Gran Turismo 7 Update Coming September 1

• Thread starter Famine
  • 158 comments
Holy crap this. My kids like to play with me, and the split screen is so lacking. Would be sweet if there was a co-op split screen too where you could gain credits for split screen races.
Custom race is far better, providing you have two of everything. Create a friend's only room, and now you don't have to share a screen (I don't believe you get to use a tuned car in split either; only the base model. Split screen is really lacking). Just set the second TV up alongside the first, and you've got local gaming over the net. I'm tempted to buy a third set-up, because two's still not enough. Would really like it if PD would add the option of AI to custom.

Last edited:
Maybe make damage on the car permanent, and force the driver to pit to fix damage for longer races?

Would agree with this as well. But should be implemented as a difficulty challenge, ergo, it should only be like this in Sport Mode races and if you choose the Hard difficulty setting. There are more casual players that would really not like this. But at the same time, no one would wall-ride anymore and would of course, try to improve to not go off-track and make contact with other cars.

This update will obviously just feature bug fixes... Probably the PP glitch with some cars (2J and A220 on Tokyo) and other less known things.
Probaly wouldn’t stop the ramming, but definitely put a stop to getting away with ramming.

It will most likely fix minor problems from the known issues (link below) given the 1 week turn-around.

Would agree with this as well. But should be implemented as a difficulty challenge, ergo, it should only be like this in Sport Mode races and if you choose the Hard difficulty setting. There are more casual players that would really not like this. But at the same time, no one would wall-ride anymore and would of course, try to improve to not go off-track and make contact with other cars.

This update will obviously just feature bug fixes... Probably the PP glitch with some cars (2J and A220 on Tokyo) and other less known things.
Honestly, I've had more fun in custom races with the current damage model. Even AI will wipe out and pit for repairs which adds some variety.

Low expectations, a update being announced in such short notice, more than likely some minor fixes, unless it creates new bugs will be forgotten in a week.

This game shouldn't even need updates.
All they had to do was copy and paste a perfect game "Gt Sport" and just added extra cars and tracks in GT7.
Instead they screwed with there own formula and ruined the only racing game I like on PS4/PS5

But the things is besides cars and tracks, the upgrade and perfomence system is completly different in gt7 campared to gt sport for the better, also customization we didin’t have in gt sport, the game has issues no deny on that, gt sport was also far from perfect, i would say despite the issues with gt7 its overall better game than gt sport

Yeah, only thing about that would be the fact that the AI are programmed to not make mistakes, so the chances of them pitting for damage would be highly unlikely.
But they ram me at tokyo and I see some making mistakes hence the yellow flags :)

Let's hope this.is the update to remove the terrible "head wobbling" or give us an onboard "dash" view instead

It will most likely fix minor problems from the known issues (link below) given the 1 week turn-around.

Unless it was added to the "known issues" post-1.20, it likely won't be addressed. This has all the markings of an "emergency" patch, undoing some things introduced in the previous update.

You can use cars from your garage in split screen. You can only use cars you’ve assigned as “Favorite” though.
Interesting. Are there any other benefits to marking a car, or multiple cars as favorites? Never tried it or paid much attention to it.

iirc last time they did one of these bugfix updates they added the 360 chase camera? Hopefully a neat surprise like that again.

I hope this update will fix how unusually hard the races are for the Gr.1 Prototype Series and the WTC 800. It feels like there’s a remarkable spike in difficulty with those two events.
I’m doing the Gr.1 Prototype Series right now. I feel with the older tyre model I could win the Daytona race. Closest I’ve got to the winner is just under 5 seconds. I’ve looked on YouTube and people where doing two stoppers with RM’s and hardly any wear. While RH’s could do the full race comfortably.

I’ve tried both a 787B with high top speed, and the 919 all-rounder. In Time Trials I’ve been in the top 3% for all but one event.

Last edited:
I want 1,000 cars, lower prices, five new tracks including Grand Valley, Apricot Hill, Spilshinanke (the 2J might not make those jumps), Riviera, and the Boonta Eve Classic (the Raptor is all you need), and I want all of you to learn how NOT to kill tires at Sardegna else I will stamp my feet, gripe, and moan online.
I WILL do it, just you hide and watch ... lol ...

I’m doing the Gr.1 Prototype Series right now. I feel with the older tyre model I could win the Daytona race. Closest I’ve got to the winner is just under 5 seconds. I’ve looked on YouTube and people where doing two stoppers with RM’s and hardly any wear. While RH’s could do the full race comfortably.

I’ve tried both a 787B with high top speed, and the 919 all-rounder. In Time Trials I’ve been in the top 3% for all but one event.
Skip the bus stop and just blaze around the barrier on the grass. The penalty, if present, makes little difference. Also if you're driving a road coupled hybrid, shut the brakes off on the electrically driven wheels. The KERS will still engage but the pads won't, saving you some tire wear on those wheels. Likewise if you're careful on the throttle the KERS will not engage on acceleration, again saving you some wear.
If there's an arrow on your fuel gauge, you have a KERS. If the arrow is red, electric power is being sent to the driven wheels. If it's green, power is being recovered from those wheels OR the exhaust turbines. The green bar, if present, tells you how long you'll have the four wheel drive effect on a road coupled hybrid.
Also, lighter is almost always better. I think I did this either with a Formula 1 car (not the M4) or the Red Bull Competition Car. I also have a VGT Veyron and a Porsche 919 lying around. Both are capable of absolutely destroying the competition.

Interesting. Are there any other benefits to marking a car, or multiple cars as favorites? Never tried it or paid much attention to it.
Yeah, if you click on the menu button (top left) while in the Change Car screen, you'll find a drop down with plenty of different choices. Among them is Show Only Favorites, and if you choose that if I remember correctly it will default to that each time you go back into the Change Car screen. You can also search by Category, Manufacturer, Country, PP and a few other options. There's also a button at the top right that changes it between square-grid view and line entry view, a la the older games garage menu.

I try to give PD the benefit of the doubt but as I tried to get a few races in, “I is so confused” when I saw this, September doesn’t have 31 days this year, the server will be down tonight? Tomorrow, the 31st? WTF, i thought april fools days was December 28th OMG, I swear They live to make us miserable.

2C1342CD-8B41-4905-B9F5-59FE09FD6AFA.jpeg

My expectations for this hotfix are below the floor and will probably make things worse

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back