and the settings for the cars in video are probably set to extremes...
You can see the PP level of the car in my video and you can see it’s stock on SS, try it for yourself.

The excuses you lot are reaching for now are ridiculous.

That car suspension looks tuned compared the know the stock Ferrari you just posted. Do you know the E type set up? Please share.
The Ferrari is a race car btw… that Jag is a classic race car with period suspension, nothing modern. Can you please educate yourself a little bit more for the sake of everyone here.

Again, you are proving the point. That Jag is absolutely not using modern performance tires, since none come in that size.
They're made with modern compounds and methods in a CR65 pattern to look vintage, you were soo quick to google an article about ply tyres yet you can't educate yourself here. the car uses a tyre similar(if not) to this.

To Quote your shared article on tyres:
When rubber tires became the norm for cars many years ago, they were made as bias-ply tires....
Modern tires, commonly known as “radial tires”
Here's a link to the FIA regulation appendix K that covers the historic racing, check out section 8.4 as it consistently talks about "radial" tyres... guess what that's a modern tyre...
Also, it's at Goodwood, suggesting it has a racing suspension. And yet, what is it doing? It's hoping around on it's suspension.
Sorry so the Ferrari Mondial 1 of 2 built for racing doesn't have period racing suspension like the e type jaguar that has period racing suspension? guess what the e type doesn't have... anti roll bars if you're trying to match GT7's racing suspension mod to the e type...
You won't find a "real video" of cars doing that because in real life, people don't do it. You don't put super sticky modern sport tires on a classic car without modifying the suspension.

Yes, because they are the WRONG TIRES for that suspension. You are seeing the issue 100% accurately.

Like, jeez, through some RS tires on it while you're at it.
Ok please explain how the sticker softer RS tyres don't launch the car up but SS does?

Wrong tyres for the suspension but it works? or are you going to use the excuse of poor driving again?

Last edited:
@TheAdmiester,@AlexWilmot,and anyone else with this issue,your fighting a losing battle.Some people will argue the sky is pink for as long as they can.Just use the ignore function. 👍

@TheAdmiester,@AlexWilmot,and anyone else with this issue,your fighting a losing battle.Some people will argue the sky is pink for as long as they can.Just use the ignore function. 👍
Yeah, don't waste your time debating with people that don't pay attention to certain details. Some folks can be naive in a way.

Last edited:
Noticed the new GT-R has Premium edition in the name. The '17 GT-R doesn't, yet it did in GT Sport?
Also why is the e lowercase. Do I have ocd.
In the US they're named like this:

1. GT-R Premium $121,000
2. GT-R Skyline Edition $131,000
3. GT-R T-spec $141,000
4. GT-R T-spec Takumi Edition $151,000
5. GT-R NISMO $221,000

Option 3 "GT-R T-spec" is the only one available in Millennium Jade (as per GT7)

Last edited:
You can see the PP level of the car in my video and you can see it’s stock on SS, try it for yourself.

The excuses you lot are reaching for now are ridiculous.
yes, they are indeed
Ok please explain how the sticker softer RS tyres don't launch the car up but SS does?

Wrong tyres for the suspension but it works? or are you going to use the excuse of poor driving again?

So, to paraphrase, this "undriveable car" can be driven perfectly fine on the other tires, and, as evidenced by the video, on it's own stock tires. It's just a problem if you toss it into a corner like a ham-fisted clod.

Got it.

Soooo poor driving. Thanks for coming out.

The Ferrari is a race car btw… that Jag is a classic race car with period suspension, nothing modern. Can you please educate yourself a little bit more for the sake of everyone here.
You’re calling the Ferrari a race car which is funny because in GT7 it’s not a full blown race car by any means… GT7 has it classed as a road car.
IMG_8802.jpeg

IMG_8798.png

Anyone who actually plays GT7 knows stock tuned cars track cars and race cars come with already modified suspension. This is known because when you upgrade the suspension it is either already upgraded, or you can only get a couple options. Not like what you see here in which you can buy the whole suspension line up.

IMG_8799.png

IMG_8800.png

IMG_8801.png

As you can see with these true race cars/Tuned cars they already have modified suspension because they don’t have full options Like the so called Ferrari race car.

So again yes those are awesome videos of what to seem like cars set up for the track and not in stock form like what we have in GT7.

In the end I personally tested the so called broken Ferrari (post videos) and it drove as what I except a stock car from the 50’s to handle like. If anyone is expecting it to handle like a 911 GT3RS I don’t know what to say.

There’s too much focus on a few select cars, such as the 500 Mondial, and it has sparked a noisy discussion feeding trolls incapable of facing reality. Sure, the Mondial showcases the suspension bug very well, but don’t forget that many cars are affected in some capacity, if not all cars. The Nordschleife has exposed the bug in pretty much every car I’ve driven there since the update. Everything from Nismo 400R to Suzuki Escudo misbehave on default setups. @snowman_pr described it perfectly:
So, not trying to argue with anyone but yesterday I was hosting a 630PP street cars sports tires only event at the Nordschleife and during a race I was using an R34 tuned and during a high speed section before the carousel (sorry I can’t remember by name all the sections of the ‘ring) I went for the inside apex and went thru the curbs. No biggie as I like to use them to sort of thread the needle between semi curves, and guess what? My car launches and started jumping for two, three seconds max as if it were on pogos sticks.

I'm curious, for those people who are really adamant that there are no bugs in the current model:

1) Have you not experienced any strange behaviour, at any point? Or is it just that it is infrequent for you?
2) What do you think is motivating people to point out the issues that they see? Someone like @AlexWilmot has been quite a staunch defender of GT7, so the motivation can't be to hate on the game or to troll

I find the whole argument quite strange, because whilst the game is working great in most cases, and whilst the new model is mostly good, I have definitely noticed some odd car behaviour at points, behaviour that indicates there are still some bugs or issues with the current model. It does not happen often, but when it does it is very strange.

Last edited:
Someone like @AlexWilmot has been quite a staunch defender of GT7, so the motivation can't be to hate on the game or to troll
No one pointing out the suspensions issues are haters or trolls. The people denying the problem are the trolls, and it’s evident in how their reasoning just won’t stop clutching at straws to disrupt valid criticism.

I've mentioned this in the physics thread from 2021 and 2024.
The way the Toyota bounces, Assetto Corsa replicate that with their suspension model. The Group A E30 and DTM 190E, behave the same. Same bouncing skipping over curbs.

That's something I wish PD did replicate with the old Group A/JGTC Skyline R32.

I’m convinced what PD have done is something I wanted done since the first Gran Turismo. It’s a blink and you’ll miss it moment, but when the SVX below hops over the curb, it does it realistically with a bounce and settles.

PD refined the tuning and they’ve actually programmed parameters for extreme reactions to happen as in the video below. Note the attitude of the V8 Quattro at corner exit.

Now I’m always watching Group A videos. Specifically for the attitudes of the cars. It’s how I set up all my suspensions. To get that bounce over curbs and to see the suspension compressing and expanding as the real Group A race cars do.

I use a DS5, but I still get the same inputs through the controller as what Tsuchiya is experiencing in the video below.

All that bouncing and correcting is what I’ve been after for years. I got some of it before update 1.49 with the curb hopping, but now it’s even moreso with my set ups with 1.49. Watching drivers back in the days steer those cars were so lively. That’s what I want to experience in Gran Turismo. It’s happening.

The bouncing of certain cars are too extreme. However, as I mentioned above, the extreme reactions are in the programming replicating the physics of real race cars in the videos I've posted. The brief clip of the Audi V8 showcases the reactions I experience(with my Group A tuned cars) in GT7 perfectly.

Main problem are the stock road cars as has been pointed out. That does need adjusting for certain cars. BUT... this is real life. I always reference Best Motoring when setting up my cars and watching car behaviour. PD have replicated the bouncing to a T. Look at the reaction of this Civic Type R straight out the box! And this is on a wet track!

I'm curious, for those people who are really adamant that there are no bugs in the current model:

1) Have you not experienced any strange behaviour, at any point? Or is it just that it is infrequent for you?
2) What do you think is motivating people to point out the issues that they see? Someone like @AlexWilmot has been quite a staunch defender of GT7, so the motivation can't be to hate on the game or to troll

I find the whole argument quite strange, because whilst the game is working great in most cases, and whilst the new model is mostly good, I have definitely noticed some odd car behaviour at points, behaviour that indicates there are still some bugs or issues with the current model. It does not happen often, but when it does it is very strange.
You have a point there, I agree with you 100%.

Back